Where were you born and raised?

Options

Replies

• superkel317
    Options
    In west Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days, chillin' out, maxin', relaxing all cool, and shooting some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighbour, i got in one little fight and my mum got scared, and said you're moving with your Aunty and Uncle in Bel-Air!

dance.gif

I'm sorry, I had to.
    hahahahaha I love it!! I used to watch that show all the time!
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Sonoma California
    lived in England, German, Japan and Korea
    Now living in Tolleson Arizona
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    In west Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days, chillin' out, maxin', relaxing all cool, and shooting some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighbour, i got in one little fight and my mum got scared, and said you're moving with your Aunty and Uncle in Bel-Air!

dance.gif

I'm sorry, I had to.

LOL!!!! totally made my morning - now to watch the video and listen to some Tom Jones
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Born in Lawrence, MA and raised in Lawrence, Andover and Methuen, MA.

Everyone in my family but me was born in Poland!! But I do speak the language fluently and have visited several times (just returned from three weeks there).
  • DivaTendencies86
    Options
    Born and raised in Mdantsane, South Africa :)

I've lived in Grahamstown, Pretoria and am currently in Cape Town.

I'm loudly and proudly South African :)

Languages: English, Afrikaans, Xhosa (mother tongue), Zulu, Sotho, siTswana, siPedi
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Moline Ill
    Raise all over the USA!
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm from northern Michigan. If you look at it, Michigan looks a lot like a mitten. I live near the tip of the middle finger. :laugh:
    English is my only language.
  • llrbaker
    llrbaker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in the armpit of the southeastern United States (aka Albany, Georgia), and my fluent languages are Redneck and English :laugh: :laugh:
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options

dance.gif

I'm sorry, I had to.

Going to be stuck in my head ALLLLL day. Thanks! :tongue:
  • akean81
    akean81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was born in Toledo, OH
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Born: Allentown, PA
    Raised: Allentown & Northampton PA
    Speak English and some German! :) My mom and her side moved to the US from Germany when she was 5. Love the language!
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    Erie, Pennsylvania, USA

English, Spanish
  • fields69
    Options
    Newport, Wales, UK. Native language is NOT Welsh, and I can't even speak or understand it, since that has only been trendy for the last 10 years or so.

The town is descending rapidly into a calendar of festivals, organised by the local authority in a futile attempt to stop the rot, which is unstoppable now since even Marks & Spencer are moving out of the high street. Oddly, coffee shops are popping up all over the place, we now have 4 major chains including Starbucks. That's an oxymoron if ever there was one - gong to Starbucks for a coffee.

We have a food festival coming up. Really? In a town whose signature dish is cheese and chips (fries)? I'll be there, staying away wouldn't help. However, ploughing all that money into cheaper rent for shopkeepers would. Doh.
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

dance.gif

I'm sorry, I had to.

LOVE IT!!! I loved watching that show!! :) Made my day!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Born in Albania ( Europe). Mom is Greek, Dad is Italian. Lived in all 3 countries before moving to US 7 years ago

Speak: Italian, Albanian, Greek and English
  • 4aFitTina
    Options
    Born - Cleveland OH, raised all over Ohio.
  • Petergourri
    Petergourri Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bord and bred in London, UK aside from a short spell living in Cambridge.

English speaker.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    Sulphur, OK
  • clvautour
    clvautour Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was born in O'Leary, Prince Edward Island, Canada and raised in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Born in Titusville, Florida.
    Raised in a tiny little town north of Pittsburgh, PA.
    Jumped ship and now happily reside in NC where I feel very much at "home" :)