What's everybody's fav. core workout?

Options
I personally LOVE planks.

What about you guys?

I'm trying to find new moves that I can do.

Replies

• slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing, pole work! :-D
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    LOL really?

I always wanted to try, but I figured it'd be better for legs and arms than core.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efCrTFMKLrE - but I use one side of dual pulley cable machine

cable wood chops and reverse (gravediggers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isq_crIFR9o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVTtdQq-koI

Side stepping onto a bench with DB's one on shoulder one on side and DB's to be different weights.

Never crunch again

Power Vacuum
    Plank and variants
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    P90X Ab Ripper X - only takes 13 minutes
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    squats
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Anything in my Trx work outs. Also squats and deadlifts.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts

And Squats
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm a sicko and I love everything that makes you workout hard.

BUT, recently I tried SUP (Stand up Paddling), Oh my gosh I want a good board and paddle so bad now. I'm saving my money but I'm not sure when it will happen. I want to make it a new cardio routine for me once or twice a week. Talk about a CORE WORKOUT. Oh it's awesome. I want a board so bad. :)
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Deadlifts

And Squats

We all live in the sagital plane, sagital plane the sagital plane.

But the core moves in three planes - how do you train the other two?
  • tomruhland
    Options
    Are you talking about doing this in the water? I have a buddy who does this with a long skateboard and a pole with a rubber knob on the end. He too indicated that this is an awesome core workout.

BUT, recently I tried SUP (Stand up Paddling), Oh my gosh I want a good board and paddle so bad now. I'm saving my money but I'm not sure when it will happen. I want to make it a new cardio routine for me once or twice a week. Talk about a CORE WORKOUT. Oh it's awesome. I want a board so bad. :)
  • vtachycardia
    Options

You can replicate SUP with TRX, Cable Machine and instability - but not quite as joyous as being in the ocean or lake.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Deadlifts

And Squats

You know this is so true. Last year I stopped all core specific exercises. I was already lifting heavy but I wanted to do an experiment and see if I could get my waist smaller (to have more of an hourglass shape). Doing prime mover ab exercises makes your waist thicker! When I stopped the exercises and just kept lifting heavy I brought my waist down and still got ripped abs (my profile pictures were the result of that experiment). Since then I'm back to doing ab exercises and my waist is more muscular, but it's okay, I LOVE ab exercises, planks, swiss ball pike, and pushup and curl ups (with the ball) are my favorites.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options

You can replicate SUP with TRX, Cable Machine and instability - but not quite as joyous as being in the ocean or lake.

But part of the joy is I want the outdoor experience, I live near lots of lakes!
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    P90X Ab Ripper X - only takes 13 minutes

P90X killed me last time I tried it, but I may try the Ab Ripper again. Good idea.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Deadlifts

And Squats

You use your core when you lift heavy! It might not be the prime mover but you use the heck out of it. Especially if you are not using a smith machine. If you use a squat rack. Same with deadlifts. Like I said in my previous post. My profile pics were a result of cutting out all core prime mover exercises and sticking with the heavy free weights.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Deadlifts

And Squats

You use your core when you lift heavy! It might not be the prime mover but you use the heck out of it. Especially if you are not using a smith machine. If you use a squat rack. Same with deadlifts. Like I said in my previous post. My profile pics were a result of cutting out all core prime mover exercises and sticking with the heavy free weights.

None of the videos I posted are isolation exercises but really hit the core and other muscle groups. heavy Sagital plane exercises do hit the core, but not as greatly as exercises which have all three elements of movement, which is rather the point of the core. Like one leg squats are much more efficient for creating power in the core, do you do one leg squats or bulgarian split?
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts

And Squats

None of the videos I posted are isolation exercises but really hit the core and other muscle groups. heavy Sagital plane exercises do hit the core, but not as greatly as exercises which have all three elements of movement, which is rather the point of the core. Like one leg squats are much more efficient for creating power in the core, do you do one leg squats or bulgarian split?
    I do both of these with trx :) but I believe the question was what are peoples favorite core work outs, not which one works the most muscles or are most efficient....
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    P90X2 is all core. I love it way better than P90X. Think like, it's some of the P90X workouts, but now you have to do that and balance on one foot. It's hard core, core workouts. Exactly what I wanted.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    P90X2 is all core. I love it way better than P90X. Think like, it's some of the P90X workouts, but now you have to do that and balance on one foot. It's hard core, core workouts. Exactly what I wanted.

There's a 2nd one now?! Ugh, is it harder than the first?