Anyone drink Dessert teas or tea in general

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    All the ones I buy are made with flavoring from food. My favorite so far is cherry marzipan. It is made with green tea and rooibos tea and it is flavored cherry from acerola cherry and flavored marzipan from almonds. It's by tea forte. Sometimes I like to add flavored teas to a smoothie.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    All the ones I buy are made with flavoring from food. My favorite so far is cherry marzipan. It is made with green tea and rooibos tea and it is flavored cherry from acerola cherry and flavored marzipan from almonds. It's by tea forte. Sometimes I like to add flavored teas to a smoothie.

Ooh, that I NEED! And I've just googled Tea Forte and they're available here in the UK :drinker:
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    LOL at drinking tea in the desert.

Dessert teas are teas that taste like desserts :) Carrot cake, coconut and chocolate, Mint and chocolate, red velvet cake, vanilla, etc... I had one that was called southern pecan (can't get it anymore) that tasted like coffee w/white chocolate and pecans in it. It was my breakfast tea. Loved it. It was like a mocha.

Wow. We don't have those in the UK, or not to my knowledge anyway. We have black and green teas, herbal teas and fruit teas in abundance, but Pecan? Carrot cake? YUM!

I might stock up next time I'm in the States. Except actually... What are they made of? The fruit teas I get here are made from real dried fruit, vanilla, spices etc. These sound like they might be artificial flavourings, which I don't fancy. Do you know?

I don't actually know what they are made from, they don't come with product packaging because I buy loose leaf tea :(

Here are some sites you can check out if you want to research and maybe order some.
    Harney and sons http://www.harney.com/
    Necessiteas http://www.thenecessiteas.com/
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    Will do, thanks! :drinker:
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I decided to try a company called ThenecessiTeas and received the shipment yesterday. Awesome tea! I bought carrot cake, rootbeer float, chocolate covered raisins, pumpkin cheesecake and vanilla coke. I've had 2 so far and they are amazing :love:
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Teavana!!! My fiance and I love tea from Teavana.

So far in our collection we have: Earl Grey creme, Earl Grey, Amandine Rose, Honeybush Vanilla, CoCo Caramel Sea Salt, Blueberry Bliss, plus like a pound of German Rock Sugar.

Teavana sells loose-leaf teas so you have to get the proper equipment, but it's so worth it if you really love tea! Plus they have seasonal teas, dessert teas, breakfast teas, anything you can think of!

teavana.com, go there!

Oh and P.S. almost every tea has no calories, and they are all made from natural ingredients. For instance, the Blueberry Bliss I have has real dried red currants and blueberries. The coco caramel has whole pistachios in it, you can actually eat them lol
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Twining's Earl grey tea with lemon and honey for me!
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Never heard of dessert tea before either, going to Google some now, the coconut and chocolate sounds lovely.

Am drinking a lot of licorice tea at the moment though, I bought it last week in Holland & Barratt - it's really tasty and I don't even like licorice that much :)
    Tea's with vanilla in them are very nice too and last xmas I found a seasonal mulled fruits one.
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to DAVIDsTEA (it's a company up here in Canada - but they're moving into the States and they do sell online!). My favorite "dessert" teas are their Red Velvet Cake, Banana Nut Bread, and Birthday Cake. Mmmmmmm :)

They have SO many different flavours, it's insane. Also, they're all between 0-5 cal per cup. They are looseleaf, though so you'll have to make sure you have the right brewing setup at home.
  • B_Mindful
    B_Mindful Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No one has mentioned Adagio teas yet: http://www.adagio.com Lovely teas and some interesting flavored blends. Me, I like my tea "tea flavored", with the occasional chai or lapsang souchong to mix it up a bit. Knowing I'm a Sherlock fan, my daughter recently sent me several sample packs of the 'Sherlock' series of fandom teas. Fun! I think the blend by Cara McGee (called 'Sherlock') will become a favorite. http://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/blend.html?blend=19182&SID=04530a63f704ea8dc505b9c25a0cf8c3
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I love plain black tea, Lipton yellow label hmmmm with little milk too)))
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am from NC; I can't live without my sweet tea!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted to Sweet iced tea, but now I only drink hot unsweetened tea.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Tea! I drink tea all the time! All kinds of tea hot or iced! :D
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Used to hate tea, but then every brand started coming out with really unique flavors and now I love it! Try going to a David's tea store, they're in many malls. They have about 100 different flavors and you can smell them all before you buy, and you can buy as little or as much as you like. Caffeine free teas also help you get in more water!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I don't do dessert teas but I love the Tazo brand green tea. I don't put anything in it.

The local Chinese resturant here has a jasmine tea that I love!
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    pg tips made in a pot, dash of milk and a sweetener.
    You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. C. S. Lewis
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that's when I think life is over.
    Audrey Hepburn
    there is more to a cup of tea than a hot drink.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I drink all kinds of tea (and good coffees on occasion). My favorites teas are:

zhena's gypsy tea Caramel chai red tea
    zhena's gypsy tea Coconut chai green tea
    Mighty Leaf green tea tropical
    Revolution Acai green tea
    Tazo spicy ginger herbal tea
    Celestial Bengal Spice herbal tea
    Numi Emperor's Puerh black tea
    Numi Chocolate Puerh

Herbal coffees from Teeccino (these are delicious but you have to count a few calories on them)
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Anything Twinings, although I am fond of a number of herbal infusions from La Tisaniere and fruit infusions from Les Fruisanes
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    For those in the UK, checked on Amazon and there are some there and found a company called Nothing But Tea that has a good choice but perhaps not all the exciting ones mentioned above - at www.nbtea.co.uk