Fat people doing TurboFire results please!

Options
13»

Replies

• sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Had to google for Turbo Jam, are they really serious?
    Why don't you do something non gimnicky (not to use another word) that works like good old cardio+lifting free weights?

Women don't get muscular like men with free weights, lifting helps a lot with weight loss and body remodeling.

Take this post as a completely friendly opinion that you're free to ignore since I'm not a woman... but I'm a recovering obese.

You are totally entitled to your opinion, but I do want to add that myself, my sister and her husband have used the Turbo Jam videos (in the past - obviously that's why I am here now), but they are amazing! We added weighted gloves to our workouts, and the more you learn the routines the harder you can go at it. Nothing I ever used had given us the same results. It may seem gimmicky, but for those of us that would rather tear our own limbs off while counting to 100 doing lunges, this is a god send. It distracts you from the monotony of a regular workout. If you can get into the music, and hit to the beat with all you have - it rocks. Just my FYI!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    How rude is the poster who said that this is gimmicky. If sweating your *kitten* off, burning hundreds of calories, losing weight/inches & gaining strength & endurance is gimmicky.....SIGN ME UP!

I'm sure p90x is also gimmicky, as is Insanity.

Don't bother right?
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Had to google for Turbo Jam, are they really serious?
    Why don't you do something non gimnicky (not to use another word) that works like good old cardio+lifting free weights?
    Turbo Jam is based on kickboxing. How is that "gimmicky"? I'm sorry they gave it a cool name.

Pro-tip: it IS cardio. I burn about 1400 calories per hour doing Turbo Jam.

OP - sorry, but I'm still obese. I've been doing Turbo Jam since my knees can't handle Turbo Fire yet. I will say it's improved my movement quite a bit, and my joints don't hurt like they used to. Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire mostly work your core, so you might not see a lot of muscle definition, but you will be stronger overall. Turbo Jam mostly focuses on your abs.

Watching the clips I can see it's a form of cardio that impacts heavily on your joints (which you really want to avoid when overweight) and lacks any benefit coming from anaerobic exercise.

A stationary bike (or an elliptical machine) and some weights would develop more muscle, burn even more calories and preserve your joints better than doing weird programs.

Is it boring? It might be, but you get results faster my way.
    Sorry, but you are totally wrong. I haven't done the entire TurboFire schedule, but at 280+ pounds I did it for a month. I decided that it might be a little too advanced for where I was at the time, and I decided to try it out again later when I was a little lighter and more fit (maybe in a couple weeks as I am down about 40+ since then...cleaned up the diet, mostly). I have used it on and off throughout the summer, just not the full schedule.

First, all the moves can be modified to low impact and there is a lady to watch for the low impact modifiers. Also, there are multiple workouts, many of them are HIIT and those are definitely anaerobic, unless you aren't doing them correctly. There are also toning videos included in the schedule.

Also, if you pick something boring, that you do not enjoy, the chances of you sticking to it are slim to nil. TurboFire is FUN!

"my way" ??? Really and I suppose you are an expert and you know all?? Get over yourself - there are a ton of things that work for weight loss, toning, strengthening out there. Not just "your way". Lordy - that's hilarious! I would love to see you try and get through some of the Turbo Videos! LOL
  • WeavesWife
    WeavesWife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this is from 2012 but I wanted to add my results so far. I am on week 2 of TF. I did week one twice and I have lost 20 pounds. I started at 260 and just hit 240. I was incredibly out of shape and I am still getting out of that, but I just did my best and kept my form as best as I could, drink lots of water during. I love it! I have plantar fasciitis in both feet and I have pretty bad knees. I just don't jump. One to two times a week I do 30 Day Shred because I like the weights. I started with 30 Day Shred 2 weeks before TF came. So all my weight isn't from TF. But, I am addicted to how I feel when I am done! Amazing program and Chalene is really motivating.

Some people probably find it gimmicky because it is advertised with infomercials, but Beachbody is a reputable company that has helped SO many people. They give people results, so what more could we ask for? Lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!