Is it ever to late to eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat too late, but only because I tend to get reflux if I lay down too soon after eating. I tend not to eat anything after 7...unless I know I will be up really late, which doesn't happen often.
  • gary40
    Options
    For me eating after Tea time (6-7pm) makes a massive difference on the diet I am currently on, however I find drinking low cal cordial curbs my hunger and does not impact on my weight loss, 31 lbs lost in the last 6 weeks so I must be doing something right.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I work graveyard.................not eating past 6 sooooooooooooooo will not work for me. :smile:
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I work graveyard.................not eating past 6 sooooooooooooooo will not work for me. :smile:

LOL...I remember when I worked from 10 pm- 7am, I used to go home and meet my mom who was watching my kids. I would grab and ice cold beer at 715 and she was :noway: Took her forever to realize it was my evening, even if the sun had just come up!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Nope, I often eat during/after a pub shift not finishing till 2am, if I am hungry I eat!
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Total myth unless it disturbs yor sleep. You can eat anytime before you actually sleep and it will not impact weight loss, all other things being equal.

There is actually some truth to this myth. However, before i go forward, I'll say that I agree with you that the total amount of calories that one eats in a day trumps over everything else.

Now, when one stops eating at 6pm, that person would have entered a fasting stage that would last until the morning just before they have breakfast. Depending on what time you eat breakfast, you would have fasted for about 13 hours which is the minimum amount of time before your body starts to ramp up HGH protein production. HGH stands for Human Growth Hormones and is a naturally occurring protein in your body that is produced by your pituitary gland. It is a special protein because it does two things for your body. It makes you grow and burns fat. First, HGH itself will build both bone and muscle tissue, especially in adolescents. Young children produce the most because it is the protein that helps them grow, which is why it's called a Growth Hormone. Second, HGH will also create another protein called IGF-1 and IGF-1 is used to break down fat to be used as energy because you need a source of fuel in a fasted state. After age 30, your body begins to slow down it's production of HGH proteins but there are two ways to increase HGH production naturally. First is to fast and second is to exercise since both of those will deplete the body of carbs and ramp up HGH protein levels. Men who stop eating after 6pm, or basically fast for 13 hours can see an increase of 2,000 percent and women can see around 1,000 percent increase of HGH proteins.

I got interested in HGH proteins when i saw the news reporting pro athletes such as Lance Armstrong and MLB player Alex Rodriguez using synthetic HGH injections. They use it because it's hard to test for something that your body normally produces.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110403090259.htm
    This recent study also confirmed earlier findings about the effects of fasting on human growth hormone (HGH), a metabolic protein. HGH works to protect lean muscle and metabolic balance, a response triggered and accelerated by fasting. During the 24-hour fasting periods, HGH increased an average of 1,300 percent in women, and nearly 2,000 percent in men.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/athletic-drug-test3.htm
    This link below is more about the effects of using the drug. I don't believe you would have any side effects when increasing HGH naturally.
    =IGF-1, which is also called somatomedin-C, is a naturally occurring protein that helps in the action of HGH. It also stimulates protein synthesis and reduces fat. Excessive IGF-1 would increase muscle and bone mass as HGH does. Side effects include low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and other side effects similar to HGH.

• MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was going to say when you're dead but I was way too late..
    As said, unless you're Gizmo it doesn't matter.
    Your intestines can use up to 36 hours or thereabout to process the food and you've probably eaten since thus having food "in line" for processing; this is a continuous process. Therefore you're not "done" eating for the day just because you don't have any meals after 1900/2000/whenever.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter. Just stay in your calorie allowance. It's 2:30 and I just had a bowl of cereal. Still lost lots of weight just fine!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I often eat between 8-9 as this is when I get in from the gym. No issues.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Total myth unless it disturbs yor sleep. You can eat anytime before you actually sleep and it will not impact weight loss, all other things being equal.

There is actually some truth to this myth. However, before i go forward, I'll say that I agree with you that the total amount of calories that one eats in a day trumps over everything else.

Now, when one stops eating at 6pm, that person would have entered a fasting stage that would last until the morning just before they have breakfast. Depending on what time you eat breakfast, you would have fasted for about 13 hours which is the minimum amount of time before your body starts to ramp up HGH protein production. HGH stands for Human Growth Hormones and is a naturally occurring protein in your body that is produced by your pituitary gland. It is a special protein because it does two things for your body. It makes you grow and burns fat. First, HGH itself will build both bone and muscle tissue, especially in adolescents. Young children produce the most because it is the protein that helps them grow, which is why it's called a Growth Hormone. Second, HGH will also create another protein called IGF-1 and IGF-1 is used to break down fat to be used as energy because you need a source of fuel in a fasted state. After age 30, your body begins to slow down it's production of HGH proteins but there are two ways to increase HGH production naturally. First is to fast and second is to exercise since both of those will deplete the body of carbs and ramp up HGH protein levels. Men who stop eating after 6pm, or basically fast for 13 hours can see an increase of 2,000 percent and women can see around 1,000 percent increase of HGH proteins.

I got interested in HGH proteins when i saw the news reporting pro athletes such as Lance Armstrong and MLB player Alex Rodriguez using synthetic HGH injections. They use it because it's hard to test for something that your body normally produces.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110403090259.htm
    This recent study also confirmed earlier findings about the effects of fasting on human growth hormone (HGH), a metabolic protein. HGH works to protect lean muscle and metabolic balance, a response triggered and accelerated by fasting. During the 24-hour fasting periods, HGH increased an average of 1,300 percent in women, and nearly 2,000 percent in men.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/athletic-drug-test3.htm
    This link below is more about the effects of using the drug. I don't believe you would have any side effects when increasing HGH naturally.
    =IGF-1, which is also called somatomedin-C, is a naturally occurring protein that helps in the action of HGH. It also stimulates protein synthesis and reduces fat. Excessive IGF-1 would increase muscle and bone mass as HGH does. Side effects include low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and other side effects similar to HGH.

Awesome read.

Thanks for posting.