To the creators of myfitnesspal

Options
124»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    What a thoughtful post to think of thanking the MFP creators!

And I agree...this is a TERRIFIC site. It helped me lose 45 pounds and reach my goal weight.

I would be thrilled to see a daily ticker of pounds lost over the last day/week/month/whatever. As someone in maintenance, I wouldn't feel excluded at all.

I've gained so much knowledge over the last year and benefited tremendously from the wisdom and advice from other MFPers. I still log in daily because I want to cheer my friends on as they reach their health and fitness goals.

MFP is a great community!
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Thank you. I'm only 20 days in and after year's of stubbornness and misconceptions about dieting I am 9 lbs. into my journey.

I find the people on here inspirational and a true testament to the society we live in both in the United States where I live and abroad.

I would like to know, since I'm a numbers guy, how many lbs. per day are lost on average for people on this site? I think it would be beneficial for those like me to know maybe on your main page, "15,000,000 lbs. lost in the past 24 hours" or something like that. In a society where our children aren't playing outside as much and the obesity rate is at such an all-time high, I can't imagine many gifts that are better than the one you are giving each day.

I'm sorry, I'm a guy, but I'm a pretty emotional guy and your site has been a blessing to me. I realize I'm doing the work, but you are supplying the platform and the support network. Thank you.

You've got nothing to be sorry about dude. Its people like you that are truly inspirational and what makes MFP the best health & fitness tool around. Add me if you like as I would sure like to see how you progress through your journey. All the very best.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    I agree. I recommend this site to everyone. And it's free! That :flowerforyou: makes it even better!

Exactly right! Theres absolutely no excuse to not achieve your optimum health & fitness!
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. I am so thankful for this site and the wonderful supportive friends who are on this journey with me. I think I'd be floundering more than ever without their help and MFP. It is such a blessing for me.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I love MFP and the friends I've made here. I've brought a few people to MFP from other places.
  • billcastro123
    billcastro123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    MFP has changed my life! I have been logging on every day since Jan 2012, even on those days that logging wouldn't make sense (especially vacations). Remember to make it and keep it fun. It's a life project, not a science project. Good luck on your journey. God Bless!
  • desirae1976
    desirae1976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more! Discovering this site has definitely been a game changer for me. Thanks for posting!
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later and compose my own love letter to MFP...
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Completely agree! Nothing worked for me until this site! But then you also have to be ready and not just ready like to lose weight but emotionally etc. ready but when you are man this site is the key (I think anyways).

I am in the midst of a separation. My friend mentioned it to me and I found out shortly after that I know 2 people who have each lost 80 lbs. So I had to find out what it was all about. So for me, the "emotional readiness" comes from the fact that I am living alone independently for the first time in my life at 38 years old. I got scared and my fight or flight decided to fight. And here I am.

awwww... good job!!! hard to take 'control' of 'you' when your life is seeming out of control!!! glad you are on here.. and acting NOW to the unwanted wt and getting healthy!!.. ive tried at randmom here and there for 3yrs since MY divorce.. but now i am really motivated and loving mfp.. and have more desire then ever to reach my goal!!! shed this fat married wt
  • Hollie_R
    Hollie_R Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm only 20 days in and after year's of stubbornness and misconceptions about dieting I am 9 lbs. into my journey.

I find the people on here inspirational and a true testament to the society we live in both in the United States where I live and abroad.

I would like to know, since I'm a numbers guy, how many lbs. per day are lost on average for people on this site? I think it would be beneficial for those like me to know maybe on your main page, "15,000,000 lbs. lost in the past 24 hours" or something like that. In a society where our children aren't playing outside as much and the obesity rate is at such an all-time high, I can't imagine many gifts that are better than the one you are giving each day.

I'm sorry, I'm a guy, but I'm a pretty emotional guy and your site has been a blessing to me. I realize I'm doing the work, but you are supplying the platform and the support network. Thank you.

You've got nothing to be sorry about dude. Its people like you that are truly inspirational and what makes MFP the best health & fitness tool around. Add me if you like as I would sure like to see how you progress through your journey. All the very best.

I agree with Eric here, you have nothing to be sorry about!
    We're all in this together :happy:
    Well done on your journey so far, I'm sure that you will only continue to be cloaked in success!
  • rosecando
    rosecando Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree, and big thanks from Down Under New Zealand.:bigsmile:
  • nyjocool
    nyjocool Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this site! I read the success stories board every day for encouragement. In about a month I lost almost 16 pounds.

This is a great resource for people looking for a FREE, healthy approach to losing weight and keeping it off. No need to spend hundreds or thousands on exercise...sign up and log on every day...it works!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm so in love with this site ! It's changed my life and it's FREE.

^^THIS!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!