WTH is up with my butt?!

Options
I've lost almost 20lbs now, my arms are more toned (there's definite definition in them) and my legs are the most toned thing on my body right now. (I'm a mom so I'll probably forever be working on my mid-section)

But despite the hundreds of lunges, squats, running, and donkey kicks I do... I don't feel like my butt is going back to where it once was. In my past I never had to concentrate on working on that part of my body, my job just kind of toned it itself.

What else can I do? I want to refrain from purchasing any DVDs and I've tried Googling other exercises but they all seem to say squats, lunges and the kicks are the best thing. My legs definitely have toned from them, but WHY NOT MY FRIGGIN BUTT?!

TIA

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    How heavy are your squats? 80 lbs? 160 lbs? are you going below parallel?
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    How heavy are your squats? 80 lbs? 160 lbs? are you going below parallel?

I workout at home, so it's just body weight. I do use proper form - I have to or my knees will kill me. I've used 10lbs for them with my handweights, but that's it.
  • angeljessie54
    Options
    I so wish my butt would perk up and get pretty. lol maybe it's a mom thing? lol
  • fairestthings
    Options
    I so wish my butt would perk up and get pretty. lol maybe it's a mom thing? lol

At 25, I refuse-refuse-refuse to accept that. I've seen far too many moms older than me in great shape. I know it's possible and i wil make it happen. I just need to find out how!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    that is why I bought a home gym. I got a weiders on craigstlist for 40$ used. I want the weighted squats to work my booty. That is where I carry my weight and it is so comfortable it takes forever to remove even an ounce :( I just keep at it... I bought Jillian michaels booty video and am going to try that after the 30ds video.

Good luck. Sheer determination and we will get that booty back in shape.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats!
    My current 1rm is 195. That give you the bubble butt, not body weight squats
  • fairestthings
    Options
    that is why I bought a home gym. I got a weiders on craigstlist for 40$ used. I want the weighted squats to work my booty. That is where I carry my weight and it is so comfortable it takes forever to remove even an ounce :( I just keep at it... I bought Jillian michaels booty video and am going to try that after the 30ds video.

Good luck. Sheer determination and we will get that booty back in shape.

I will have to be more adamant about stalking Craigslist :) I knwo hubby wants to purchase weights in the future when we move into a house that has room for them.

Perhaps I shall result to a DVD. I just hope it works.

And yes, we WILL absolutely get them back in shape! :happy:
  • nbeth901
    nbeth901 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is soooo funny! I really need to work on the *kitten* thing too! I think after kids two things deflate- the boobs and the butt....

It isnt fair!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight and doing body weight squats, then the resistance is being decreased. I've had many a female client ask me how to improve their butt and the answer is always the same. Heavy *kitten* squats (*kitten* to grass), leg press with toes hanging off the top on the pressing platform, long stride lunges.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely no help with the thread, but I just wanted to say I read the title as "WTH is up my butt?!" And it seriously made me LOL.

Actually, I'm still LOLing. So thank you :)
  • HallerFitness
    Options
    Add more weights. More weights equals more muscles equals a firmer bottom. Don't be afraid that you'll get huge muscles. That only happens if you do steroids. I think increasing the amount of weights you hold in all the lower-body exercises will increase your burn and get you the results you're looking for. You're right that being in your 20s should not mean you have to settle for not getting the body you want.

Good luck :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats. Deeper than parallel. Can you join a gym? Maybe one with a daycare? That's easier than trying ti buy all the needed equipment.
  • fairestthings
    Options
    This is soooo funny! I really need to work on the *kitten* thing too! I think after kids two things deflate- the boobs and the butt....

It isnt fair!!!!

I was always told that after kids I'd have big boobs. do you know how disappointing it is to find out everyone was lying after all these years?! Jerks!

My butt isn't so much deflated (boobs are! LOL) but I am trying to beat the future by working on it now before I have kid #2. I am determined to have an insanely fit pregnancy!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    how LONG have you been doing all of this? I ask, because I too am a mom and it wasn't until recently - very recently that mine lifted. That was lunges, squats, dead lifts, leg lifts, leg presses, incline treadmill, etc etc etc. But, last November has only been 4 months of training and it was eh.... now, its been a year and I can TOTALLY see a difference and am glad I didn't stop just because I'm older and a mom, etc. So, keep at it.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats!
    My current 1rm is 195. That give you the bubble butt, not body weight squats

^ this. I squat 125 currently.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Brazil butt lift did wonders for my behind.
    The link to my results is in the about me section of my profile
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    hip thrusters, definitely hip thrusters.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

It isnt fair!!!!

I was always told that after kids I'd have big boobs. do you know how disappointing it is to find out everyone was lying after all these years?! Jerks!

My butt isn't so much deflated (boobs are! LOL) but I am trying to beat the future by working on it now before I have kid #2. I am determined to have an insanely fit pregnancy!

Yeah, your boobs only stay big after having kids if you stay fat (or they were big before you had kids). My butt went flat, but it's nice and round again thanks to heavy weight lifting.
  • budgerigar
    budgerigar Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hill sprints did things for my tush that heavy squats never did! Work up to them, but man I stopped avoiding hills in my running routes when I saw what was happening back there!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my mom had great success doing the "butt walk" exercise, aaaaall the way back when Callinetics was the big thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAFZr2uoIk