WTH is up with my butt?!

Options

Replies

• JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting (squats & lunges & glute bridges) is the ONLY thing that perked mine back up. And I mean with a barbell... adding on more weight.
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You can try the butt bible :) It's on Youtube for free and I noticed a difference in a week. I'm no mom, but it can't hurt to try!
  • MelBee29
    Options
    invest in heavy weights if you can make it to the gym im a mommy too i used to have cellulite on the back of my thighs and butt touched my thighs now the cellulite is almost gone and booty is looking plump according to my hubby lol ....

i can squat 160 at the moment , try box jumps you dont need a box even a park bench with some weights, knee squats with barbell , weighted lunges or lunge jumps , those are some of the things that helped me also diet and water :flowerforyou: :wink:

good luck ! you can see my transformation on instagram : MelBeeFit
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Start doing one-leg squats and be sure you're keeping your weight on your heels rathat than in the front of the foot. Keeping your weight in the heels concentrates the effort in the butt muscles.
  • SethosTBG
    SethosTBG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Now you do know it's 33% genetic and hereditary based.:wink: However, for most women especially after having children that is where your fat is stored. It seems as though you're doing everything right, the question I need to ask if you're in shape why are you so fixated on your butt? To whom, like I ask my wife, are you trying to impress. Ask your husband if he likes it?:happy:

Well you're doing great keep it up. It does tone-up, but if you keep looking at it, your MIND will play tricks on you.:glasses:
  • conservativek
    conservativek Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @fairestthings- Google an excercise called Diva Derrierre, by Teresa Tapp. It's a sequence of moves that doesen't really involve the exercises you mentioned. Form is very much a focus point of this exercise, and it is a tough workout! Works better for me than lunges or squats. Best of success to you!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely no help with the thread, but I just wanted to say I read the title as "WTH is up my butt?!" And it seriously made me LOL.

Actually, I'm still LOLing. So thank you :)

Absolutely. Still laughing.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yep you need to add some weights. You've gone as far as you can with using body weight.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Now you do know it's 33% genetic and hereditary based.:wink: However, for most women especially after having children that is where your fat is stored. It seems as though you're doing everything right, the question I need to ask if you're in shape why are you so fixated on your butt? To whom, like I ask my wife, are you trying to impress. Ask your husband if he likes it?:happy:

Well you're doing great keep it up. It does tone-up, but if you keep looking at it, your MIND will play tricks on you.:glasses:

maybe she wants to change it for herself? Goodness knows I did mine for me and to prove to myself that I could. That, and I compete, but it was/is still for me.
  • Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love weighted squats and I swear that they have lifted my butt 2 inches. Recently, I added some romanian deadlifts in my regular weight lifting routine and my butt has never been tighter. I got a "Nice *kitten*!" from my husband yesterday...so yeah....I am sticking with that!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You are totally not alone with the *kitten*! My legs are looking better; my arms are looking better; my tummy is getting a little better (long WAY to go there, though), but my butt is terrible! It's huge and flat. :( Someone mentioned the Booty Bible, Butt Bible, something that's a Bible on butts and how it was effective. I haven't looked at it yet, but maybe it's worth a shot?

BTW, your little peanut in your profile picture is just the sweetest lil' thing! I don't like kids, but I would love just to give her the BIGGEST hug. :)
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely no help with the thread, but I just wanted to say I read the title as "WTH is up my butt?!" And it seriously made me LOL.

Actually, I'm still LOLing. So thank you :)

LOL no prob ;-)
  • fairestthings
    Options

I used to have the kind of butt I want now :) I was a ballet dancer, so I know IT IS THERE. LOL. As the others said, I am doing it for me. My husband has been happy with the way I look even when i was 20lbs heavier. This is all for me :)
  • fairestthings
    Options
    You are totally not alone with the *kitten*! My legs are looking better; my arms are looking better; my tummy is getting a little better (long WAY to go there, though), but my butt is terrible! It's huge and flat. :( Someone mentioned the Booty Bible, Butt Bible, something that's a Bible on butts and how it was effective. I haven't looked at it yet, but maybe it's worth a shot?

BTW, your little peanut in your profile picture is just the sweetest lil' thing! I don't like kids, but I would love just to give her the BIGGEST hug. :)

Thank you :-) She is the light of our life, that's for sure. She is as sweet as she looks, I swear!

thanks everyone for the advice. I'll be looking up the moves and suggestions! :flowerforyou:
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i know you said no videos.... but the beach body program 'Brazilian butt lift' is amazing. my butt is much higher and im starting to get a thigh gap even though im 35 lbs till my goal weight (which isnt even that low for my height). i paid 60 bucks for it, but um.... you can find it if you know how for free... if you know what i mean :]

http://buttliftworkoutreviews.com/

check out the before and after pictures!
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I used to have the kind of butt I want now :) I was a ballet dancer, so I know IT IS THERE. LOL. As the others said, I am doing it for me. My husband has been happy with the way I look even when i was 20lbs heavier. This is all for me :)

You used to do ballet have you tried going back to the bar exercises? It worked before why not now? I always joke that my butt was from taking tap as a little girl and I'm thinking about taking up an adult tap class to make sure I keep mine. Just a thought.
  • fairestthings
    Options
    i know you said no videos.... but the beach body program 'Brazilian butt lift' is amazing. my butt is much higher and im starting to get a thigh gap even though im 35 lbs till my goal weight (which isnt even that low for my height)

http://buttliftworkoutreviews.com/

check out the before and after pictures!

I'm getting a lot of input for that specific video. I'll have to give it a look now! :)

For the record, I'm near maintenance now. I only have 3-8lbs left to lose :)
  • fairestthings
    Options

You used to do ballet have you tried going back to the bar exercises? It worked before why not now? I always joke that my butt was from taking tap as a little girl and I'm thinking about taking up an adult tap class to make sure I keep mine. Just a thought.

I actually haven't done barre in ages, and I probably should :) Thing is though, most of the exercises used in barre -- what they work out -- are teh same muscle groups worked out in donkey kicks and leg lifts. It's just done with grace :) LOL
  • slimlifter
    slimlifter Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    In my experience: DEADLIFTS + SQUATS = booty.

Plus glute bridges, lunges, hip thrusts, pull throughs, Romanian deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts, glute ham raise

Here's a few awesome articles on glute training:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/glutes_gone_wild

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/glutes_gone_wild_part_2

Don't forget to keep everything in balance and stretch regularly to ensure you don't end up with a funky pelvic tilt :)
  • fairestthings
    Options
    Thank you! :D