*insert F.U. TOM*

Options

Replies

• LupaNera
    Options
    Ook... I'officially sinergie 3 data befferà TOM and i worldwide like let's see.... Eating one big nutella thing... Kill somebody... Eat the entire almonds pack... Kill somebody... And eat more. I'm just now a refugee in my room trying to read the forum. Charge batteries.. Do whatever ...
  • spaz4me2
    spaz4me2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I fired that b*tch that I called "scale" today...all she ever does it piss on my parade. I am currently entering PMS and will soon after receive her demon spawn TOM. My weight is up...again. I'm ravenous...again. I'm ticked off....again! I have a goal to lose my last 13 by the end of the year, and because she isn't nice and sucks my joy, I fired her and will not re-hire her until January 4, 2013....so there!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ...and wtf.... So I am on Day 3 of TOM.... 4 days ago my jeans fit nicely ... thank you bloating! and now they are too loose YAY..... I know just before next TOM they will fit again..... so now I have to have 2 bloody sizes!
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    LMAO. Try being me. I'm on Depo Provera and have been spotting for at least 2 months. I've talked to the doctor and while they say it is common and to ride it out, there's not much I can do right now as I just got my shot last month (which they thought would make the spotting go away).

So...how did I lose 4lbs in the last 2 weeks? I did a normal diet and exercise with a little more exercise and a lot more water to combat what my body is losing in blood and other bodily fluids.

Just do the best you can and hope for the best....I'd like to kill my scale some days too!
  • optigal
    optigal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wait till you hit menopause....it's worse and the scale is a f***ing rat *kitten* ALL the time.....

AMEN to that!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    LOL I am so glad to hear there are other "linda blairs" on here. ROFLMFAO -- oh the old man opened his yap and stupid just rolled out today..and if looks could have killed the one I shot him would have landed me in maximum security! And this is only like a week and a half BEFORE D-DaY!
    I'm bloated, pissy, mean, have way less tolerance for stupid , ..etc. Once the actual day rolls around I'll calm down just a little bit..but that scale...oh I still have that scale on my list of inanimate objects to kill
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    For me, the worst about TOM is feeling it's a damn setback to all the hard work I've done and I have to start over at the bottom of the hill like Sisyphus, rolling the boulder back to the top again.

I never track when TOM is supposed to happen, so I can't plan to stop weighing myself at a certain point until it hits--and by that point, I'm fretting about a minuscule amount of weight gain (at times though, it's monumental). Pair the disappointment in seeing the scale go up with the fact that I don't want to exercise or do ANYTHING but sit on the couch and drink tea wrapped in a blanket and eat salty comfort food and it's a self-fulfilling prophetic failure.

It's a set-back that creates a bigger set-back....mad props to those women who can still push through and exercise. I don't even feel like going for a walk, much less anything else.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    For me, the worst about TOM is feeling it's a damn setback to all the hard work I've done and I have to start over at the bottom of the hill like Sisyphus, rolling the boulder back to the top again.

I never track when TOM is supposed to happen, so I can't plan to stop weighing myself at a certain point until it hits--and by that point, I'm fretting about a minuscule amount of weight gain (at times though, it's monumental). Pair the disappointment in seeing the scale go up with the fact that I don't want to exercise or do ANYTHING but sit on the couch and drink tea wrapped in a blanket and eat salty comfort food and it's a self-fulfilling prophetic failure.

It's a set-back that creates a bigger set-back....mad props to those women who can still push through and exercise. I don't even feel like going for a walk, much less anything else.

Well, props to you for knowing who Sisyphus was (mythologically speaking) and for using the word "prophetic" properly. Even if TOM defeats you, you can still slay most of North America where a well-rounded liberal arts knowledge base is concerned. Hey, that *kitten* matters to some of us! Power on, Sister.
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I fired that b*tch that I called "scale" today...all she ever does it piss on my parade. I am currently entering PMS and will soon after receive her demon spawn TOM. My weight is up...again. I'm ravenous...again. I'm ticked off....again! I have a goal to lose my last 13 by the end of the year, and because she isn't nice and sucks my joy, I fired her and will not re-hire her until January 4, 2013....so there!

