Literally Dripping Sweat

Options
How do you feel when you've had such a good workout that you can feel the sweat sliding down the side of your face, and if you wear glasses they keep slipping, and your heart is thudding out of control?

Me, I feel disgusted because "ohmygosh, I smell like a cheap *kitten* in church on the fourth of July," because of my deodorant and remnants of perfume mixing with the salty liquid that is my sweat, but at the same time I feel very accomplished because I know that my workout was amazing.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I actually hate sweating but I teach spin. Oh well.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I love it because I know I had an awesome workout or at least my body was burning cals! I don't use my glasses when I workout. :P I cant really workout when I have to keep adjusting them. :P
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I :heart: it
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I keep a towel with me because I always keep doing until I'm dripping. A cardio workout doesn't feel right without that!
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I wish I wore contacts more often or could take my glasses off! My eyesight isn't too terrible, but my eyes take forever to adjust and my depth perception is just horrid, so I end up bumping into things and hitting my face on the floor during Burpees. Lol~!
  • MsNegron
    MsNegron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the sweat dripping and flinging around the room (as you can see from my main picture) BUT i hate the taste of the sweat when it drips into my mouth, and my hair cream or product or what ever I have in my hair that day will drip into my eye and make it burn and turn red lol... not to mention, hair can't look that great when I sweat like this almost every day.
  • Wicked_heidi
    Wicked_heidi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way...sweat is your body's fat cells crying because they're dying!
  • coffeeQ2hrs
    coffeeQ2hrs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way...sweat is your body's fat cells crying because they're dying!

haha.. YES!
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    I love sweating when I do cardio and I also love the fab feeling after I take a shower. Once I was looking for fitness inspiration and I saw a nice saying: Nobody ever drowned in sweat :)
  • 1Clueless1
    Options
    If the sweat is from a work out I love to sweat. It makes me feel like my body is bei cleaned. And yes, I smell nasty but I feel great and the shower afterward takes care of the rest! Keep on sweatin!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Sweat is Fat crying so I dont mind it to much (actually I hate to sweat its ok if I tell my self this)
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love to sweat! It feels extra rewarding when I shower after. But I hate when I'm having a great hair day and then after a work out my hair is all sweaty and gross. Yuck. Oh well, girl problems!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes I love it too :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Love to sweat it's like a baptism that youre doing something good for your body
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I like feeling that I've earned my shower after a workout.

Which reminds me, I need to get my stuff ready for the gym right now!
  • SallyPilk
    Options
    Try getting a pair of Oakleys, the rubber end tips actually grip more, the more you sweat, so they don't slide down as much.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! During boxing I'm crazy sweaty. And I love it!

It used to turn me off, but now it does the opposite.... As long as the scent that goes with it isnt bad :)
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    in a 4 hour bike ride, I drink about 4 litres of water. Its just a beautiful replenishment process.

I love sweating it all out. Means my body is working properly and my kidneys are clean.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If I don't sweat, I feel like my workout was a huge failure. I love it!
  • victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If I don't sweat, I feel like my workout was a huge failure. I love it!

I feel the exact same way!! I sweat like crazy and even though I feel gross I just tell myself that my fat is melting away lol....I feel so accomplished instead of embarassed now :)