*insert F.U. TOM*

Options

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Totally, totally, TOTALLY agree. Which is why I NEVER weigh myself for the week and a half or so around TOM. Why give him the benefit of messing with my mojo? What has he ever done for me? -- Well, I guess there are a lot of good arguments for the benefits of regular menses, but, frankly, I don't give a *kitten* about those.

I hate TOM. He is, quite simply, an *kitten*. (I just learned that MFP doesn't censor that word and I'm using it for all its worth.) While I may have no power over the cravings and the lethargy and the cramps and the b*tchiness, I WILL deny him the satisfaction of making me look at those extra pounds he throws at me every month.

Screw you, TOM. I got this one. :bigsmile:
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I always crave EVERYTHING possible the entire week before, and it's hard to say no...no matter how much water I drink!! The scale goes in the closet for about a week and a half because of this. ;)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Same heeeere. Hopefully the TOM weight will drop back down soon so it won't eff up my progress. I won't weigh myself again until it's all over, which kills the OCD part of me that must weigh myself every day. *siiiiiigh*
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I am glad most of you got the lightheartedness of this thread. I am glad to know I'm not the only one who wants to go postal on the scale (get it ..postal scale) Ok..it was lame ;)

LOL ok so another question...how many of you get like Linda Blair in the exorcist that TOM? I will seriously turn my head all the way around and spit green pea soup if somebody near me breathes wrong.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You are heavier when you retain water. Why are you so upset by this? Good grief, if you're that dependent on the damn scale just stay off of it.

The scale is telling you the FACT of how much you weigh. If you don't like the facts then why are you getting on a device whose only purpose is to give you that fact?

Obviously someone is grouchy because it's her TOM. :laugh:
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am consistently 6 pounds heavier at that time. But I know that, so I ignore it :tongue: As soon as it's over with, right back down by 6 pounds.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am glad most of you got the lightheartedness of this thread. I am glad to know I'm not the only one who wants to go postal on the scale (get it ..postal scale) Ok..it was lame ;)

LOL ok so another question...how many of you get like Linda Blair in the exorcist that TOM? I will seriously turn my head all the way around and spit green pea soup if somebody near me breathes wrong.

Oh, Linda Blair has nothing on me, sister. That pea soup stuff is CHILD'S PLAY. I will cut you to the BONE if you mess with me. Don't care if I normally love you more than life itself. If it's TOM and you're in my way, I will crush you. Nothing personal.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You are heavier when you retain water. Why are you so upset by this? Good grief, if you're that dependent on the damn scale just stay off of it.

The scale is telling you the FACT of how much you weigh. If you don't like the facts then why are you getting on a device whose only purpose is to give you that fact?

Obviously someone is grouchy because it's her TOM. :laugh:

Such a cliche joke...and I still pretty much died laughing. :laugh:
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Talk about fighting with a feather, drop one from a height and see what I mean.!

TOM, did I gain weight - yes, does that mean I went on the scale - yes, did I have cake - yes. Ah well!!!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ugh. i am on my TOM now - which seems like its been going on FOREVER. it HAS been over a week though...and my weight loss has stalled and gone up ...i weigh myself during it, even though I know i probably shouldn't. but i also know (well, HOPE!) that the scale will drop once it finishes (when? when is it going to finish ffs! lol).... seriously... its bad enough we have to go through it anyway with all the stuff that goes along with it but why play with out WEIGHT as well?!! grrr *shakes fist*.

hey at least we're not alone here! (except the men in our lives with never, EVER understand! :D)
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    TOM I can handle...it's the Hungry Horrors that I get the week BEFORE! Bad enough to be moody, but add craving alternating salt and sugar and being tired? How is that fair? It's amazing, I can always tell the day TOM is going to start because I finally wake up feeling like i don't need to eat everything not nailed down in my kitchen that morning. :P

I am exactly like this!!

Ohh and I only weigh once a month. So don't know if I fluctuate or not during this time.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My weight went up 7.5 lbs but today im down 5.25lbs so there is a silver lining. I know the other two lbs will come off soon. Just so annoying to be really working hard on diet and exercise and nothing you can do to prevent period weight. Blows a whole week of effort. Men are so lucky.
  • altacosturabeth
    altacosturabeth Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well I'm thankful I don't gain any weight during my week of the month! However I do still get this rather unattractive little tummy though which is quite annoying -.-
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I was at 200 lbs right before my TOM. I was so pi$$ed. But now my TOM is passing and I've officially entered One-derland for the first time in about 3 years.

SO, there! F.U. TOM. :bigsmile:
  • LupaNera
    Options
    It is normal to retain water, and at the end of TOM the water should be eliminated. I just don't weight in this period. Ah and everyone getting near me should be aware that I might bite :D
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Look at it in a positive light... the couple of pounds of water weight that you'll lose in a few days means you won't be gaining much more than that in baby weight.

It also gives you a valid excuse to beat annoying *kitten*... as long as the object you use is no wider than your thumb. I'm pretty sure that is the law.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I literally just went through the same thing this morning. 3 pounds and everything :laugh:

I usually go Linda Blair crazy, but this month I'm super weepy instead. Every little thing makes me want to cry >.<
  • davidjohnb17
    davidjohnb17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love how tanks and missiles and guns have killed millions of people but scales will always be the most hated piece of machinery to most people :P
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Wait till you hit menopause....it's worse and the scale is a f***ing rat *kitten* ALL the time.....

Please don't say that! I'm wishing for TOM's early death. It gets worse? :frown:
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    Oh yeah! I was at 200 lbs right before my TOM. I was so pi$$ed. But now my TOM is passing and I've officially entered One-derland for the first time in about 3 years.

SO, there! F.U. TOM. :bigsmile:

well done