sexersize:bigsmile: and russain twists
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hula hooping!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    P90X2 is all core. I love it way better than P90X. Think like, it's some of the P90X workouts, but now you have to do that and balance on one foot. It's hard core, core workouts. Exactly what I wanted.

There's a 2nd one now?! Ugh, is it harder than the first?

I don't know that it's harder. It's not like it's the next level, even though that's what they say. It's not, it's just different. Much more focus on core workouts. A lot of balancing. Doing curls on one foot, using a stability ball for over half the workouts. It's great. Way better, IMO. If you wanna build up, stay with the first one, but if you want more flexibility and stability, and overall athleticism (what I would call real strength, not just looks strong), then this is for you.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    P90X2 is all core. I love it way better than P90X. Think like, it's some of the P90X workouts, but now you have to do that and balance on one foot. It's hard core, core workouts. Exactly what I wanted.

I don't know that it's harder. It's not like it's the next level, even though that's what they say. It's not, it's just different. Much more focus on core workouts. A lot of balancing. Doing curls on one foot, using a stability ball for over half the workouts. It's great. Way better, IMO. If you wanna build up, stay with the first one, but if you want more flexibility and stability, and overall athleticism (what I would call real strength, not just looks strong), then this is for you.

When you say "curls on one foot" do you mean bicep curls? If so, I'm already doing that on one foot. I have exceptional balance, I thank all those years of gymnastics, baton, clogging, jazz, ballet, etc. I may start doing their work outs again, I have the first set of DVD's. I really loved the yoga, but it left me exhausted not exhilarated by the end LOL
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

I watched the videos and it truly is insane, I thought P90x was hard, P90x2 makes P90x seem like Richard Simmons.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options

I watched the videos and it truly is insane, I thought P90x was hard, P90x2 makes P90x seem like Richard Simmons.

Haha, yeah I just watched about 4 minutes of clips on youtube and I'm like ....yeah.. f*** that, I'll stay round. xD
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    planks ? does that count. hated them so much before because i couldnt do them for longer than like 10 seconds... lol .
    squats are awesomeee as well.
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know I'm off topic but, just have to say... vtachycardia...love your name! lol (vtach for short) :glasses:
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

When you say "curls on one foot" do you mean bicep curls? If so, I'm already doing that on one foot. I have exceptional balance, I thank all those years of gymnastics, baton, clogging, jazz, ballet, etc. I may start doing their work outs again, I have the first set of DVD's. I really loved the yoga, but it left me exhausted not exhilarated by the end LOL

Yes, biceps curls balancing on one foot. Or, doing triceps kickbacks in warrior 3 position. Not easy for me. My balance sucks. I can barely do any of it.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    planks ? does that count. hated them so much before because i couldnt do them for longer than like 10 seconds... lol .
    squats are awesomeee as well.

Planks count as long as you're engaging your core, most definitely. They're my fav. I'm up for 45 seconds right now, once I get to a minute, I'm going to start lifting one leg at a time. (=
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options

Yes, biceps curls balancing on one foot. Or, doing triceps kickbacks in warrior 3 position. Not easy for me. My balance sucks. I can barely do any of it.

I'm not sure how to do "kickbacks in warrior 3 position" but I may youtube it! My balance is amazing, ever since I was little my mom used to do laundry with her left foot on her right knee(hard to picture) and now when I'm doing dishes or something I do the exact same pose!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Pilates. If your abs don't hate you after, you are doing something wrong.
  • LupaNera
    Options
    Planks with the crazy man going to Hit you over but and triceps with the training pads just trying to get you to loose balance. Or with a training partner in front trying to off balance each other by grapping one hand at a time. It is fun and a great core workout. Something like returning kids.
    Then bridges with 5-10kg weights on your abs area.
    Staying on your back an trying to maintain some weights with your ankles at 5 cm from ground. Same thing keeping the weights in hand over your head.
    And any kind of ground work.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing, pole work! :-D

^^THIS...my abs have never been so strong
  • LiftHuff
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts, Chin ups
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Front lever raises: http://youtu.be/OxCPP4pxhnk
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love squats, lunges, planks and wood chops. PT taught me a new form of leg raises this week thats a killer. On a bench under the smith, leg raise into candle, and tap the bar on the outside with your toes. I am sure it has a name but he didn't tell it :bigsmile:
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    I love squats, lunges, planks and wood chops. PT taught me a new form of leg raises this week thats a killer. On a bench under the smith, leg raise into candle, and tap the bar on the outside with your toes. I am sure it has a name but he didn't tell it :bigsmile:

I absolutely HATE squats & lunges, but I think it's because my form is wrong and I put too much pressure on my knees(bad knees at 22, awesome isn't it?)
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Front lever raises: http://youtu.be/OxCPP4pxhnk

let us see your video - and then a flag with cross on rings.