Lipstick & Mascara

Options
RubyWare
RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
Okay girls, and maybe some guys who knows, need some recommendations .....

What mascara and lipstick do you swear by? I'm looking for that perfect lipstick that stays on all day - ya know so steadfast that it can't be removed by a powerwasher. Mascara kind of the same scenario ... with no clumping or smudges if your eyes water. And to add a little MFP heath/fitness topic into the mix … Do the little packets of powdered water flavors for metabolism, energy, etc really work? And finally, does a slow jog burn the same, more or less calories than a fast walk?

I ask these thing because:
A) Hate lipstick on my teeth and having to re-apply
B) Can't seem to find a mascara that I love
C) Loathe bottled water and flavors mixes are the only thing that make them tolerable
D) Jogging, is it worth it - it's definitely more taxing on the joints

Replies

• tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara and Avon Glazewear Shine lip gloss!
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I use L’Oreal Million Lashes mascara and love it. I try others from time to time and always go back to that.

For long-staying lip stuff I use Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain. I like it ‘cause it doesn’t come off onto glasses or my boyfriend. :)
    The color can be a little streaky at first, but if you take care of your lips and use the balm it works well.

I don’t use powdered packets of anything. I try to eat at naturally as possible.

It’s my understanding that the distance you go determines the calories, not how fast you get there. You may burn a little more running than walking but it’s not a tremendous difference. I used to walk awfully fast and only decided to start running when I wanted to intensify my cardio. I would have either had to increase distance or speed, so I chose speed as I couldn’t walk any faster and I wanted to burn more calories in a shorter amount of time.

If you're worried about your joints keep on walking. If you want to burn more calories, just allow yourself a little more time to walk.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am also very picky when it comes to my makeup, but when it comes to my lashes I've kind of been liking Maybelline's One By One Volum Express Mascara. It alongates the lashes pretty well and creates a full-on impact.
    If you do try it tell me what you thought about it :)
    And in my case, I usually do about 20-30 minutes of jogging in place and I usually burn off A LOT of weight. But that can variate from the weight, stature, height and of course the metabolism that you have. But I jog because I'm not a big fan of running per say.
    x
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought any in a while, but I hope Cover Girl is still making the Outlast Lipstains. It's kinda like coloring your lips with a Sharpie marker...LOL...but the color stays for hours and hours and rarely comes off on my coffee cup.

Also loving Maybelline's Falsies Volum' Express mascara.

As for the other two questions, I've got nothing. I'm trying really hard to do plain ol' water. And my knees would absolutely hate me forever if I tried to jog at this point.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I don't do lipstick.. just don't look right with it on...but mascara...OMG I love the Hard Candy (walmart) mascaras....AND they are cruelty free..no animal testing..which is a HUGE PLUS in my book. I use almost all of their make up line and love love it!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I use any Maybelline mascara.. I also like Tigi mascara but.. my lips are dedicated only to Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo.
    This stuff looks like lipstick, but it's awesome and doesn't come off at all! I mean.. it doesn't come off unless you want to take it off.

I have two shades that are perfect for me and I swear by them. Nothing on the teeth, no leave behind on glasses and no sticky yucky feeling. They should pay me to market this stuff I love it so much!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I use Maybelleine Voluminous and Avon Long Lashes, both in black...applying one right after the other.

Lipstick is not my thing. I simply use Neutrogena lip care with SPF 15 to keep my lips moist and protected from the sun.
    Natural lip color is beautiful to me.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I tend to just use lip gloss a majority of the time, but I do buy lipstick from MAC. Also I'm currently using a mascara from Mary Kay and I love it. Doesn't clump and smudges very little at the end of the day when I'm laying down watching TV. Other than that I bought the eye makeup remover from Mary Kay and I love love love it. Eye makeup and mascara come off so fast. Also, I liked the mascara from Tart. You can find it at ULTA. The one in the purple case.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    OK, I used to review make-up for my blog and I wear bold lipstick every day so my two lipstick suggestions are:

1) Maybelline 24 hour lip paint - excellent stuff, just apply a thin layer and put the gloss over. IO've worn this on a heavy night out and its still been perfect the next morning.

