success by weighing daily or weekly??

Options
124»

Replies

• Alicia7519
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Sometimes twice a week. Like others have said, do what is best for you. My
    husband lost 65 pounds. He weighs himself on a daily basis. This helps control his caloric intake.
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I can't weigh daily, often I don't even weigh weekly. I found myself obsessed with the scale. I gave it way too much power over my life. If it wasn't moving at the rate I thought it should, I felt really down about myself. So I just set the goal to lose 20lbs by Christmas. And I'm set and determined to get it done!
  • sammichPG
    Options
    My routine is the following:

Wake up-->bathroom time-->breakfast-->scale

if I gained weight no big deal, if I weight less I register it on MFP and my excel spreadsheet.
    I can plateau for up to 5 days then lose 5-600g all of a sudden.

I have an industrial scale which is rather precise (+/- 100g with up to 300kg capacity), if you have one of those scales for home use I'd say that a weekly weighing makes more sense since their accuracy tend to be low..
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything with weighing including not weighing at all. In the end, what has worked the best for me is to weigh every day.

There are some rules with this, however, for this to work right.
    Number one....your weight WILL fluctuate. You have to accept that and not let it get to you.
    Number two....as long as you're sticking to your guns and eating right and exercising, don't record the highs, only the lows.
    Number three....weigh early in the day. I weigh first thing in the morning, in the same clothing, after I've been to the bathroom, but before I eat or drink anything.
    Number four....if you notice a steady trend of increased weight that goes on for 10 or more, you need to reevaluate what you're doing and looks for little ways you might be sabotaging your diet.

It works for me.

Another rule? If the scale torments you when you're doing a good job with your diet, stay away from it.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I had the best success when I weighed daily. But I usually only used the Sunday weigh in as my "official" one. For me, it wasn't stressful to see the day to day fluctuations.
  • Techn0mancer
    Options
    I weigh daily-ish (mostly every day, but not always) and record it in a spreadsheet.. in that same spreadsheet I record my body fat measurements from the scale and have it chart my general weight loss, fat loss and lean mass loss so I can see a visual record of what I'm losing. If I see my lean mass decline more over a given period than my fat, I add in a little more exercise to maintain
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!