I've decided

Options
13»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there will be no Pacific northwest moving in my future, I play baseball, the rain out there would be the death of me.

As to Phoenix, I've had many a friend come back and say "NEVER, EVER go there, sheer boredom would drive you nuts", so I don't know. Although there are a few decent jobs out there. Why can't there be a kick *kitten* Sr. IT job in Miami or Houston or something, you know, something that pays 6 figures and challenges me! Then I would just have to find something else to ***** about, like the heat!

OH well, time to stop whining about my situation I guess. Twas fun, but I have bigger issues than a few sub-freezing days! Like studying for the stupid ACE Personal Trainer test!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,743 Member
    Options
    Convincing people it rains here all the time is part of our evil plot to keep so many people from moving here. :wink:

Good luck on your test. I'm sure you'll ace it! (Pun intended.)
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Convincing people it rains here all the time is part of our evil plot to keep so many people from moving here. :wink:

bah, that was horrible.

Oh and continuing my rant, today it was a balmy 5 degrees Fahrenheit out, with a wind chill making it -9 degrees. Ugh! Thank you indoor plumbing! How did people do it back then?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,743 Member
    Options

bah, that was horrible.

Oh and continuing my rant, today it was a balmy 5 degrees Fahrenheit out, with a wind chill making it -9 degrees. Ugh! Thank you indoor plumbing! How did people do it back then?
    Hey, what do you expect before 6:30 a.m.? :laugh:

We had temps in the teens a week or so ago, but it was clear and sunny. Now it's raining and near 50. I'll take rain any day over that bitter cold!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    What about Denver? It's great here. People think it's cold and snowy. I'm not going to lie and tell you we don't get snow or cold temps but overall it's beautiful. The sun shines almost every day and if it does snow it's gone within hours. Even if we get lots of snow it melts within a few days.

I have done 4 marathons, 3 of them required training through the winter. I've done training runs in December in shorts. We had a nasty cold spell last week (I think it's going through the midwest now) but this week has been in the 50's and sunny! It's great.

There is so much to do you won't get bored and the open space and bike paths will spoil you rotten.

I think there quite a few IT jobs here too! The job market isn't as bad here as it is in other places.

Shhhh! We want to keep that a secret, don't we? Don't let the world know how great we've got it here! Let them keep thinking its a frozen wasteland here! :wink:

You're right! Scratch everything I said! Denver sucks! Tons of snow and nothing to do.

THATS BETTER! :bigsmile: Glad you found and read the memo! Remember when Gov. Owens said that all of Colorado was burning a few summers ago? He knew what to say to keep those easterners out of here! :laugh: Especially RED SOX FANS! After what they did to our Rockies in the World Series :brokenheart: , we don't need no stinkin' Red Sox lovers out here! :grumble:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

THATS BETTER! :bigsmile: Glad you found and read the memo! Remember when Gov. Owens said that all of Colorado was burning a few summers ago? He knew what to say to keep those easterners out of here! :laugh: Especially RED SOX FANS! After what they did to our Rockies in the World Series :brokenheart: , we don't need no stinkin' Red Sox lovers out here! :grumble:

I could never move to denver anyway, I'm an ocean boy, born and raised near the sea. I've never lived more than 30 minutes from the ocean, and never really want to. Well, I guess maybe a great lake would be ok, but probably not.
  • pinkhuntinggirl13
    Options
    Well....I guess I'd have to laugh at EVERY last one of you guys! hehe I live in Manitoba just outside of Winnipeg! hahah You want to talk about cold.....how about having to go to school in -50 degree C weather and then having to wait outside for 20 mins. in t-shirts because the fire system thinks that cold air intake means fire! Then we have to walk to the arena dressed as we are! HA HA HA!!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Well....I guess I'd have to laugh at EVERY last one of you guys! hehe I live in Manitoba just outside of Winnipeg! hahah You want to talk about cold.....how about having to go to school in -50 degree C weather and then having to wait outside for 20 mins. in t-shirts because the fire system thinks that cold air intake means fire! Then we have to walk to the arena dressed as we are! HA HA HA!!!!

Yes but I'll mirror my prior statements, you live in CANADA! Cold is expected. N.E. was never this cold this early when I was younger damn it!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    That's why they call it WINTERpeg! While I've had the pleasure of experiencing Winterpeg in February, I'm not going to try to compete with your cold!! You experience a very dry cold, we here in Montreal get that wet cold which hits you right in the bones.

On the plus side - we don't get those yucky weird killer spiders/snakes etc... Everything dies in the winter.:laugh:
  • pinkhuntinggirl13
    Options
    That's why they call it WINTERpeg! While I've had the pleasure of experiencing Winterpeg in February, I'm not going to try to compete with your cold!! You experience a very dry cold, we here in Montreal get that wet cold which hits you right in the bones.

On the plus side - we don't get those yucky weird killer spiders/snakes etc... Everything dies in the winter.:laugh:

That's SO true!! Everything does die which is very nice - we don't have to worry about that stuff!

We do expect cold though which makes it easier - but that doesn't make it like it anymore we got 1 1/2 feet of snow last night!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Yes but I'll mirror my prior statements, you live in CANADA! Cold is expected. N.E. was never this cold this early when I was younger damn it!

Expected, but not enjoyed. Believe me. Unless you ski, snowmobile, snowboard or some other winter-dependent sport, then it's pretty much guaranteed that you're hating life by mid-January. lol
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

Expected, but not enjoyed. Believe me. Unless you ski, snowmobile, snowboard or some other winter-dependent sport, then it's pretty much guaranteed that you're hating life by mid-January. lol

Brenda - you should try it with two really young ones! I never really got "cabin fever" until I had kids.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You know...I live in Western Canada and it was -35 here last week..so I am not really feeling your pain.
    I'm in North eastern BC.... <<snip>>
    Like I would move to a country that I blame all the world's wrong doings on. LOL!
    and ahh, being below zero doesn't make the rest of us warm, it just makes all you people crazier!
    You ""blame all the world's wrong doings on"" Canada? Really? Canada?
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Sheila: Times have changed
    Our kids are getting worse
    They won't obey their parents
    They just want to fart and curse!
    Sharon: Should we blame the government?
    Liane: Or blame society?
    Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?
    Sheila: No, blame Canada
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
    And flapping heads so full of lies
    Blame Canada
    Sheila: We need to form a full assault
    Everyone: It's Canada's fault!
    Sharon: Don't blame me
    For my son Stan
    He saw the darn cartoon
    And now he's off to join the Klan!
    Liane: And my boy Eric once
    Had my picture on his shelf
    But now when I see him he tells me to **** myself!
    Sheila: Well, blame Canada
    Sheila: It seems that everything's gone wrong
    Since Canada came along
    Blame Canada
    Copy Guy: They're not even a real country anyway
    Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true,
    Instead he burned up like a piggy on the barbecue
    Everyone: Should we blame the matches?
    Should we blame the fire?
    Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
    Sheila: heck no!
    Blame Canada
    Sheila: With all their hockey hullabaloo
    Liane: And that ***** Anne Murray too
    Shame on Canada
    For...
    The smut we must stop
    The trash we must bash
    The Laughter and fun
    Must all be undone
    We must blame them and cause a fuss
    Before somebody thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    You know...I live in Western Canada and it was -35 here last week..so I am not really feeling your pain.
    I'm in North eastern BC.... <<snip>>
    Like I would move to a country that I blame all the world's wrong doings on. LOL!
    and ahh, being below zero doesn't make the rest of us warm, it just makes all you people crazier!
    You ""blame all the world's wrong doings on"" Canada? Really? Canada?

Yep.