Vent

Options

Replies

• Barbellsandthimbles
    Options
    ****. What jerkheads....you are doing great!!!
    If it EVER happens again (and I sincerely hope it DOES NOT) try and screw up the courage to say something...people like that need to be shamed into feeling bad for hurting others. Say it nice and loud so other people hear t...you won't be the only one appalled at their disgusting behaviour.

Keep at it girl, you've got this!!!

agreed!
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    Any time I see someone on the heavier side at the gym my first thought is NEVER "ewww"!! I think that is it totally awesome that they are taking the first step towards getting healthy! My younger sister is close to 300lbs and she refuses to ever join a gym again because of the very same reason you are venting today! it makes me sick that people do this because others like my sister NEED to work out for their health!
  • sherrybayers
    Options
    Do not let their stupidity and plain rudeness stop you or get to you...I know words are very hurtful but people like that don't matter. You are on a spectacular journey and you are making your life healthier so keep remembering that. If that had happened to me I am afraid I would walked right up to them and asked them why they felt they had the right to judge me. I would have put them on the spot, but that is just me, I have no time for idiots. I also would have been loud enough so others would hear, put the humiliation on them where it belongs. You know what they say about Karma.......wonder what they will look like in 20 years! It takes all kinds you know....chin up, you are beautiful on the inside AS WELL AS the outside:)
  • Knee2010
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU FOR LOSING 60 POUNDS SO FAR!!! And don't let those jerks discourage you, you keep on doing what you are doing to get yourself healthier. We should all be here (and at the gym) helping each other, not knocking somone down.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    F#$k 'em and drive on!
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    report them to your gym people!!! Screw that...I doubt your gym wants people around like that!!!!!!! Its not tattling..its getting rid of scum!!

Oooow..this boils my blood to no end..

^^ This! I sooo agree!

Everyone has to start from somewhere and they should be thankful for your business!

Be good to you :smile:
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Screw those guys.

If you ever hear someone say something like that again at your gym, rip your headphones out, turn around, and tell them if they have a problem they need to say it to your face! Then tell them what you think!

I remember back in the day when I pretended I didn't hear people when they made fun of me. I got tired of it, and people that talk behind your back never expect to be confronted. It's a good feeling to see the looks on their faces when you stand up for yourself.

You're doing great, and you should be proud of yourself!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that this happened to you! I am in similar shoes to you but a bit further to go. I use to get all twisted about what people might be thinking about me working out, sweating and panting my way around the gym. I finally just decided that I needed to be more positive. I don't care what other people think. They might think that I am fat, who cares? They might think that I don't look good, who cares? This is about me, for me, and I know that no matter how long it takes me to get there I will get fit and healthy. But I'm not doing it for them so why care what they think? And to be honest if people aren't jerks they are most likely to be thinking "look at you girl, good job being here working out!" I would rather have someone looking at me kicking my own *kitten* in the gym than sitting at a restaurant stuffing my face with unhealthy things. :)

So keep it up, hit that gym and own it every time. You will get to your goal as long as you stay hungry for it. Don't let the cruel comments of small people hold you back!
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that happened to you, honey, that is just mean, people really suck sometimes.
    I guess that is one of the many reason, I workout at home, people can be really hurtful.
    Keep your head up. :flowerforyou:
  • ekburnet
    ekburnet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You have lost 60 pounds! YOU ROCK! You have much to be proud of. The nay sayers at the gym may look good on the outside, but are ugly inside.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You may be heavy right now, but you are working on that. They will likely always be jerks.

yes. I'd rather be a little heavier than a narrow minded shallow a-hole.
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't ever be sorry for who you are! Those people can go to hell. You think you have things on your mind??? THEY are the ones with the real issues! I think their behaviour was disguesting and is a reflection of their shallowness and not at all symbolic of your fitness.
    You are rocking it, you are owning it! How many people made a new year's resolution and quit before March??? You are DOING IT! You have so much to be proud of!!! 2.5 to 15 pounds is huge! Be proud of yourself, hold your head up high. You are doing amazing things and don't EVER forget that!
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    Dont let it take the wind out of your sails... let it be the fire in your motivation.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    ^^This sums it all up!
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel the same thing happened to me at the gym. It was two skinny girls I felt horrible about myself but then I remembered I am at the gym doing something about it and just let their comments slide off by back easier said then done I know.
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What shallow a-holes! I'm sorry that happened to you. Keep your head up and don't let what crappy people like them say take away from how awesome you are doing.
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was humiliated in a stretching class by the instructor who pointed at me at said, "Look! She can't do it!" I knew I was not very flexible and I was trying to improve. I never went back to that or any other class at the gym. Instead, I started lifting weights and at age 43 I won my first power-lifting competition. (Still not very flexible, though)

Don't let 'em get you down! You go at your own pace. The only person you should compare yourself to is the one you used to be!!
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    I weigh 220 lbs, at my heaviest I was closing in on 280 lbs. Well today I went to the gym and Mr Musclehead and his Skinny Bimbet made comments about me working out, I get that I am fat, I get that I may disgust more than that I am sorry that I did not have my ipod louder. Then maybe I would not have heard you! I wish that it did not give a khrap what you think. The fact that you think you have the right to make any comment about what I look like hurts my feelings.

Nevermind that I am working at making a difference for myself, for my health and that when I started I was only able to do bicept curls with 2.5 lbs and now I can do them with 15lbs. Thanks for taking the wind out of my sails and make things really hard for me, trust me I already have issues looking at myself in the mirror, I know that I am fat your comments don't help.

So next time keep it to yourself

For all of you that are working out and do have the ideal bodies or the ones that I dream of having please always be kind :blushing:

People suck. You are doing a great thing, please don't let small minded people discourage you. One day you will be thin, but they will always be stupid.
  • addaline22
    Options
    I am so sorry you had that experience. I have had it too.
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    That is absolutely horrible and no one should be treated that way! I mean, my gosh, you are there to be active/healthy, just like everyone else. There is no excuse for people doing that and I just have to say that karma is a biotch. What goes around comes around. No one deserves to be made fun of. Period. It takes a lot of courage for any person to go to the gym and workout in front of others. I know I am not perfect, and I am sure I am not always the nicest to everyone...but I would never ever do something like that. I used to be made fun of for being chubby/fat when I was younger--even by people I knew and thought cared about me. It really leaves a scar. I will never forget that or how awful it made me feel. So I completely empathize and want you to know that you are amazing and beautiful! Keep doing your thing and show those people how strong and awesome you are!
    Do not let those people bring you down. Keep your head up girl! ****HUGS****