Maybe This Site Isn't For Me??

Options
Im really struggling today. I want to see results of my hard work, I NEED to know that what I am doing is working rather than just frustrating me beyond belief.
Im trying really hard to do it all the right way and do it slowly and all that jazz but it's upsetting to not see it pay off and Im wondering if being here is making it worse because in my eyes, Im sticking within my calories and doing my exercising and all I get out of it is Nothing.
I had my husband measure me again today and I have been at this now for 2 weeks and have only lost 1 inch in my waist. I don't know if this is normal or abnormal or what. I just know im having one of "those days" I guess.
I just keep reading and reading and obsessing over this site that I think I have become so confused by how many calories, eat them all or don't and so on.
I really wanted this change to be a positive one but it feels like it's only bringing me down.
HELP, I need some words of encouragement!!

Replies

• ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'd say put the scales away for another two weeks and stick at it
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I had my husband measure me again today and I have been at this now for 2 weeks and have only lost 1 inch in my waist. I don't know if this is normal or abnormal or what.

This is pretty darn good for 2 weeks. If you are expecting more than that, I think your expectations are a bit unrealistic. Everyone wants to drop the weight NOW but this is going to take time. Looks to me like whatever you are doing IS working. Keep it up.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'd say 1 inch in 2 weeks is pretty great! Stick with it. You might not see a change on the scale right away, but keep going!

If you'd like, add me on here so I can check out your food diary and I'll give you my honest opinion about what you're eating?
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I agree I use to weigh myself every day in the morning and when I went to bed, and sometimes in between. Don't beat yourself up as long as you stick to this you can do it. Just don't throw in the towel.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    an inch is fat loss! that is great, dont focus on the numbers of the scale! It is a slow process, a tough one too, hang in there.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    1 inch is friggen awesome. Don't give up. Anything worth doing is worth the hard work that goes into it.
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Its only been two weeks. change takes time. you will get there
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I had my husband measure me again today and I have been at this now for 2 weeks and have only lost 1 inch in my waist. I don't know if this is normal or abnormal or what.

This is pretty darn good for 2 weeks. If you are expecting more than that, I think your expectations are a bit unrealistic. Everyone wants to drop the weight NOW but this is going to take time. Looks to me like whatever you are doing IS working. Keep it up.

This :)
  • CressidaJL
    CressidaJL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1 inch in a 2 weeks is awesome, well done!! :)

I'm having the same thing. I'd not taken ANY measurements at all, it was all weight. I started the 1,200 calories thing MONTHS ago, around May/June time, and haven't lost a thing. I've been exercising (Zumba) once a week for a 6 weeks, and then started Zumba and kettlebells exercises daily a fortnight ago. I've put on 4lbs since I started this whole thing.

So, today I started measurements, because frankly I'm a hair's breadth from just giving up & hitting the cake.

But, I won't. Because even if the results aren't as dramatic as I want, I *feel* better about myself. Which, yanno, is at least half the battle, surely?

Keep at it, and don't down-play your results. An inch off is ace. :D

Cx
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I had my husband measure me again today and I have been at this now for 2 weeks and have only lost 1 inch in my waist.

ONLY one inch in two weeks?! ONLY!? :noway:

I think you need to reset your expectations. Set some goals that have nothing to do with the scale or measurements. For me, that was training to be able to run a 5k. Each week, whether there was any changes in my body, I was able to run further than the week before. I knew I was getting healthier and stronger and doing good things for my body.

Taking photos can be great motivation, too, but don't expect to see noticeable changes in just two weeks. Maybe after a month or two, but expecting changes that quickly is like expecting to be able to see the grass growing in the yard. It doesn't happen that way. It'll look the same, look the same, look the same, look the same, then as soon as you're a little distracted... BOOM. It's time to mow the lawn.
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wow you lost 1 inch on your waist in 2 weeks....that is awesome! Sometimes it takes a while for the scale to show any results, try not to get too discouraged. We all have those moments...its all a part of this weight loss journey!! Hang in there and soon you will begin to see the results you are looking for!!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I think you may have your expectations set too high. 1 inch in 2 weeks is very good
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! NEVER give up! Losing weight take a LOT of patience. Believe me, you will soon see the results of your hard work! :flowerforyou:
    P.S. 1 inch in 2wks is pretty darn awesome. Congrats!
  • Lmullaney79
    Lmullaney79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    go see a dietician... they can help you identify what you should change. I was doing everything right but eating too many carbs for my body type...
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I agree, an inch is still progress! Keep at it and the results will keep coming!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Make you food diary public and people may be able to give you better advice.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Two things:

A) 1 inch is a big loss! Congrats for that!!!

B) If you're getting confused about calories, try this:

Find out your BMR, then multiply it by 1.2 (I assume you're not particularly active?) Subtract that by 15%, 20%, or 500 calories. Different people would recommend different things. I recommend a straight-up 500 calories to lose 1 lb/week. Eat that number of calories, do not count your exercise calories, they are already accounted for.

To figure out your macro, multiply your weight by 0.82. That is how many grams of protein you should try to eat every day. Make your carbohydrates and fat balanced. If you have to, eat more carbs than fat.

C) There are medical reasons why you may not be losing weight. Thyroid issues are common in women. Food intolerances can have a huge effect on how you look/feel, and can cause you to hold onto weight.

D) Try to keep your sodium intake around 1500mg/day, and potassium around 4700mg/day. You'll need to eat a LOT of veggies and lean meats to achieve this. Anything that comes in a ox will probably have a lot of sodium and next to no potassium.

E) Speaking of veggies, try to eat at least one fruit or veggie of each colour every day, or every other day. Each colour has different micro-nutrients in it. The more variety, the better.

F) Only focus on trying to change one thing at a time. Don't do all of the above at the same time. This is a lifetime commitment you're trying to do. It doesn't matter whether or not you change overnight. What matters is you've held onto the changes in years from now. Try to develop each thing into a habit. You'll get there, one small step at a time. :)

Ok, so that was more than two things. Message me if you have questions or want more details. My brain is pretty much fried right now, so I only scratched the surface.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    It takes time! Focus on eating healthily and make sure you're logging correctly. You'll get there, just don't give up.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    1 inch in that time is GREAT...I ditto..put the scale away .. I have to. I go by how my clothes are fitting. It took me a good month of being at this steady to even begin to notice a change in how my clothes fit...but now I can tell it more and more.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i think me and you need to have a good old fashioned burn the scales parties I currently hate that ***** lol