Snarky remark I just overheard about my lunch...

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My reply is usually along the lines of "I love it when people order a triple burger with cheese and upsize the fries and think that the diet coke is going to cancel it all out"

Hey now! Some of us actually just prefer the taste of diet!

:)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    give me a butter knife (to cut the tops) and a pound or two of strawberries, and I'm in hog heaven...
  • nmterp
    Options
    Or better yet, "Presumptuous AND rude, that's a winning combination."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fat_n_Happy
    Fat_n_Happy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My reply is usually along the lines of "I love it when people order a triple burger with cheese and upsize the fries and think that the diet coke is going to cancel it all out"

Wait a minute...the Diet Coke DOESN'T cancel it out??? :noway: :sad:

Actually, it's a triple burger with cheese and bacon. And they do cancel each other out. That person above doesn't know what they are talking about.
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    LOL I get that from my friends when we go out. They will roll their eyes or wrinkle their nose when I get grilled salmon and veggies. I don't do that when they order cheese fries or nachos.
  • Mollie007
    Options
    I have a no BS way of healthy eating (save my daily ice cream sandwich) and I can eat like a cross between a vegan and someone on Atkins (lean meat and healthy fats though). I get some weird looks from servers for how I order lots of meals.

This is like saying "Almost exactly alike". (Save my daily ice cream) means you do not eat healthy...

150/2800

:drinker:

what does 150/2800 mean??
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    "I love when people get salads and just assume it's healthy because it is a salad".

sigh...I know exactly what's in it because I've asked the kitchen before...

I rather use up calories on a salad any day over alot of other foods out there. People who make that comment are clueless and just looking for an excuse to have their hamburger, that's what I think.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Some people just need a high five in the face with a chair. :wink:

(yeah, I stole that.....what's your point?) :laugh:
  • taylor5877
    Options
    what does 150/2800 mean??

percentage of my calories daily (on average over the last 30 on my reports) that come from the ice cream sandwich i was referring.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Since I have started losing weight, this happens to me all of the time now. People are constantly asking me how are you losing so much weight when you eat that (meaning my peanut butter or two pieces of grilled boneless skinless chicken!
    Excuse me but I am doing quite fine for myself so butt out! The end....lol...

Gotta love people!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    "I love it when people think I actually give a damn about their opinions and lack of manners."

^^ that one.

Seriously though, who cares. It's probably better than the slop they're eating. LOL
  • miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Being vegetarian AND a post-gastric bypass patient, you should see some of the looks I get!!!!!!
    I am intolerant to all meats, dairy, eggs, most fruits, lettuce (sadly!), bread, pasta, rice, most forms of white potatoes...........

I've had family, friends waiters and waitresses, strangers roll their eyes, drop their mouthes, give me looks of digust.

I've learned to say, "Does my 75lb weight loss and eating and healthy ways to better myself bother you?????"

AND SMILE! Because that is ALL you can do!!!!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Haaa, I would have started talking to myself and would just spout out the nutrition facts of my salad, compared to something else you could have ordered...:wink:
  • taylor5877
    Options
    :laugh: Haaa, I would have started talking to myself and would just spout out the nutrition facts of my salad, compared to something else you could have ordered...:wink:

I was doing the loseresque eating alone...so that might have gotten weird...guess i could have faked a phone call.
  • krim12
    krim12 Posts: 102
    Options
    Have people forgotten the one thing that most people were told when growing up? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. And truthfully, what difference does it make to them if you eat a salad or not, healthy or not healthy. What difference would it make to them if you ate the most unhealthiest meal you could think of. They don't have to lose your weight you do. Sheessh. People should just stick to their own lunch and leave yours alone lol. Sorry for the rant but some people need to mind their own business. :wink:

I thought it was if you have nothing nice to say, mumble
  • MsMargie1116
    Options
    I guess I'm blessed to work in a place where they encourage you when you eat healthy... 9 times out of 10, I'm eating something healthy and no one thinks anything about it. :smile:
  • MsMargie1116
    Options

I was doing the loseresque eating alone...so that might have gotten weird...guess i could have faked a phone call.

Oh, I'd say it where they would KNOW I was directing it at them... :wink: Of course, if they think you're wierd, they'll leave you alone, too... they'd be afraid of you... :wink:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    a**holes. F** them.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    This **** kills me... Yesterday I had a salad , an order of green beans, soup and an apple. My entire lunch was under 500 cals. As I'm walking through the hall one of my bosses looks at my tray and was like WOOOHOOO thats alot of food guess your not trying to lose weight anymore... MFer I know what I'm doing I've already losy almost 30 pounds. But of course I couldn't say that cause I need my paycheck
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Some people are dilholes.

This