2) MAC - anything from their matte collection. Ruby Woo is THE best red lipstick I have ever tried.

with any traditional form lipstick (i.e. not stains / glosses etc) the key to it lasting a long time is application. Make sure you buy a matching lip pencil and line your lips and then colour them in with the pencil. Then, for evening (where you generally want a sharper look) apply the lipstick with a lip brush and really work it into the surface of your lips. DO NOT press lips together to spread the lipstick. Finally, gently blot the lipstick by placing a single ply tissue over the lips and pressing some translucent face powder through.
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Drug store brand would be waterproof falses it is a pink bottle...
    lipstick would have to be any stain/color staying lipstick I can get my hands on.. I am totally addicted.. But make sure you exfoliate your lips to keep them smooth..
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara. I love this, I don't wear make-up a lot but when I do this is what I like.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't often do mascara. I haven't found a brand yet that didn't bother my eyes after a full day wearing it, so I just do black liquid liner, which never bothers my eyes.

For lipstick, I :heart: the two-step long wear types like Covergirl Outlast, Maybelline Superstay, Revlon Colorstay and L'Oreal Infallible.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    for mascara - i'm partial to Lancome Definicils
    (they discontinued my Maybelline sky high curves & i have yet to find ANYTHING that really compares...)

i also picked up one of those "15 different kinds of mascara in sample size" boxes at sephora once (it was on sale & i had a gift card) and it was a GREAT way to try out a ton of products.
    i loved some & hated others.

Tarte makes a clay-based mascara that was great for every-day - and didnt smudge.
    and the Bare Minerals Flawless Definition was also great. super soft and lightweight.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Mascara...
    Definitely notice the store-bought versions only last about a month before my eyes itch.
    So I always buy the mineral versions, like bare minerals for example.
    They last forever, it seems. Pretty much empty the container before tossing it.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Lancome Hypnose Drama for mascara. Has ridiculously amazing reviews from just about everyone who tries it.

As far as lip color.. I don't wear a whole lot (pretty rarely) but I do like the newer Revlon lip stains. I also like Mac lipstick but it really depends on the finish.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I use NYX black glide eyeliner, I LOVE it.
    I use Essence Get BIG Lashes, and I swear it's the best mascara I have ever used. It costs $3.00. YES, $3.00. You can get it at Ulta :) Or maybe online but I can never find it in drug stores or grocery stores.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any such thing as a "stay all day lipstick", but the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains are very good and don't dry out your lips. When first applied, they look like a highly emollient lipstick. The sheen wears off after a few hours but a nice stain is left behind. The colors look the same on your lips as the color of the tube for most of the colors in that line.

I have a few mascaras I like. I have long lashes, but not a ton of them.

-Maybelline One by One is great for day/work. Separates lashes well so I get volume and length.

-Maybelline The Falsies. More dramatic than the One by One, but doesn't separate as well.

-Rimmel ScandalEyes. Gives me the most volume and separates very well. It's got an enormous brush, so if you have small or very deep-set eyes, it may be a difficult brush for you. Rimmel mascaras are also much more of a 'wet' formula than the Maybelline. Take longer to dry and are easier to smudge onto skin when applying. But once you get used to the formula, the results are great!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I got sooo sick of all the sh!tty mascaras out there so I went on a mascara hunt a couple years ago and tried every mascara known to women. I found the BEST mascara is L'oreal - Clean Definition - Telescopic.

There you go.. I just saved you lots of time and money wasted on sh!tty mascara. You're welcome.
  • HeatherDominik
    Options
    Do you have an ULTA near you?! I swear by their (house brand) mascara- either full or lengthening, sometimes both! As for lipstick- I don't wear it... But I think you should try the lip stains that were previously mentioned. =)
    As for the little packets- Crystal LIght makes energy ones that I think do work. They give me that little boost to help me get started or finish out my day.=)
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    For mascara, I use Maybelline Lash Discovery. The brush is tiny, so it's not for everyone, but it really helps get the lashes in the inner and outer corners, making your eyes look bigger - I love it.

Honestly, I've tried a ton of long lasting lipsticks, and I find them to be a bit odd and drying - especially those sharpie marker ones. The best stains I've tried are the ones from benefit - it comes in three colors (berry, pink and coral). The color is buildable, and you can use them on your cheeks too. I usually carry around a c.o bigelo clear mint gloss too in case it gets dry, but I find those more liquidy stains to be the most long lasting without making me look like a clown.

sephora also has their own lipstain which is a pretty good knock off of the benefit berry color. I used it on my wedding day. The stain looks very natural, but gives color to your lips - it won't look like lipstick, but you get some effect.