Options
2»

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed to vote.

Why is that?

Residency issues. I haven't lived in the U.S. in 10 years, so I can't vote there, and Canadian permanent residents can't vote in Canada.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I vote. I already know which way I will be voting in November. I am not really happy with either choice, but my only other options are to write in a vote (which would be a waste of my vote, since the person I write in wouldn't have a snowball's chance) or not vote at all (which isn't really an option at all in my book). So, that being said, I will be going with the candidate who most closely "represents" my opinions/thoughts on the matters at hand. Like someone else has said, it won't really matter one way or the other anyway. There is too much opposition about everything in this country, not just between the politicians, but between friends and neighbors, as well.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I vote. I already know which way I will be voting in November. I am not really happy with either choice, but my only other options are to write in a vote (which would be a waste of my vote, since the person I write in wouldn't have a snowball's chance) or not vote at all (which isn't really an option at all in my book). So, that being said, I will be going with the candidate who most closely "represents" my opinions/thoughts on the matters at hand. Like someone else has said, it won't really matter one way or the other anyway. There is too much opposition about everything in this country, not just between the politicians, but between friends and neighbors, as well.

I concur!! But yes, I will vote.
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest and say I haven't yet because I didn't care about politics the way I should until recently. I want to vote this year but am really torn as I don't particularly care for either candidate. What to do?

I'll probably write in my vote; won't make a difference but at least I tried.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that this thread would be closed in minutes if it were really on politics :laugh:
    This will be my first year being able to vote. If I can get an absentee ballot, I'm voting.
  • zgochenour
    zgochenour Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I study politics for a living, and I don't vote.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    yes i vote....ron paul should have gotten the nomination...hes the only one that made any sense!!

I completely agree!
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student; Business, Political Science and Spanish are my majors and I plan on going to law school. And I really enjoy my pell grants.

So yep, i'm voting
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I study politics for a living, and I don't vote.

May I ask why?... if you're comfortable sharing.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Depends. There have been things I've wanted to vote on, but because I live on the very edge of the city they don't consider me a citizen and I'm not allowed to vote on local things. Higher politics, not really but that's because legal jargon gives me a migraine and I tend to find most if not all politicians idiots. Don't even really plan to vote this November because there are so much I find wrong with both candidates I can't get the lesser of two evils to tip the scale.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Depends. There have been things I've wanted to vote on, but because I live on the very edge of the city they don't consider me a citizen and I'm not allowed to vote on local things. Higher politics, not really but that's because legal jargon gives me a migraine and I tend to find most if not all politicians idiots. Don't even really plan to vote this November because there are so much I find wrong with both candidates I can't get the lesser of two evils to tip the scale.

you realize there is more than two people running right?
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Joshua
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.