Vent

Options
I weigh 220 lbs, at my heaviest I was closing in on 280 lbs. Well today I went to the gym and Mr Musclehead and his Skinny Bimbet made comments about me working out, I get that I am fat, I get that I may disgust more than that I am sorry that I did not have my ipod louder. Then maybe I would not have heard you! I wish that it did not give a khrap what you think. The fact that you think you have the right to make any comment about what I look like hurts my feelings.

Nevermind that I am working at making a difference for myself, for my health and that when I started I was only able to do bicept curls with 2.5 lbs and now I can do them with 15lbs. Thanks for taking the wind out of my sails and make things really hard for me, trust me I already have issues looking at myself in the mirror, I know that I am fat your comments don't help.

So next time keep it to yourself

For all of you that are working out and do have the ideal bodies or the ones that I dream of having please always be kind :blushing:

Replies

• JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    And for those I have offended I am sorry I really did not think about what I wrote - I guess I am labelling everyone else too - my apologies!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    These people are morons and hopefully Karma will sort them out. You are doing a great job and don't let idiots like that make you feel bad. Keep up what you are doing and one day they will be looking at you wondering if they could ever be that fit :flowerforyou:
  • Cdn_Dot
    Cdn_Dot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry this happened to you. This is exactly the reason that people are afraid to work out at a gym! I'm lucky not to have experienced this out right. It may have happened but I didn't notice, of course the trainers and instructors are just so happy to see me that if they noticed I think that person may have been spoken too. Right now my membership is at a gym known locally for being "serious" and not just a pick up/social event place. I just need to show up more often :embarassed:
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    ignore them they are idiots and not worth a second thought
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that happened. People can be real jerks sometimes. Do Not let the under your skin! Eleanor Roosevelt once said "No one can make you feel in-superior without your permission." I have claimed this as one of my motto's. You have started a journey that most won't even attempt. You are doing it! You've lost 60 lbs! That's amazing and something you should be very proud of. I know it hurt your feelings. Just remember that people that say mean things usually are not happy with themselves and so they try to make others just as miserable as they are. You got this and your already beautiful so let the Skinny Bimbet and Mr Musclehead go suck on that for awhile!! Chin up Buttercup!! You got this!!
  • Cdn_Dot
    Cdn_Dot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreeance with Poods71 and shabaity. Keep at it!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    report them to your gym people!!! Screw that...I doubt your gym wants people around like that!!!!!!! Its not tattling..its getting rid of scum!!

Oooow..this boils my blood to no end..
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    You may be heavy right now, but you are working on that. They will likely always be jerks.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You may be heavy right now, but you are working on that. They will likely always be jerks.

My Mom always told me that I may be heavy but people that picked on me were ugly/ stupid (their behavior) and I could lose weight if I wanted but you can't change ugly and you can't fix stupid!!! Just had to add my two cents!!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    That is awful! At my gym, they've had a few weight loss contests, so we are all rooting for the people with more to lose. I actually find it appalling that anyone would look down on someone taking the steps to change their life. If I even witnessed such a thing, I'd speak up to defend the person.

Basically, your gym sucks. Come work out with me!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you had to go through this today. Or ever, for that matter.

There are a lot more people at the gym who are impressed that you had the courage to start a fitness plan, thrilled you've kept at it and who are silently cheering you on. How do I know this? Because I am one of them.
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    People suck! You are doing a great job, don't let anybody make you feel differently. Keep up the great work, you look awesome!
  • nerissag
    Options
    That's terrible. As a mother I would be mortified if one of my children behaved that way toward another human being.

Keep your chin held high and work toward your goals. You are worth it. You deserve your self respect. I try (I'll confess I don't always succeed) to ask myself in situations like that "Will I care in 5 years about..... (insert whatever you're dealing with)? If my answer is no I do my best to put it in perspective and not let it bother me.

You are worth all the love you are giving yourself. Try to keep the bad thoughts at bay and keep focusing on your goals. Slow and steady wins the race!

Much love your way.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    ****. What jerkheads....you are doing great!!!
    If it EVER happens again (and I sincerely hope it DOES NOT) try and screw up the courage to say something...people like that need to be shamed into feeling bad for hurting others. Say it nice and loud so other people hear t...you won't be the only one appalled at their disgusting behaviour.

Keep at it girl, you've got this!!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Wow.

What f*cktards.

Seriously.

Don't let a couple of *kitten* hats take the wind out of your sails. YOU know where you started from, where you are now and where you plan on being. That's the only thing that matters. They're just morons who think that making fun of someone else is awesome and it boosts their ego.

ETA: What the poster above me said about saying something to them. Nothing more embarrassing then getting called out on the carpet.

:explode:
  • Thundermountain
    Options
    OK. So that is completely the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I am so sorry to heart this happened to you. Would have loved to have been there to jump down their throats.

Dont let them get you down.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had to deal with rude people. People will say all sorts of things to make themselves feel higher than others. It really doesn't matter if it's about their weight, the brand of clothes they're wearing, how they look, breathe, work out, etc. It's never nice but it's never going to stop. It's more a reflection of their inner ugly than anything about you.

Don't let anyone bring you down. Do what you do for you, and do it hard and with great spirit. You are getting stronger both inside and out. There will always be lobsters in a bucket trying to drag you down.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Options
    Good for you for your weight loss!! 60lbs is outstanding. As far as the two jerks...I know it hurts but they don't matter. They don't understand your struggles and your achievements. Obviously, they don't seem like the type of people who would care to hear them either. I'm so sorry you had to hear that and I'm even sorry that it will make you cringe the next time you go into the gym and see them. Do your best to push their comments aside and keep on keeping on! You're doing wonderfully!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I'm sorry that you had to go through this today. Or ever, for that matter.

There are a lot more people at the gym who are impressed that you had the courage to start a fitness plan, thrilled you've kept at it and who are silently cheering you on. How do I know this? Because I am one of them.

me too :-)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck, and they're everywhere. Gym, Grocery store, restaraunts, etc. . . Thing is your "flaw" is one that you are working to improve and make better. (I used quotations because being overweight isn't a FLAW, it's a fact for some and you are addressing it.) But their FLAW is being snobby, pigheaded, and prideful. . .those are flaws they will likely live the rest of their lives with and inflict on many more than just you.

Be proud of the accomplishments you've already made and be proud that you are working hard to become a healthier you! And, when you're rocking your goal weight you can mentally flip them off!!! ;-)