Lipstick & Mascara

Options

Replies

• CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Mascara Maybelline Great Lash, waterproof mascara (in Brownish Black because my skin tone is Caspar the Friendly Ghost white) This is their classic in the pink tube. Doesn't come off until I take it off with mineral oil at night
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    The best mascara I have EVER used, I found on Sephora and its called something like "yes, theyre real" I LOVE LOVE LOVE it... its not cheap but its so worth its every penny! I also love MAC, MAC anything is the best!
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Maybelline Falsies for Mascara.
  • seashman
    Options
    I've used nothing but Diorshow for the past 6 years or so. I love it. There's a waterproof version that doesn't budge. No clumps, tons of length with a little volume and curl thrown in for good measure and absolutely no clumping if you apply it right. As far as lipsticks go, NARS makes a damn good one. Super pigmented and it does not budge for well over 8 hours, and that's through eating, drinking, everything. Yes they're both along the pricier end of the spectrum, but you get what you pay for.
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to all of you ladies for the lipstick recommendations. I've shied away from them in the past because I didn't want to have to reapply every time I took a drink of water, etc. Lol, lord knows I'm drinking plenty of that these days. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RubyWare
    RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!! Taking notes ........
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Urban Decay - Super curl mascara is my new favorite. It is also super easy to apply. (also cruelty free)

For lips, for longer lasting, I like to combine a matte lipstick and gloss. The mattes always last longer and a quick swipe of a similar color gloss really helps to make the lips look fuller. (Kat von D has good mattes and almost any gloss can work).
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm turning into a MAC lipstick fan as well. It doesn't last all day, but does last a good long while, and the colors are great. Also, if you return 5 empty MAC containers at once, you get a free lipstick, or something like that. Lush has the same sort of offer, so don't toss your empties! :)
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've used Maybelline Great Lash for years. I try different ones but I always go back. I don't use lipstick but am taking notes on all the recommendations :flowerforyou:
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    urban decay big fatty mascara
    nars velvet matte lip pencil
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm turning into a MAC lipstick fan as well. It doesn't last all day, but does last a good long while, and the colors are great. Also, if you return 5 empty MAC containers at once, you get a free lipstick, or something like that. Lush has the same sort of offer, so don't toss your empties! :)
    Lush does too!? I didn't know that! What's the policy...if you know it?
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely jealous of all of you who live near an Ulta or Lush location!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I put on L'Oreal Infallible yesterday, had lunch (pizza), snacks, several beverages, dinner (chicken, potatoes, green beans, rice), kissed my husband... forgot to wash my face, and my lipstick STILL looked good this morning.
  • JMSKCW
    JMSKCW Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think for mascara you just have to test out different brands to find what will work for you. The best way to do that is to shop at places that will let you try the prodcut in the store or have a return policy that allows you return makeup, even if you have already used it. CVS and Sephora are usually the places for this. Personally, I use Hypnose Doll Lashes (I get it at Sephora).

As for lipstick, I think I'm still searching for what I lke. I find that the long lasting lipsticks tend to severely dry out my lips. I usually put lipstick on in the morning (Revlon) and then use a tinted gloss (Fresh Sugar Lip Gloss in Rose from Sephora) throughout the day. I just keep the gloss and/or chapstick on my desk and apply periodically.

As for running vs. walking- I have done both (granted, without a HRM) and it seems that I burn around the same amount of calories whether I run, walk or jog a mile.
  • tniemeyer
    Options
    Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara.

Yup, the only mascara I wear anymore and their lash primer only makes it better!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    I only have two answers...

Mascara - maybelline falsies, waterproof

Walk/Jog - I recently read a health journal publication about this. You burn more at a jog than a walk even if you are going the exact same speed. This is because at a jog you only have one foot on the ground at a time. You're using more energy to propel yourself from each step and it takes more energy to "land" each foot.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

you can order ulta stuff online :)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using Maybelline Great Lash with the little tapered brush. I love it. Doesn't smudge, gives me long full lashes. I only wear lipgloss, can't help you there; but I'd be interested to hear about a long lasting lipstick that isn't drying. I think that's why I prefer gloss; the texture of lipstick is too drying for me.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

you can order ulta stuff online :)

I do but I want the whole 'in store experience' lol. I also don't live near a Mac or Sephora (except in jc penney's) so I have to do everything online.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    http://www.vampyvarnish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Hard-Candy-Flat-To-Fab-Mascara-2.jpg

this is my favorite one from hard candy and can be bought at walmart. this stuff makes my lashes look extra long, full and curled..all in one bottle.