IS THIS FAT OR SKIN???? PLEASE HELP

Options
I don't know if this is skin or fat? What does it look like to you? How can I get rid of it? It is disgusting!!! And so embarrassing :( please help!

Picture653.jpg

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You need to resize the picture, but I believe it is both.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    that's skin. surgery is going to be your answer unfortunately.
  • 1MinuteWithTina
    1MinuteWithTina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's loose skin. I don't think any exercise can get rid of it, I'm afraid. It'll take surgery :flowerforyou:
  • 4tlbs2go
    Options
    Looks like loose skin to me
  • DidIt4Me
    Options
    I re sized it. So no hopes of getting any better without surgery??? :(
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Looks like skin to me
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Like I told someone the only way I'll tone up is to see a surgeon.

Best wishes!
  • 1MinuteWithTina
    1MinuteWithTina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So no hopes of getting any better without surgery??? :(

I seriously doubt it
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It looks like both unfortunately. Not an expert here but you look like you have some fat to lose and the skin may shrink back some, but it is highly unlikely it will ever be close to flat without surgery. Sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    you are and will be beautiful with or without it, nothing to be ashamed of :):flowerforyou:
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    Looks to me like you've put in a ton of HARD work! :happy: Good for you! It does look like you've got a bit of skin there. Maybe you could get in to see your primary doc for more info.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    It looks like fat, covered with skin. Skin isn't that thick by itself, so if you lose weight, some of that is bound to shrink. Look at the success stories thread. Lots of people had tummies that were a bit much, but they shrunk them considerably. Lots of people on here have lost a 100 lbs or more. Best wishes!
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. you will be amazed what it does for you - I have a few friends who have lost major amounts of weight and have gotten their loose skin under control - also give it time. your ticker on your profile says that you have 50 more pounds to lose - lose them and see what happens. I wouldnt jump on the surgery bandwagon just yet.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'd say skin and I've been told it can take 3+ years of maintaining your weight for the full affect of how much your skin really will shrink. I say keep doing what you do, lose the rest of your weight and in several years from now re-evaluate the situation.
  • fat2fit33
    Options
    It's a bit of both
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I understand and you are very brave for doing it. You are doing great - keep patient (I know its hard) and see where you get with losing a bit more. The weight lifting suggestion is a good one also. Hang in there.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost? It looks like skin but a doctor could telly you by examining you.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. you will be amazed what it does for you - I have a few friends who have lost major amounts of weight and have gotten their loose skin under control - also give it time. your ticker on your profile says that you have 50 more pounds to lose - lose them and see what happens. I wouldnt jump on the surgery bandwagon just yet.

^ This exactly. I've seen women who lost more than 100 lbs tighten up really well with lifting.
  • DidIt4Me
    Options
    How much weight have you lost? It looks like skin but a doctor could telly you by examining you.

100 pounds
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is the nastiest post I have seen on here. Hope you arre happy with yourself.

OP, don't worry about the sarcastic person who posted that. You have obviously done a fantastic job. Be proud of what you have achieved. Well done.