LMFAO -- That was a fun read. You my dear have a way with words!! I loved it!!!
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you for giving me a great laugh this morning. This was hilarious as I too have jumped back on that scale hoping maybe for a different result. Picturing this in my mind was a great way to start the day. Thanks again for sharing your humor.
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    ok seriously ...??? The cramping, the bloating ...all there and I'm not due to start for another week. I'm getting livid. 2 weeks ago when I weighed I was going to hit 150 any day I just knew it...and then...now?? 155?? ?are you kidding me??? If I'm like this the week before what the hell is gonna happen when it's the week of? Before I started MFP I only weighed myself like once a month because well face it at that time I really didn't care. Now, NOW I CARE!!! and I'm getting mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmad!
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    I feel ya, I have a constant TOM....it lasts about 15 days, then I get a break for 10 days, then it starts again. My doc finally did an endometrial ablation 2 wks ago...a side effect is a 2wk long period. So far haven't been able to tell if the surgery even worked. Stupid TOM.
  • lyblood1
    lyblood1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am totally feeling your pain on this right now. I am up 1 lb which isn't too bad but still. I just take heart in the fact that it will go away in a few days. That being said, I think there should be a collective pay pal account for all of us for either bail money or replacement scales after we get done assaulting our loved ones or throwing our scales out of the window. F.U. TOM.
  • bowseramanda
    bowseramanda Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well, can't really weigh in on this topic. . . (LOL, get it? "weigh in", Ha, I kill me) Anyway, I'll just tell you what I usually just tell my wife, "There, there, it will be OK".
    and that works for you?.... for now? wow! it would be R.I.P for you at my house lol. thankfully my surgeon spared my hubby with having to deal with that any longer :0
  • bowseramanda
    bowseramanda Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'd like to tell you it gets better but I had a total hysterectomy in Feb. and the new demon in my life goes by the name of Menopause. New name, new set of problems. we all have our demons, right. ahhhh. lol
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    FU TOM, for making sure I can't have sex because "it's tooo messy"

We have a shower. It works great. We also have towels... and besides... we both know an orgasm is good for the cramps.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    TOM I can handle...it's the Hungry Horrors that I get the week BEFORE! Bad enough to be moody, but add craving alternating salt and sugar and being tired? How is that fair? It's amazing, I can always tell the day TOM is going to start because I finally wake up feeling like i don't need to eat everything not nailed down in my kitchen that morning. :P

MEE TOOO!! I'm going the the Hungry Horrors right now. I feel like I can eat anything I can get my hands on. I'm just starving. Grrr.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love this, it could have been written by me! I have my daily chocolate fix, even if only 1 small chocolate and I continue to exercise through TOM, sometimes holding my sensitive boobs if they hurt while jogging or just modify what I do. Yesterday, I ate great and exercised more than usual, only to be rewarded with a 1 pound gain....I am sure there is more to come in the next 3-4 days before I finally lose it a week later. So, in reality, I only lose actual weight for 2 weeks every month. There is just something so unfair as to gain 2-3 pounds every TOM, get pimples and have grey hair all while in my 40's.....So call me, I will definitely bail you out!
    I am not here to whine about needing chocolate...I need chocolate every day who would I be kidding. I am not here to whine about not wanting to exercise during that time...cuz I'll do my walking anyhow...I will swear a lot more doing it..but I will do it. What I am here to bi(cross)ch about is the scale during that time. WHY? Why is it against me? Like surfing the crimson tide isn't enough but then a piece of equipment has to taunt me? Seriously? I was down 3 more lbs and now I'm back up those 3?? WTF? And I move the scale around the floor hoping just one spot will show me compassion. NOPE! I rebel and go get my weights out..put them on that rat b@st@rd scale and oh so the weights still weigh 6 lbs do they? Hop back on in a frenzy hoping for a previous error.! WHAT?

Ok I'm done. I just want to state for the record that I may go to jail for killing my scale. Who can I call for bail money?
  • SaraSapp
    SaraSapp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Omg, I'm dying here! Thank you for the laugh!
  • Jerry1001
    Jerry1001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Man I'm glad my name's not Tom :happy: