whats your favorite way to workout?

Options
Mine is definatly running. What about you?

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    fast walking. It's the only exercise I can do everyday without hestitating. :) I know some people don't care about walking and think it's not an exercise but I do enjoy it very much.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    No no walking is great i try for an hour everyday :)
  • AndreaDaPrincess
    AndreaDaPrincess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh...its definately an exercise and a very good one. Walking is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. :smile:
  • albayin
    Options
    Oh...its definately an exercise and a very good one. Walking is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. :smile:

I actually did quite some research on walking vs. running. I was amazed by how different point of view people take on this.
  • MonicaFlachman
    Options
    I do P90X and Turbo Fire!!!!
  • albayin
    Options
    No no walking is great i try for an hour everyday :)

I do 4 miles more or less it's the distance between work and home. On weekends, I take trail and cross the highway 5-8 miles, depending on how far I want to go. :)
  • albayin
    Options

You look great!
  • meeper123
    Options

That looks fun :)
  • meeper123
    Options

Wows! Nice arms
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I do mostly zumba and some swimming.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Weights and HIIT conditioning intervals: rope climbs, tire sledges, sprints, etc
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    So what is the best thing walking / running... I really want to run but I'm not very good at it. I had to stop cause from my knee cap down I couldn't feel it. Yes it was scary. But it got better and it is starting up again. So I was wondering about walking...
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mine is definatly running. What about you?

1. Sex
    2. Running
    3. Walking
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So what is the best thing walking / running... I really want to run but I'm not very good at it. I had to stop cause from my knee cap down I couldn't feel it. Yes it was scary. But it got better and it is starting up again. So I was wondering about walking...

Walking is fine for cardio. Although running does burn calories much faster its a brilliant way to get some simple cardio in. :smile:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    The Venus Index workout (advanced weight training and goal setting for shape)
    Running
    Sprints
    Sprinting up stairs
    Some less intense elliptical some days.
  • albayin
    Options

You can search this subject online and will be very confused just like I am. However, studies shows, walking or running, distance matters more than speed. But when people do feel more tired running so they would think they burn more. :)
  • albayin
    Options
    Oops...am I about to get into trouble by saying walking and running burn about the same? LOL didn't mean to. I am not going to argue with anyone on this.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Rock climbing, backpacking & camping.. all so beautiful you forget you're working out. :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    There are not enough strength training in the lists for women.

You need a minimum of 3 days a week, just a simple resistance routine.

I recently had my DXA scan done to check my bone density. The technician was amazed that at 51.5 years of age my bone density is that of a super athletic 30 year old, and my visceral fat was .06 (basically 0, the lowest she had ever seen). Now if is not scientific evidence that lifting keeps you younger I don't know what is. No osteoporosis in my future.

Women need to lift.
  • marioinCT
    marioinCT Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yoga.
    Dancing.
    I would love to do more triathletic work - bike, run and swim. I've never had time, but it's time to make time.