Tell me all about your animals

Options

Replies

• pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    We have 2 cats... Tiger and Pixie.
    Tiger - aka - My wiggs, Wiggles, tiggsy. is my sisters kitty, he's so beautiful though every one loves him. He's friendly and cuddley and fluffy and just so big. If anyone ever meets him and doesnt like him ill eat my hat... of which i have several... (first time with piccys so fingers crossed!!).
    wiggslittle.jpg

and his sister my kitty, Pixie :D - aka - Pix, Poo, Stupid... i didnt give her those names!!!! we got them the summer before i went to uni, i came back after first year and she was answering to stupid... after second poo... apparently it started as pixie poo but that was too long :| *rolls eyes*. Iv finally got her actually answering to pixie! She is scared of pretty much every thing and anything... she drops mice when they wriggle, doesnt like people, or balloons. But she is my kitty comes to bed with me sleeps literally on top of me, and cleans my hair and eyebrows.. which is um... kind of appreciated? :S. She is however Awesome! There was a bird would peck on my window 4am every morning... peck peck peck fly away come pack peck peck peck GGRR! woke me up every day till pix came parading round the house looking so very proud of herself squeaking at me (her meow is very much a squeak) so i follow her... she leads me to the dead body of the annoying bird... go pix! lol.
    pixie.jpg
    pixtonguelittle.jpg
    (i love her spotty nose!)

I love hearing about peoples pets :D especially their quirky habbits! :D
    X

(yay it worked... only took 3 attempts...)
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a cat named Izzy. She's all glossy black except for a white triangle on her neck and an uneven sploth of white on her belly, sorta between her back legs. She liked to lie on her back and show off her white patch. She is 5 now. She makes me laugh all the time. She's the oddest cat I've ever owned. We play " hide and seek" and "chase me around the house". She loves to play rough with a leather glove on my hand. Attacks it as if it were an animal. Not a lap cat at all but she wants to be near me. She doesn't like to be touched except occassionally she will want her chin scratched. My new vet said she is an excessive groomer and when she's all clean she doesn't want any other odors on her fur. Her mom was a ferral cat who came to a house trailer in the country when she was about to give birth. Luckily the woman took her in and advertised on Free cycle to find homes for the kittens.

I've had 2 parakeets, 4 dogs, and many cats.... all at different times in my life. Each one is unique. I've enjoyed all the pet stories here and am impressed with the number of people who have rescue or shelter animal.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    We have two boxers, ages 3 and 4 that I absolutely adore! They are sisters, Josie and Lily, and are inseparable unless my husband and I are in different parts of the house, then the younger watches over me, while the older one watches over him. :) We do a lot of obedience training and they absolutely seem to know which night is class night because they dance and prance (more than usual) and keep running to the door when I get home from work. Sweetest, best behaved dogs in the world… but I am a little partial. LOL

We also have three parrots. An umbrella cockatoo, Saraphina, which I call the perpetual toddler. She loves to be loved, talks about herself ALL the time, and is always getting into something and into trouble! Tiffany is our sun conure. Funny, but demure, and loves to just hang out in our shirts. Aukee is a normal grey cockatiel, which we purchased for my husband's sister as a birthday gift and she adored and spoiled him. Unfortunately, she died of cancer :'( and we make sure he's living the good life now. He whistles and talks up a storm, especially around anyone who bears a resemblance to my husband's sister.

Past pets include my Hanna the Cat, whom I dearly loved for 19 years before her passing. Oh, heck, I better stop there before I make myself misty eyed!

P.S. All my pets' pictures are in my profile!
  • addaline22
    Options
    We rescured a lab and...? from the local shelter 2 years ago as a scared shakey younger dog and now she has turned into the best friend a family could ask for. so good with the kids, positively protective and love to play and go on walkies. She really has brought a sense of peace to me. We call her a 'story hound' because she like to hop up on the kids bed, when its story time at night, listens to the story and then leaves.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    We live on a hobby farm, so here goes:

A 12 year old Quarab mare named Charlotte. She was a rescue from the sale barn.
    A 5 year old Mustang mare named Gypsy. She is the one who broke my shoulder last year.
    A 16 year old Foxtrotter named EZ. He is my weight loss inspiration!

A rat terrier named Radar, a min-pin named Ellie, a pit named Happy, a daschund named Gabrielle (Xena died last year), a Rottweiler named SinJin ( I loved Airwolf growing up) a Shih-Tzu named Rocky.

Three Siamese cats named Geisha, Diamond and Sky and three outside kitties named Johnny (she's a girl), Ranger and Winky.

Three birds, Captain Morgan, Petrie and Cera.

Also, fish and chickens!
  • Midnight444
    Midnight444 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We have 2 dogs, 1 house kitty, 2 barn kitties, and 3 horses....

