Options
13»

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Europe.

:drinker:

Here, here. If i could I would. Germany or the Netherlands (but I guess I wouldn't be avoiding the cold)

Actually the Netherlands is quite mild during the winter. It's more like a Washington State type of climate.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I am in Utah and would LOVE to move to Southern California. Hawaii would be nice to but I hear the school system is the worst there.

I am so sick of the cold weather and hate driving in the snow. The weather is turning to fall here and I dread the coming months....
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Go to www.findyourspot.com - fill out form, get selections - close eyes - point to one and move there. Live wildly.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from WI, moved to Phoenix, AZ. Allergies disappeared for about 2 years (will happen if you move to an entirely new climate/environment).

I am a typical blue-state WI girl. But somehow I am surviving in a very red state. I just found people who have similar ideals to me.

If I could, I would move to San Diego in a heart beat. You cannot beat the weather and water but the home prices are a bit high for me and my boyfriend right now.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    Not New Jersey

I am going to defend my state! Before you think we are defined by all the stereotypes on TV shows, maybe you should come for a visit. We are actually 3 distinct states inside of one state. If you live in North Jersey, you probably do sound like a Real Housewife. I live in Central Jersey and I have no accent. Those from South Jersey sound like they are from Philadelphia.

I live in a beautiful, wooded area full of one lane country roads yet I can be in NYC or Philly in an hour. Green Acres is the place to be...farm living and the big city, best of both worlds. We truly are the Garden State and have so many beautiful, rural areas.

Take your pick and root for the the Phillies, Mets or Yankees or the Giants, Jets or Eagles. Oh yeah and the Knicks, Sixers or the Nets. Talk about variety!

Road trip you say? you can be in PA, NY State, DE, DC, MD, VA within a few hours. And yes, we have 110 miles of beaches and beautiful shore towns.

And the food!! (I know it is a dieting website) There is nothing like a Trenton tomato pie (pizza to you guys), a proscuitto and mozz in Hoboken, the numerous farm stands and community-sponsored agriculture (CSA) options to be a part of to get your organic on. Jersey tomatoes and corn in August! Peaches, blueberries!!! A Michelle Laurie cheesecake!

And the education? We are home to many notable colleges/universities, not the least of which are Princeton and Rutgers. I am proudly Rutgers Class of 1992 and I got an amazing education.

BTW, Washington did cross the Delaware during the Revolutionary War to get TO New Jersey.

Areas managed by the National Park Service include:

Appalachian National Scenic Trail
    Delaware National Scenic River
    Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
    Ellis Island National Monument
    Gateway National Recreation Area in Monmouth County
    Great Egg Harbor River
    Morristown National Historical Park in Morristown
    New Jersey Coastal Heritage Trail Route
    New Jersey Pinelands National Reserve
    Thomas Edison National Historical Park in West Orange
    Prominent geographic features include:

Delaware Water Gap
    Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
    The Highlands
    New Jersey Meadowlands
    Pine Barrens
    South Mountain

Sure we have the Jersey Devil and Chris Christie but you have to take the good with the bad. And I am truly inspired by people like Cory Booker (Mayor of Newark, NJ) who want to be the change that we need. (what state doesn't?)

I have lived in quite a few states and overseas, but all I am saying is look for the good no matter where you are. It makes the ride a whole lot more enjoyable.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    This might sound crazy, but hear me out.

DELAWARE

It is a tax free state. It is very warm there in the summer. It is near the beach, so you have your water aspect there. The winters are incredibly mild, but you still get a little snow.
    It is also close to lots of major cities like Philadelphia, Baltimore, NYC, and D.C.

I lived there for 2 years and I actually loved it.

I agree! I live in Elkton, MD (the first town across the state line in MD) but I spend an awful lot of time in Delaware! The tax free shopping is nice, the beaches are nice! Rehoboth, Lewes, Ocean City, MD, Assateague are are within an easy drive. You can even take the ferry from Lewes to Cape May, NJ. The Newark and Pike Creek area are really nice and close to University of Delaware! (I also like my little corner of Cecil County too though)
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    As far as jobs go, I think anywhere we go it won't be easy to find a job. I am still in school, and my husband is about to graduate and go into Law Enforcement. I am going into Psychology (eventually Criminal Psychology) so I would need to work for state or federal government. Maybe start my own business. Also plan to go back and go to law school as well. So, that gives you an idea of the job area.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Europe.

:drinker:

Here, here. If i could I would. Germany or the Netherlands (but I guess I wouldn't be avoiding the cold)

Actually the Netherlands is quite mild during the winter. It's more like a Washington State type of climate.

I spent a couple of years living in Dusseldorf, Germany (about an hour away from the Dutch border) and I found winters there harder to tolerate than the -35C we get here. The whole winter hovering around zero (C) and damp......