Look who we rescued last night :)

Options
13»

Replies

• innocenceportrayed
    Options
    I have never owned a ferret but my friend did and they were pretty cool...at one time she had a skunk too...weird. All of my animals (minus my reptiles) are rescues. It feels good to give them a home, but if I keep doing it, they'll take over my home. I feel like I live in a zoo as is.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Love it! We used to have 5 fuzzy children (ferrets), prior to our actual children. I've kinda been thinking now that the kids are older it may be time to welcome one or more fuzzys back to the family.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Awwwww poor baby, she's lucky you found her! She's so cute :love: I want one!
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What a cutie! I'm voting for Miska. In general I'm opposed to naming animals people names. It can be really confusing.

We have a daughter named Lila. The people who moved in across the street have two puggles, one of them is named Lila. Every time they scold their dog our daughter looks around confused that these people are yelling at her.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The sweet oily stuff in a tube! My ferrets would beg for it and fight each other to steal portions of it. I'm really glad you could take her and give her a good life. :) already spayed? Our lady ferret was named Elyria but your list of names is immense and great!
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We rescued a little ferret that looked much like yours with a story much as you described about 18 years ago now! She turned out to be a real sweetie. She seemed to be a bit nervous that things might go wrong again and she'd wind up being ignored... for the first couple of years she was with us she would come seek us out almost as if checking to be sure we were still there. She also developed a fondness for grooming us... wanted to try to clean ears and groom eyebrows!

We named her Laska... which means "love", "grace" or "favor" in some Polish/Russian/other eastern European dialects. It fit her.

laska1.jpg
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The sweet oily stuff in a tube! My ferrets would beg for it and fight each other to steal portions of it. I'm really glad you could take her and give her a good life. :) already spayed? Our lady ferret was named Elyria but your list of names is immense and great!

Yep. It's called FerretVite :) I'm on my way to the pet store right now! :D
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    She's so adorable! And you are an angel for rescuing her. Too often animals are abused because they can't ask for help!
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Weight loss could also be attributed to not having been brought out of season ?

Ive 2 stinkers here, albino boy and polecat girl
    (stinky&wasp)
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I'll post more pictures when she's happy and playing.

It's pretty funny, my boyfriend has never had a ferret before and calls them "stink weasels". He has been saying no for me wanting one forever.

Now he wont put her down!! Carrying her around on his shoulder everywhere lol :)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    She's georgous :-)
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESCUING HER!!!!!!!! Why do people get animals and then NOT take care of them properly??

She has come into your life for a reason. She will bring you much joy and happiness as you will her.

My best friend had a ferret once-it would 'steal' things and hide them in a dresser drawer in their master bedroom. I always liked going to see her 'stash' and whenever they were missing stuff they knew right where to look :o)

Happy ferret parenting!!