DOGS...
    Dexter is our boy brindle Pit Bull mix we rescued from an animal shelter. He's happy go lucky and laid back. Midnight is our girl black Doberman/Black Lab mix. She a but of a busy body and love to have things to do, like obedience training. We adopted her from Furry Friends Network.. They are both about 10 years old now...

KITTIES...
    Daisy is our house kitty. She's a grey tiger cat and the queen of the house... Our two barn kitties are Loverboy (LB for short), he's all black and a complete lovebug... and Ruby, she's a grey tiger kitty too, she's a bit shy. but sooo cute.

HORSES...
    Teddy is our bay Standardbred Gelding. He 26 now... He was trained to do harness racing when he was young but never actually raced... he came into our lives later.

Fritzy is our 12 year old Foundation Quarter Horse gelding... He's a horse of a different color... We've had him since he was 2 and he started out as a tawny buckskin/dun with a black dorsal strip, mane, tail and legs. He has become more white over the years and his tail is all white now, but his mane is still black... The color on his papers say that his is grey... His Mama was grey and the breeders knew that he would turn grey with age... Fritzy is a complete lovebug too... he is very affectionate and LOVES people and also talks to us alot too...

Otis (Otie) is our 14 year old black Percheron/Quarter Horse cross. We've had him since the end of 2009. Very quickly he established himself as leader of our little herd... He can be kind of bossy with the other two but they all get along now... He will be bossy with humans too if they don't make it clear that they are the one in charge and not Otie and the human is the one that will be making the decisions as far as what to do... It's funny though, because if you establish that with him, he is very submissive and so completely obedient...

Thanks for letting me share... Our furkids mean the world to me... I love to talk about them :wink:
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I currently share my living space with two cats...Sweetie Cat (My Little Buddy Sweetie Pie Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo Alien Cat) and Kit Kat, they are a bonded pair; and A tri-colored Betta named Jacob, Jake for short.

Sweetie was a replacement for 2 lost cats, one of whom was only 15 months old when lost (then lost a 3rd right after I got SC). Kit Kat is a rescue, whom I got to give the Sweetie Cat a playmate for he is rambunctious even at 8 years old! There are days when I'd love to give him away when his crying/constant meowing gets on my nerves. But I wouldn't trade them for anything. Sweetie Cat is White/Tabby with HUGE ears, he's a 'big ol' cat,' Kit Kat is Black/White, with the cutest face, ever.

I've also lived with mice (to entertain the cats), guinea pigs, hedgehogs (yes, they are the *coolest* pets) a variety of fish, once had a betta that would let me pet him...Not Kidding, I'd stroke his back while he floated at the top of his tank...Jake lets me know when he wants to be fed or get attention by getting "all hyper;" birds and dogs, tho' not many and not often.

I also volunteer with a local rescue sanctuary, I socialize the cats up for adoption at the Petsmart.

I also spent ~8 years of my childhood on a farm...so had all those animals as "pets" as well...cows, horses, *kitten*, ducks, chickens, pigs...pigs are a blast to ride, but are very prickly. Plus all the 'wild animals.'
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Cats:
    Luigi is 3. He's been blind since there was an accident at the vet when he was a kitten. He spent about a week in the ICU in an oxygen chamber, and then came home to me for some serious rehab (spoon feeding, drinking with a syringe..etc). But he's a very happy chubby kitty now.
    Deedee is 4,she's technically my boyfriends cat..but we're getting married so she's mine too! She's like the little queen of the house-sweet and aloof. She always sits in the window looking adorable when we come home.
    Roxanne and Elizabeth are kittens we adopted recently. They are the cuddliest cats we've ever had. Elizabeth follows Luigi around all day, and Roxanne lays on my chest at least 3-4 hours a day. Some days I can't get her to leave me alone...she's actually on me now. haha

Dog: Sophie is 7. We adopted her this year from a family that was moving across the country. She's half rottweiler. She is THE best behaved dog I have ever met. Very protective, very lovey, VERY adorable.

Hedgies: We have 2 hedgehogs who love to cuddle with each other (Isis and Aphia). If you know anything about hedgehogs you know how unusual it is for them to cuddle. Isis doesn't even hiss very much when you poke at her..and she likes to sleep in my hair.

We want to get a turtle, some fish, and another dog...but that'll be when we move out of an apartment into a house..soon :)
    Obviously we love animals :)

Oh man I would LOVE a hedgehog! One of the cutest animals ever, imo.

I love this thread. I especially love the stories of pets with special needs--that just really warms my heart. I am a huge animal lover and raise money for our local Humane Society each spring. If I could, I would have many more animals, but my apartment only allows one cat.

