What do people do to annoy you while you're working out?

Options

Replies

• vtachycardia
    Options
    Bad form, especially on rear delt and rotator cuff exercises.

Gym Day of bad form

Machine Chest Press
    FB DB chest Press - talking
    IB DB Chest press - talking
    FB DB Chest Fly - checking out the tits
    IB DB Chest Fly - perm any two from above
    Bicep curls. but again never right and too much weight so it becomes a hybrid *kitten* compound movement
    Ab cradle crunches
    More crunches
    Some crunches
    More crunches - complain that lower abs never pop - probably due to your defective spine.

Repeat above workout 6 days a week - some cardio
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When I see a lady come with a full face of make up to workout!

Sometimes I work out right after work (6am) so I already have makeup on....but it is usually sweated off by the time i'm done :)
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1. Sitting on a machine and not using it
    2. Using a machine as a coat rack
    3. Gym Barbies that never seem to exercise just wander around talking to guys then tan and go home
    4. Neck arm and chest guy dropping weights every 5 minutes
    5. 3 or more girls doing exercises better suited for group exercise room in the strength room AND talking loudly while doing it

Guess I am easily annoyed :(
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    I hate when I am on a cardio machine (treadmill, elliptical etc) and there are about 15 OTHER free machines but Mr stinky and sweaty gets on the machine RIGHT NEXT TO ME and starts working out. I can see if that is the only available machine....but I start breathing pretty heavy and I don't want to have to breath in anyone else's stink....or feel their body heat next to me!!

Also hate when women wear tennis skirts to the gym...I know its stupid and petty but I just don't think they look cute and they annoy the crap out of me.

Must be the smell of your perfection driving them to you.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Pro-tip: If you can carry on a conversation while working out, you're not working out hard enough.

I disagree. I believe that if you CAN'T carry a conversation while jogging when you're a couple of miles in, you need to work on your endurance.

i agree. being able to carry on a conversation while jogging means you are at a comfortable pace, which will allow you to continue your workout for a longer time
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    when the trainers are working with a group and they take over the entire section free weight section. that's a group exercise class now - take it to the studio. get out of the way with your bands and balls and ropes. you don't need to be in the iron area.
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I work out right after work (6am) so I already have makeup on....but it is usually sweated off by the time i'm done :)
    [/quote]

Never thought of that. My bad:smile: I'll take that off my list
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    the thing i hate the most is when people dont wear workout clothes to the gym. why in Gods name would you want to exercise in blue jeans, with you shirt tucked in and wearing loafers?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the thing that really annoys the hell out of me is when I turn up at the gym and...there are other people there. And some even turn up whilst I am still there!

The nerve...
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    People who are annoyed by me, it's such a silly thing but sometimes I need to get around you. Don't pause, keep going, I promise i'll get out of the way in 2 seconds and I'm pretty far away from you regardless.

A complete lack of polite manners. I know you are a big buff dude, but can't you say excuse me? Do you need to sit there and snarl at me for existing in this realm? I try to be super polite, i'm not creeped out by people who show common manners, but I am annoyed by people who go out of their way to be rude.
  • 72elkiedude
    72elkiedude Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    *kitten* and foul language
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Pro-tip: If you can carry on a conversation while working out, you're not working out hard enough.

I disagree. I believe that if you CAN'T carry a conversation while jogging when you're a couple of miles in, you need to work on your endurance.

i agree. being able to carry on a conversation while jogging means you are at a comfortable pace, which will allow you to continue your workout for a longer time

1) Working out - not jogging
    2) Jogging - you need to find something that leaves you breathless and unable to carry out a conversation
    3) length of workout has nothing to do with effectiveness
    4) Look up Perceived exertion rate - explains the talking bit
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    So, just that jogging conversation annoyed me. because it was an inability to read problem - working out v jogging (jogging rotfl)
  • Katy285
    Options
    Some of you all need to lighten up.

So what if someone wears makeup to the gym? Maybe she just came from work... maybe she works nights. Maybe she just came from an overnight date! Kudos to her for getting to the gym after. Maybe she's insecure and doesn't feel like she can even set foot in public without the makeup. So what if someone isn't working hard? How does that affect you? I can see people getting snippy if someone isn't re-racking their weights or is leaving the machines all nasty, but the fact that someone might return texts? Really? Maybe that person has 5 kids at home and the texts are from the babysitter.

I can't help but notice how many people get on their "I don't judge anyone's decisions" soapboxes on the weightier topics of the day, but discuss something so asinine and judgmental attitudes are rampant. I find it weird.

This!
    It seems to me that most of the people complaining do alot of staring also, which is creepy and uncomfortable. I used to be so self-conscious because of these type of people. That's why I workout either at home or outside which has helped me improve so much more now that I don't have to worry about people judging me on anything and everything I do.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My college gym:
    People doing their reading for class while walking on the treadmill. Our gym was too small fo the size of our college anyway, it was SO hard to get a machine. If you want to work out, great. If you want to do your homework, go to the library.

My apartment gym:
    We have a cute little gym with some treadmills, arc trainers, and some machines and free weights. There are some guys who come in there and GRUNT. I can understand a little huff, but if you are almost yelling and I can clearly hear you through my headphones... I am going to be a little distracted haha.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    There's a lady at my pool who comes during lap swim hours and doesn't do laps.

She floats around in the shallow end with a pool noodle while her husband and 8-year-old son do laps and I have to dodge her on my way to the wall. :grumble: Go do nothing in the leisure pool.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Number ONE is perfume of any kind, if you wear perfume to work wipe your neck and arms off before getting hot and sweaty.
    Two: people who talk on their cell phones LOUDLY, if your call is that important take it outside otherwise give yourself 30 minutes of peace and workout

My list could go on and on but those are my biggest two, wiping machines off, lounging on equipment, using your phone for music WITHOUT headphones, and WOMEN that come to the gym together and walk on the treadmills at 2mph and yack it up the whole time, for that you could have walked around the block and annoyed your neighbors. this is why I stick to the outdoors as much as possible :bigsmile:
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Guys not re-racking their weights. My workout takes long enough when I have to load, lift, and re-rack my weights without having to straighten up after other people, too.

THIS!!! I hate when I want to do some good squats but some meat head has left a billion pounds of weight on the barbell. And what's worse there are signs posted everywhere to rerack the weights when your done!
  • KrayKira
    Options
    When someone tries to start a conversation with me.. Or when people ask how much I weigh and why i'm working out
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    When someone tries to start a conversation with me.. Or when people ask how much I weigh and why i'm working out

WHAT?! People do that?! There are some rude people in this world... that's brutal.

I think the only thing I ever was bothered by at the gym was a woman who was on a cardio machine (can't remember which one) and she was talking to her friend on the next machine and she said, "My son is getting married next month!" yada yada yada... "And I absolutely HAVE to look better than the bride... you know... I can't let her show me up *giggles*..." /facepalm. Mind you, that conversation could have happened anywhere; I suppose I was the dbag for eavesdropping :laugh: