98 lbs to go, so happy it passed the triple digits!

Options
124»

Replies

• jntokun10
    Options
    I think weekends are the hardest on everyone! The social gatherings, the movie munchies, the boredom munchies, the NO REASON at all muchies, the rewarding yourself a good week munchies lol... this weekend I was so proud of myself, my husband wanted to order pizza saturday because I was running non stop all day an to tired to cook... I actually rejected his idea and cooked bison burgers and veggies instead!!!

My downfall is late night... we do not go to bed like normal people at 10-10:30, its more like 12-1 am and by 11 I am starving again and so I think just a fewwww rice cakes... half the bag later yeah well you know the story! So I'm working on changing that.. everytime I want to eat bad, I do 10 minutes of some sort of exercise and after that if I still want it then I eat it, generally speaking after you kick your own butt doing a 10 min spurt, you don't want the bad stuff anymore...

I think ok if I eat this then I have to do 90 minutes of that just to burn that off and OMG I do not want 90 minutes just to comp for that candy bar or that pizza or dip an chips... doesn't always work but most times it does lol
  • jntokun10
    Options
    thanks! I absolutely don't feel alone in what I need to lose, I just sometimes feel alone in trying to change it. I wish to God there was someone in the St. Charles area that had the same desire to lose weight and get fit/healthy. I know I have better more consistent results when you have a workout buddy!
  • jntokun10
    Options
    You are absolutely correct and I agree 100%... that's why I show up at the park alone to workout, I show up in my garage/gym alone or my basement... and when our schedules mesh my husband shows up too, he's 100% supportive and is a blessing! That doesn't change the loneliness or the temptations one feels when everyone around you can eat whatever they want whenever they want... so me wishing for a workout buddy or someone to be accountable to is more on the end of having someone not tempt me with junkfood an instead tempt me to do ten extra push ups or something ... hope that makes sense!

But I LOVE your thought process and couldn't agree more!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your milestone loss!! More than halfway there! Good for you!!
  • jntokun10
    Options
    Congrats on the loss..that is so inspirational! I just started and have about 140 to go..reading your post gives me SO MUCH inspiration that it can be done!

Maybe we could create a group? Long Haul Losers? LOL!

OMG we should do it!!! I have no idea how but it would definitely be a hoot lol...