I have one cat, a 7 year old tabby named Mrs. Kensington. She has about a billion nicknames including Mrs. K, Kenzi, Kenzicat, Lil Mama, Meepers, Lil Butt, Stinkypoops, and Puss. She is the love of my life. Growing up we'd always had dogs as a family, and I had never been around many cats, and kind of assumed they didn't have personalities--how wrong I was! My now ex-boyfriend and I adopted Mrs. Kensington together from the Humane Society when she was a six-month-old very sickly kitty. She was my Christmas present, and definitely the best gift I've ever received. Her fur is this beautiful grey with charcoal grey strips, an off-white spotted belly, and gorgeous markings on her face including white eyeliner. She has the biggest jade green eyes I've ever seen. There are some pics of her on my profile. Mrs. Kensington is a tuna-holic!!! She flips out whenever I'm opening a can of anything with a can opener, because she thinks it's tuna. She loves to chase a laser pointer, sunbathe, lay on my chest nose-to-nose with me. She is extremely bonded to me, as I am to her, and we cuddle a lot. :)
  • LMPMOM4
    Options
    I am thoroughly enjoying reading all about your pets. I especially love how everyone really loves their animals. It does my heart good.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have two puggles (Wednesday and Eric) and two cats (Sorcha and Domino). That I have Wednesday is a true miracle. A few years ago in January I let her out into the back yard. She got out of the yard through a gap in the fence and got lost. Every day I would look for her, put posters up and leave posts on craigslist. Weeks turned into months, but I couldn't stop looking for her. I had crazy people contact me and tell me they used her to train their fighting pit bulls, or that she was hit by a plow and her body was in a snowbank. I had one person call me in the middle of the night and tell me they had her, and if I come NOW with the reward money I could have her. I went to the address and it was an empty house, my bf wouldn't let me get out of the car.

As spring came and the snow melted people started telling me to forget Wednesday, but I couldn't. One day in March I got a call from my neighbor, her daughter saw Wednesday running through the woods across the river from my house with a squirrel in her mouth! Through luck and kindness of co-workers I was able to leave work and I took to the woods and I found her! I could count every bone in her body and half her face was paralyzed, but I had my baby back in my arms. :love:

It's been two years since I found Wednesday again and she is happy and healthy and loves to go on hikes with me and her little brother Eric.

That story made me cry a lil. I'm so glad you found her. :flowerforyou:
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    We have two dogs - Bosco and Cassidy. They are two peas in a pod - they eat together, drink together (often out of the same dish at the same time), sleep together, and play together.

Bosco is a 2 year old Yellow Lab. He's dumb as rocks -- and I say that with all the love in my heart. At two years old, I still have to blockade my bed with storage containers... if I don't, he insists on getting under the bed. And then he gets stuck and barks until someone comes in and picks the bedframe up off of him. He's selfish. He doesn't like to share his toys, and he steals toys that other dogs are playing with. If I pay attention to the puppy, he barrels in between and insists on being petted instead; similarly, if I am hugging someone, he butts in between and insists on being petted. I like to think that what he doesn't have in intelligence is made up for in approachability and happiness. Bosco loves everything - strangers, old friends, toys, food, water, you name it. His tail wags so much that he rear end is almost constantly in motion. He is a bulky, village idiot of a dog but he has the best disposition.

His partner in crime is Cassidy, a not-quite-13-week-old Irish Setter. She's an attractive little pup, the runt of the litter. She is easily one of the smartest dogs I've ever seen. Training has been an absolute breeze because she is eager to please and smart as a whip. She is quite vocal - she will quickly let you know if you've been gone too long or if she needs to go outside. She is sneaky... she'll nuzzle open a closet door or slip into a small space when you're not paying attention. She is a brilliant running partner with boundless puppy energy. She's definitely my snuggler - she falls asleep best when at your feet or at your side or in your lap.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have 6 Betta's, they're a beautiful range of colors/tail types. I had 8 but I lost two of them a couple weeks ago. :( My son and I adopted a mouse.. our first fuzzy animal in 5yrs. My apartment rules are restrictive on pets.
  • Valleydachs
    Options
    I am an animal lover. And I love to talk with other people about their pets. So tell me about yours and I promise I won't get that far away glazed look while I secretely work out my grocery list.

FUNNY that you should say the above! Oh my goodness! People at work can go on and on and ON about their human children and about THEIR dogs or cats but I swear, when talk about MY dog, the glazed look comes upon them and I am rudely shut out each and every time I speak of my sweet little girly.

