Replies

• robertmc3000
    robertmc3000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looks like you lost some weight
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost? It looks like skin but a doctor could telly you by examining you.

100 pounds

What an amazing loss you shoud be so proud. Please don't pay any attention to the douche heads on the forum. You are brave for posting and should be commended.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that many people that believe they have mostly loose skin actually have more fat to lose. The article said that loose hanging skin that is only skin and not fat is about the thickness of an eyelid. I agree with the others that said heavy lifting is the way to go. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • DidIt4Me
    Options
    Looks like you lost some weight

Yes 100 pounds and trying to get at least 50 more off
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. I'd say give yourself sometime (1 year) at the very least after all the weight is off to see if what you need is surgery.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I have also got loose skin since losing weight (after four babies plus gaining weight) and now need to tone up, altho I still have some weight to lose as well. Great question to ask as I have learnt a lot about what to do - I was thinking I would have to look at surgery if it didn't get better, s great to know that time and work might improve it.
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost? It looks like skin but a doctor could telly you by examining you.

100 pounds

WOW!!!! CONGRATS! after 4 kids i to have both fat and loose skin. i would lose the rest of the weight then go see your dr. one day i am gonna do the same. Remember that extra skin isnt what defines you. you have done an amazing thing for your body and should feel increadibly proud!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that many people that believe they have mostly loose skin actually have more fat to lose. The article said that loose hanging skin that is only skin and not fat is about the thickness of an eyelid. I agree with the others that said heavy lifting is the way to go. Congrats on your weight loss!

Sorry, no. Loose skin on your stomach is not going to be the thickness of an eyelid. The eyelid in the absolute thinnest piece of skin on your body, and the skin on your stomach is significantly thicker. I agree that the OP has a combination of skin and fat, but it's primarily the loose skin that is wrinkling. That is a good 20+ pounds of extra skin.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Be patient and keep losing and working out I am in my 60s and still have 35 40 to lose and the skin is changing not fast I have been going slow started in May 2008 and as I lose fat I do shrink its easier for me to tell you to be patient easier than my being patient myself I dont ever expect to go for 6 pack abs but I am a whole lot healthier and happier
    I hope one day next year to be fit and flat
    Good luck and good losing
  • MrOFM
    MrOFM Posts: 41
    Options
    You can get rid of it. I seen ppl and family memebers lose 99% of excess skin.

Watch this guys transformation!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCI7k4sZqsA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It is both. Looking at your stretch marks - which are much the same as mine - they aren't going to go away. Exercise and getting rid of the last of the fat will help, but the skin is no longer attached to the underlying muscle, so no amount of lifting is going to cure it completely. Lose the rest of the weight, give yourself a year after that for your skin to shrink, then see a doctor if you still decide you want it gone. Not even surgery is going to get rid of the stretchmarks, though. I hate mine, but I have to accept they are there for life now.
  • fteale
    Options

If you have extra skin from weight gain alone you can lose it and tighten up. If you have stretch marks like the OP does, it's from pregnancy, and it is highly likely the skin simply isn't attached to the muscle underneath any more, in which case, no amount of weight lifting is going to make it go away completely. I have a load of abdominal muscles, low BF but when I do planks or press ups, I have fold of skin that hang down like tissue paper because there is no connective tissue. Pregnancy, and especially caesareans cause that.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Do what you can to prevent loose skin and see how it goes. Good things to help prevent more are dry skin brushing, body scrubs, and hydration.. Both internal as water and external as moisturizer. I moisturizer twice a day and at least I feel pampered along the way! You are doing wonderfully..keep it up!
  • DidIt4Me
    Options

If you have extra skin from weight gain alone you can lose it and tighten up. If you have stretch marks like the OP does, it's from pregnancy, and it is highly likely the skin simply isn't attached to the muscle underneath any more, in which case, no amount of weight lifting is going to make it go away completely. I have a load of abdominal muscles, low BF but when I do planks or press ups, I have fold of skin that hang down like tissue paper because there is no connective tissue. Pregnancy, and especially caesareans cause that.

I don't have any kids.. no babies.. Just many years of going up and down in weight
  • MrOFM
    MrOFM Posts: 41
    Options

You can lose it. It take time but it can be done. People just give up so easy. My aunt was 450 ponds right now she has flat stomach and abs and she had 3 kids. Stretch marks won't but you can get rid of excess skin.
  • fteale
    Options

You can lose it. It take time but it can be done. People just give up so easy. My aunt was 450 ponds right now she has flat stomach and abs and she had 3 kids. Stretch marks won't but you can get rid of excess skin.

Up to a point. You can't do anything about the skin that isn't attached to anything underneath.
  • Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss. Please do not be discouraged. I had loose skin at first after losing over 100 pounds but it drastically changed over a 2-year maintenance period with lots of hard work. Now I have very little. Incorporate lifting heavy and work hard to get to your goal weight. Give yourself some time because you are still in the process of losing weight. Your body is going to go through a lot more changes. Focus on health and strength.

You are doing wonderful! Keep up the good work!

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    100 pounds. Wow. I am in awe. I hope I can have half the success you have.

If you still have a pair of pants from before your weight loss, stand in front of the mirror and put them on. Look at how huge they are on you. Feel a little bit of pride at the fact that you could fit another you in them.

You have done something incredible. High Five!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It looks mostly like it's extra skin. Sucks when you put in all that hard work and sweat into losing weight and you're left with extra skin =(