5ft 7 ladies post your results here please!!

Options
Would love to see people's before and after pics !!!

* PLEASE TAKE OUT THE PICTURE LINK WHEN QUOTING PEOPLE *

That way the thread will last longer and won't get bulked up with repeats of everyone's pics :)

In need of a bit of motivation! I'm 19, from the UK and have about 20-30lb to lose (I weigh 164-167lb, I want to weigh 135-140lb)

So please post your amazing success photos on here :) It would be great if you could also post a line about what you did and how long it took ie. 'lost x by working out x times a week, ate x calories, took x months'

(ps. 5ft 6 and 5ft 8 girls are also welcome!)

Replies

• phiddy23
    Options
    pps. if you want to post more than one line that's fine haha.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" too. So far I've only lost 6lbs since the begining of August on MFP. I also work out at a class three mornings per week it's using mostly your own body weight and it's tough!! I'm trying to incorporate some running on the other days of the week, but I rarely get even close to a total of 3 days a week yet.

I started at 195 (before MFP) and now I'm 185. My goal is 140lbs too! I'll be interested to hear others successes, and i could use some encouragement and hope myself at this point!!

Seems to take so long!!
  • andreajp
    andreajp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" too. And my goal is 140 :-) Must be the magic number.

I started mid-July and I've lost about 25 pounds. I'm aiming for 1290 cals. a day (according to my resting metabolism and all that...) plus I try to walk at least five days a week. I still have 60 lbs. to go but this is the first time in a LONG time that I feel like I am actually going to get there.

I didn't take any before pictures. I think I'll take some now so at least I can see the progress going forward.

Good luck and good work everyone!
  • Bighiker2
    Options
    Man, you ladies out there are tall! I'm just 5 ft 2... I thought wholeheartedly I was at least 5'3", but when I last took my son to his pediatrician I asked if they could measure my height... and found out the truth!! LOL

Keep up the good work everyone, tall or.. fun size! =)
  • phiddy23
    Options
    Bump. Can't wait to see these pics ! Thanks for the replies so far.
  • ksaltsman04
    ksaltsman04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2" and I am also trying to get to 140. I'm currently at 152 (started at 175). But these last 12 pounds just do not want to come off! I'd welcome any advice for plateau busting!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    the first pic I was about 170, then the second I was 150 I think, the second was taken about 1 1/2 months ago, I sorta fell off the workout wagon for a bit, Im back now and am going to take new pics next week hopefully, I am 147 curently
    weightloss2.jpg
    ETA, if I do take new pics ill post them because im working out every day, 30 - 60 minutes a day, and I have lost 2in in my thieghs and 1 in in my hips since the last one, but none in my waist yet :(
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. 28 years old. I had a baby in July.

I'm currently 161 trying to get to 135. My face and body were so incredibly puffy after I had Flynn that I just didn't want any photos taken of me. I think I'll be holding off on that until I get to 135 then it'd be something to look at! haha.

I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred everyday. It's quick and it works!

If anyone wants to friend me, we can support each other!
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    4eaff921.jpg
    f28ba703.jpg

5'7" both are durings. i never took a true before picture but i started at about 255 and didn't take the first pictures until 240.

i never had a specific regime. started about a year ago and just eat under the recommended cals and tried to work out when i could. i do turbo jam on occasion but mostly just walk and swim. i didn't want to make major changes to my lifestyle because i knew i would be more likely to give up.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6". I started MFP at 163 lbs on 05/01/2012. I had lost 3 pounds prior to joining so my max weight was 166.

I am now at 142. My measurements are 36" bust, 27" waist, and 36" hips now. I did not take any measurements or pictures at the start. To be quite honest, I was not expecting to be successful!!!!

My goal weight is 135. However, I have been stuck at 141 - 142 for about three weeks. I easily wear a size 8 and some of the size 8's are too big so I may be a size 6. I am still hoping to lose 6 more pounds to get to 135 but really the only place to lose would be my thighs. The scale is not moving right now but I have noticed that my thighs are getting smaller.

I exercise daily by doing 1 or 2 of the following daily: 1) playing racquetball; 2 walking on a treadmill with an incline 3) using a Nordic Track ski machine for 30 - 40 minutes; 4) biking outside on a local trail; 5) high intensity interval training for 20 minutes max 2 times/ week.

I was exercising prior to the weight loss. The big deal for me was logging my food. I had no idea until I started logging how many calories I was consuming daily. I am now eating much cleaner but am far from perfect. I have found that during the weight loss, I have not been terribly hungry. Also, the more exercise that I do during the day, the less hunger I seem to have. I do not understand why, but that is one piece that surprises me. I break my exercise into two sessions during the day: 1) morning; 2) evening vs. one session. That may be part of the reason.

Good luck to everyone. If I can do it, anyone can.
  • phiddy23
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, have read all of them, really inspiring :)
  • MagonElizabeth
    Options
    I'm also 5ft 7...and my goal weight is also 135-140! It really is the magic number. :smile:
    I have been around 180-190 for the last several years but after going to the doctor's office and hearing that I was 206, I almost fainted!! I never thought I would be in the 200s. It really scared me and I got serious about weight loss and living a healthier life! It has been 2 weeks and I have lost 6.6lbs. I still have about 55-60 lbs to go! I will definitely be adding all of you since we seem to have the same goals! :flowerforyou:
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    5ft 7 here, goal 140 as well! Go, us!!

:smile:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ad that my goal is 135
  • silviamv
    Options
    Another 5'7" lady here :)
    I've started dieting + exercising + MFP in July, original weight 160lbs. My original goal was 140lbs but now that I lost 15lbs I changed it to 135lbs (really, magic numbers for us 5'7" ladies ;)
    I've been eating 1200 calories/day, exercising at least 3x/week. That includes doing the 30 day shred (currently on day 14, but not doing it everyday), and following the Couch to 5k program hoping to be able to run 5k soon!
    Sorry that I still don't have before/after pics to share - love to see them too, hope to share mine when I reach my goal!
    Good luck ladies!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm not to my goal yet so these are just progress pics. I started at 208.8 but the first pic is around 180-185. The second pic is me at 153. I am 5'8" and my goal is 140. Hope the pics work. I have never posted pics

4a76a9c4.jpg

6da21898.jpg
  • mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    danithegirl- you look fantastic! I'd kill for that stomach. I'm working on it, but two kids later, I'm sure it will never look like that. Awesome job!
  • danithegirl89
    Options
    danithegirl- you look fantastic! I'd kill for that stomach. I'm working on it, but two kids later, I'm sure it will never look like that. Awesome job!

Thanks :) Some days it looks better than others. That's where I store all my fat. It sucks! I think another 15 lbs gone will take care of it but I have never been that low so idk!

At least you have two beautiful babies instead :) I can't wait to be a mom.
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Pic was taken in June 2009. I think I was around 220 at the time.
    dsc01701b.jpg

this was taken in June 2012. About 175.
    dsc08524s.jpg

I wore a bikini for the first time in public last weekend. Weighing in at 168.
    dsc6765c.jpg

measurements are 36-30-38. I'd like to lose another couple inches off both my waist and hips.
    Goal weight is about 145-150.
  • danithegirl89
    Options
    @erin_zuk- Great results so far! We are so close :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!