Snarky remark I just overheard about my lunch...

Options
taylor5877
taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
"I love when people get salads and just assume it's healthy because it is a salad".

sigh...I know exactly what's in it because I've asked the kitchen before...

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    lol, know-it-alls
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    "I love it when people think I actually give a damn about their opinions and lack of manners."
  • Brengild
    Options
    I love those who make remarks about my lunch! As they eat a bag of chips, 20 oz soda, something greasy out of the warmer, and top it off with a candy bar(usually king size!).
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I get judged more now than I ever have been these days...which is why I usually prefer to make my lunch at times when most are not in the office kitchen, but oh well!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Or better yet, "Presumptuous AND rude, that's a winning combination."
  • hpfan1130
    hpfan1130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lol, people are so judgmental! seriously, worry about your own lunch, people!
  • taylor5877
    Options
    I have a no BS way of healthy eating (save my daily ice cream sandwich) and I can eat like a cross between a vegan and someone on Atkins (lean meat and healthy fats though). I get some weird looks from servers for how I order lots of meals.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My reply is usually along the lines of "I love it when people order a triple burger with cheese and upsize the fries and think that the diet coke is going to cancel it all out"
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Or better yet, "Presumptuous AND rude, that's a winning combination."

A+
  • TexanThom
    Options
    I have a no BS way of healthy eating (save my daily ice cream sandwich) and I can eat like a cross between a vegan and someone on Atkins (lean meat and healthy fats though). I get some weird looks from servers for how I order lots of meals.

This is like saying "Almost exactly alike". (Save my daily ice cream) means you do not eat healthy...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I love it when people have nothing better to do than comment about my pile of vegetable sustenance.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    "I love it when people think I actually give a damn about their opinions and lack of manners."
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    "I love when people get salads and just assume it's healthy because it is a salad".

I would have turned around and said "I love it when people make stupid generalizations about the actions of others and assume that makes them seem intelligent. Enjoy your lunch!"
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

I would have responded with "I love how people make judgments about things they know nothing about and are none of their business."
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Some people are dilholes.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options

This!
  • taylor5877
    Options

This is like saying "Almost exactly alike". (Save my daily ice cream) means you do not eat healthy...

150/2800
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My reply is usually along the lines of "I love it when people order a triple burger with cheese and upsize the fries and think that the diet coke is going to cancel it all out"

This. It makes my brain hurt.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

Wait a minute...the Diet Coke DOESN'T cancel it out??? :noway: :sad:
  • SLewis74
    SLewis74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I absolutely agree.