Where were you born and raised?

Options

Replies

• AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Pittsburgh PA. Which means, of course, that I speak fluent yinzer. n'at. ;^)

We do speak the best language n'at.
  • genefabes
    Options
    born and raised under the clouds of NE ohio and Cleveland sports. reside in Virginia.
  • V1CT0R1Axxx
    Options
    I was born in London, England.
    Raised around Lincolnshire- I lived for a while in the smallest village ever called New York lol not quite as busy or fun as the USA version! Only a post office, pub & bus stop in it :laugh:
    Live now in Essex, England.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Parris, France. My native language is French.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    born; pennsylvania USA
    raised:southern poland 2 hours from slovakia. im a highlander :)
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Rotterdam, the Netherlands!

Edit: dus naast Engels spreek ik ook Nederlands! ^^

Great! Ik spreek ook Nederlands. Nederlands Nationaliteit, geboren op Bonaire. Ik was in Nederland in 1990 voor een maand. Mijn zus woont daar. Maar ik heb geen praktijk meer over de laatste 20 jaren of zo, dus is mijn Nederlands echt slecht geworden. Wat een schaamte.

Je Nederlands is helemaal niet slecht! Erg goed juist :)

Translation (before people start yelling at me that this is an American/English site): She told me she can speak dutch also, that her sister lives there but that her Dutch has declined because she hasn't been there for 20 years or so. I told her her Dutch is actually really good!
  • brooke_2727
    Options
    Ohio.....now living in Miami, Florida
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Born and raised in Sydney, Australia.

My parents are from Bangladesh so I can also speak Bengali - not fluent though.
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Born in a town called Noble Park in Melbourne Australia. Raised in a small town about 20mins from Noble Park on a horse farm :) . Moved to Tennessee USA 4 years ago and haven't looked back!
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    We do speak the best language n'at.

LOL! Was the photo on your profile page taken on the merry-go-round at Kennywood?
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    North Carolina
    Tarheel born and raised...
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Born and raised on the gorgeous coast of Maine. I've been lots of places but I keep coming back.
  • Flame073
    Options
    I was born and raised on a tiny island called Malta in the middle of the Mediterranean .. I moved to Australia as a late teen and now 20 years later I feel torn between the two countries , Australia has its perks but I will always call Malta my home !
  • xkellsbellsx
    Options
    Made In Canada.
    Paris, Ontario
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Dunmore, PA, right next to Scranton. I never ran into Joe Biden, though everybody knew the Casey's. Lot's of tasty cakes, hoagies, and pierogi, not to mention white pizza, porketta, french fries with gravy, and 24 hour diners. Hard to maintain there, even now when I just go back to visit.

My maided name was DUNSMORE. I read this and had to re-read because I thought there was a town named after my family!!! :-)

The town was named after Lord Dunmore, who fought a famous but largely futile war with the native Americans, Lord Dunmore's war, in the early 18th century. Could be you are part of that brood, spelling was more interpretive back in those days.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    New Jersey for my entire life.
  • BrandNewAmy
    BrandNewAmy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Currently live in Wisconsin, but I like to say I'm "imported from Detroit". :happy:
  • MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Houston, Texas.
  • hannaisthebest
    Options
    usa <3
  • clvautour
    clvautour Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was born in O'Leary, Prince Edward Island and raised in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. I now live in North Bay, Ontario. :ohwell: