Let's Talk Politics...

Options
ishallnotwant
ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
Joshua
MyFitnessPal Forum Staff

Replies

• GeekyGoddess
    Options
    I vote. Can't sit around and complain about politics if you don't, lol!
  • purpleblaze
    Options
    yes..last time i voted it was the for the legalise marijuana party here in NZ the others can go jump off the corporation bull****e ship :)
  • turbofuzz77
    turbofuzz77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    yes i vote....ron paul should have gotten the nomination...hes the only one that made any sense!!
  • dinoskycm
    Options
    I voted in 2008, but I am not sure if I'm voting this year. I haven't figured out where I stand with each candidate. Still doing my research. :)
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    I am most definitely a voter! I agree that you shouldn't complain about any political matter if you choose not to vote! =)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yes! I think it is very important to take part in electing someone to "represent" you. The quotation marks are there for a reason :huh: ...but we won't get into that.
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I vote, I am politically active, and I believe voting should, like filing taxes, be compulsory.

I also think we should have instant runoffs and get rid of the electoral college, and that Citizens United needs to be overturned, but that's a whole other blogging site. (grin)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm a political science major, of course I vote! Actually, this is going to be the first year that I'm eligible to vote, so that's pretty exciting. I'm also trying to "persuade" my friends to vote with me. I guess that's a positive kind of peer pressure?
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Yes, consistently.
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I used to vote. However this election will be the biggest Douche vs. Turd in history. So I think I will sit this one out. I don't think the results will matter.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    im registered but probably wont vote because i care so little about politics
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I vote.....but I never talk politics. :noway:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I vote, I am politically active, and I believe voting should, like filing taxes, be compulsory.

I also think we should have instant runoffs and get rid of the electoral college, and that Citizens United needs to be overturned, but that's a whole other blogging site. (grin)

^I like you.

I hate the fact that the US still has the Electoral College. It's just very antiquated. I can see the use for it when the political system was being set up, mostly because the masses of people didn't have the same access to information that we have now. I think it needs to go.
  • gracieabem
    Options
    I vote and like to be politically aware of what is going on around me, but I will admit that I am often left feeling a bit let down on the quality of candidates that I can choose from. I'm from Australia. We have compulsory voting. I do wonder if we didn't have compulsory voting, whether our representatives would have to work harder to actually gain our votes. It's something I've pondered on for a while.

Edit - there just seems to be a lot of safe seats and not a lot of addressing important issues. I guess I'd like to see some more grass-roots campaigning. If seats weren't safe because of compulsory voting and people just voting because they have to, would politicians have to work harder to earn their seat?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed to vote.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I vote. Can't sit around and complain about politics if you don't, lol!

Same here. :happy:
  • irishchick874
    Options
    Yup I vote. Don't know what the hell I am going to do this time around. Not so happy with my options.:grumble:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed to vote.

Why is that?
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I used to vote. However this election will be the biggest Douche vs. Turd in history. So I think I will sit this one out. I don't think the results will matter.

Forgive me, I am not that knowledgeable about the American political system. But it always seems to me that only Reps & Dems are represented. When independent leaders get into the House, Senate, whatever do they have any impact?

Where I live, the parties I vote for (I sway between two) never win the federal election. However, they bring a lot of opposition power that keeps the elected party from just pushing their own agenda.

Do the elected independent leaders make any difference?
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Do the elected independent leaders make any difference?

In short.....NO. Over here it is MONEY that makes the difference.

This big thing is one party really cares about the selfish rich. The other party cares about the lazy poor. The majority of us in the middle get left out on our own to do the best we can.
This discussion has been closed.