So, I would like to introduce the belly that graces my posts. This is Bonnie the Wienerdog. She came to us at age 10 through Foxy Doxy Dachshund Rescue. She came with a lot of issues and baggage but four years later, she is now a sweet, trusting little companion who loves belly rubs and belly zerberts. She likes most people but isn't fond of other dogs, hence she is an only doglet. She rarely barks and at almost 14, she's starting to slow down, takes lots of naps and gets frisky about 9:00 at night for a game of toss the lambie (her favorite stuffy). Bonnie, while not obese, is getting a little chunky in the middle so she is on her own diet of 1/2 ration of kibble supplemented with salt-free green beans. We have a ramp up to our bed and she cruises up and down at her leisure to snuggle with mommy and papa in the big bed.

Love my little girl and adore all dachsies. Hazel sounds like Sweetness itself. Thanks for starting this thread.
  • Missanticipated
    Options
    My gorgeous baby (yes she is like a child to me) is a dog called Gracie, she's a collie crossed with a whippet x springer. She's a rescue dog, we got her at 12 weeks old. My husband bought her for me for my 21 birthday present as a surprise and she's the best present I've ever had :) she has made so much progress since we got her! When I first got home and found my little bundle of fluff it took her over an hour to approach me she was incredibly nervous and scared. When she did approach me she rolled onto her back and got a belly rub and we've been best friends ever since. She is soo hyper, an absolute lunatic, very intelligent and very loving. We've had our ups and downs she has been so naughty at times, she's eaten all the cushions off my sofa, 2 pairs of shoes, my brand new trainers, her bed, blankets all the flowers out of our flower bed. Etc etc luckily she's grown out of this behavior. She's very clever I've taught her lots of tricks on top of the basic commands, she crawls, she twirls round on her hind legs, she can get each of the toys I ask her to get, she helps take my husbands dirty laundry to the basket, she rolls over, she will balance a treat on her nose till she's told to eat it, she gives high fives rather than paw and she will fall to the floor and play dead if you pretend to shoot her. I love her to bits! my hubby's in the army and is away a lot so she keeps me sane and also sleeps next to me in bed. I don't know what I'd do without her! Sorry I did go on a bit there, I hope I don't bore anyone lol :)
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    We have a 5 yr old Chocolate lab named Mocha ( we adopted her at 1 , we didn`t name her , lol ) ...... We also have a 7 yr old beagle named Angel ( Our kids named her ) ...... We have 2 cats, Carmine, a short haired black and white selkirk rex , and a feral short hair black female that we named Lilly. We have gotten her spayed after she had kittens. She comes in the house now , but not very friendly. She will let you pat her occasionally but she will shred you with claws if you try and pick her up.... She is an awesome mouse catcher !! : )

I've never heard of a selkirk rex....I'm going to have to google that :)
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I have 6 Betta's, they're a beautiful range of colors/tail types. I had 8 but I lost two of them a couple weeks ago. :( My son and I adopted a mouse.. our first fuzzy animal in 5yrs. My apartment rules are restrictive on pets.

Do you have a separate bowl for all of your betta's? We have some african ciclids and I've had a betta before but I was told they fight if you put more than one in a tank at a time.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Do you have a separate bowl for all of your betta's? We have some african ciclids and I've had a betta before but I was told they fight if you put more than one in a tank at a time.
    Yes they are all separate. They would in fact kill to the death/severely injured. My divider slipped once in my 7gal and one of my boys squeezed through and shredded my other boys fins. Thankfully no deaths but made sure I was extra careful the next time I cleaned the tank.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Being blind and deaf would be so difficult. It's awesome that you decided to take care of that one.

Blue was born deaf, but has no issues with sight. I get a lot of people asking if she is blind in one eye, though, due to her single bright blue eye and one dark brown eye. She is super friendly to everyone as long as they are not a squirrel. She likes going on walks, chasing laser pointers, and eating turkey with yogurt on top.
  • LMPMOM4
    Options
    Being blind and deaf would be so difficult. It's awesome that you decided to take care of that one.

Blue was born deaf, but has no issues with sight. I get a lot of people asking if she is blind in one eye, though, due to her single bright blue eye and one dark brown eye. She is super friendly to everyone as long as they are not a squirrel. She likes going on walks, chasing laser pointers, and eating turkey with yogurt on top.

I watched her on petfinder for a long time. She is what is called a double dapple. Darn breeders trying to get a certain look even though they know the possibility of genetic problems like blind/deaf is high. anyway, she needed a home and I promised my hubby I wouldn't ask for another baby if we got her :)

Have you taught Blue hand signals?
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    I have two fur covered little ones. The oldest is 16 pound orange domestic medium hair. He's got a checkup next week and will probably hear the same thing I have all my life, you need to lose more weight! He's lost two pounds this year so hopefully it won't be too bad.

My other little guy is 180 pound St. Bernard. Pictures on my profile. He's a really big baby and always has been. Loves to go for rides and shed and drool pretty much every place!