T.H.E. Team Week 46--New members are welcome!

Options
Welcome to the group THE. The name says it all-Trying Hard Everyday is what we do. We are always welcoming new members to the thread. We share stories, and we share success. Christmas is right around the corner and I know it's going to be hard for some of us out there controlling those cravings and the urge to over eat. Having a good support system is very important right now. This group has been around for 46 weeks.

This is how we post on Fridays. I grabbed some posts from the previous thread for today's weigh in.

Pinbotchick SW 237; GW 140; CW 211 = 3 pound loss this week
GuidosGal (Pam) SW 224 GW 165 CW 188= 3 pounds byebye
jlb123 SW 270; GW 150; CW 230.2 = 3.4 pound loss
Pawprint-sw 168, gw 130, cw 145= 2 pound loss

We copy and paste the list while adding to it.
sw is starting weight
gw is goal weight
cw is current weight.

We also have some holiday challenges going on that spice things up a little and puts a little more motivation into it.
Pawprint lose 15 pounds by Christmas, I have 5 more pounds to go.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it.... I haven't been using the same scale because it's at work and I work outside and I have like 10 extra pounds of layers and boots and stuff on...so I have to strip down basically to like nothing lol and it's kinda cold at work in the room where the scale is lol.. but the scale at home has always been in the same ball park... so I'm not holding anything accurate until I can weigh in at work. The scale at home has me almost at 142 but I think it's under what I really am. Who knows. I'm going to try to weigh in tonight.

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the holiday challenge. I'm 0.2 away from my New Year's goal. So, I'm sure I'll make that. I had set a more aggressive goal of 225 a couple months ago and I may even make that one! I doubt it, but I'm still going for it. :smile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Oh yes, the holiday challenge. I'm 0.2 away from my New Year's goal. So, I'm sure I'll make that. I had set a more aggressive goal of 225 a couple months ago and I may even make that one! I doubt it, but I'm still going for it. :smile:

All you can do is try. I don't know if I'm going to make mine or not..but I'm going to keep trying. That's all that you can do. Your doing a great job already and still going tough... don't back out now!!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I would love to join the group. My name is Lauren. I'm 24 yrs. old and 5'0".

CW: 143
    GW: 115
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Welcome jzbaby626 (Lauren) I love this group. There are a bunch of great gals here. Good luck with your journey.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lauren :flowerforyou: Nice of you to join us. I am pretty new to this group but they are a very awsome group of people :smile: My name is Pam
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    For the starting weight- is that what I started at when I joined MFP or what I am starting at for this group? I wasn't sure.
    If its what I weighed when I started on MFP then its:

SW: 150; CW:143; GW: 115
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    For the starting weight- is that what I started at when I joined MFP or what I am starting at for this group? I wasn't sure.
    If its what I weighed when I started on MFP then its:

SW: 150; CW:143; GW: 115

I kept mine from when I started MFP. I think that's the best way to go about it and that way you really know how your doing....
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Starting weight 149
    Goal weight 130
    Current weight 141 (-1) :smile:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Kelly, you seem to be the glue that is keeping this group together. I decided to not worry about my weight until after the holidays and after i get well. I am now dealing with my son having a hernia and needing surgery by the end of the month. Too much stress with me being ill and now him with the surgery. I promise to get back on track after the holidays and after i get this all done.

Welcome new ones. Good luck and help liven up this group. So many have gotten off track and seemed to have left. Stick with it and encourage one another and hopefully when we arrive at our goals we will have all of you to thank for it. Keep smiling and eating healthy!!'

Deb
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Congrats on everyone's losses. It seems like we all had a great week. I have decided to just maintain for the next week and resume weight loss after Christmas. I want to enjoy my family. I am not sure how I will do being out of town for 4 days. I will have to weigh in on Sat next week but I may choose to skip the weigh in and wait until New Year's day. I am sure to be up water weight from eating out and other peoples cooking. I just cant believe that Christmas is less than a week away. At least my shopping is done and the gifts are wrapped. Now I just have to pack and figure out how to workout at my in-laws home. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Kelly, you seem to be the glue that is keeping this group together. I decided to not worry about my weight until after the holidays and after i get well. I am now dealing with my son having a hernia and needing surgery by the end of the month. Too much stress with me being ill and now him with the surgery. I promise to get back on track after the holidays and after i get this all done.

Welcome new ones. Good luck and help liven up this group. So many have gotten off track and seemed to have left. Stick with it and encourage one another and hopefully when we arrive at our goals we will have all of you to thank for it. Keep smiling and eating healthy!!'

Deb

Awe Bee--- I'm sorry to hear about your son. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. You get back on track when your ready. If your heart isn't all there, then your only going to set yourself up to fail... and we don't want that so when your ready then your ready. :smile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Congrats on everyone's losses. It seems like we all had a great week. I have decided to just maintain for the next week and resume weight loss after Christmas. I want to enjoy my family. I am not sure how I will do being out of town for 4 days. I will have to weigh in on Sat next week but I may choose to skip the weigh in and wait until New Year's day. I am sure to be up water weight from eating out and other peoples cooking. I just cant believe that Christmas is less than a week away. At least my shopping is done and the gifts are wrapped. Now I just have to pack and figure out how to workout at my in-laws home. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

Good idea... this is a time when we should be enjoying things. Maintaining sounds like a great idea. That's probably what I will end up trying to do. Your so lucky that you have all your gifts wrapped.... I'm gonna be a last minute shopper this year lol.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    So who has snow this morning?? We have about an inch maybe a tad more here in Ohio.

Last night I did the ab ripper work out from p90x... holy crap am I feeling it this morning... I'm feeling good, a little sore... Hoping that I can give it another try tomorrow. I got this baby flab that I need to get rid of... anyone else ever try anything involving the p90x system?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    pawprint - I have not tried p90x but it is on my to do list. I have SOOOOOOOOO much weight to loose that I figured I had better get closer to my goal weight before trying it. I failed at doing Jillian's 30 day shred (my 40 yr old body just couldn't take the high impact jumping), so I better get in better shape before trying p90x. I want to do it to tone up.... On a positive note, I completed week 4 of C25K and got my 2 mile time down to 26 min 8 sec - YEAH. I am not sure about what to do next week. I may do week 4 one more day (Mon) and then wait until next Sat to start week 5. My in-laws don't have a treadmill and my husband is concerned about safety if I run in an unfamiliar area that my not be the safest... I plan to have my mother-in-law see if the track at the local high school is open or closed. That would be a safer way to go.

You asked about snow... We have about 2 ft on the ground - in northern MI near Mackinaw... Thankfully, no new snow the last 4 days. I would be happy to send you some snow :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    pawprint - I have not tried p90x but it is on my to do list. I have SOOOOOOOOO much weight to loose that I figured I had better get closer to my goal weight before trying it. I failed at doing Jillian's 30 day shred (my 40 yr old body just couldn't take the high impact jumping), so I better get in better shape before trying p90x. I want to do it to tone up.... On a positive note, I completed week 4 of C25K and got my 2 mile time down to 26 min 8 sec - YEAH. I am not sure about what to do next week. I may do week 4 one more day (Mon) and then wait until next Sat to start week 5. My in-laws don't have a treadmill and my husband is concerned about safety if I run in an unfamiliar area that my not be the safest... I plan to have my mother-in-law see if the track at the local high school is open or closed. That would be a safer way to go.

You asked about snow... We have about 2 ft on the ground - in northern MI near Mackinaw... Thankfully, no new snow the last 4 days. I would be happy to send you some snow :bigsmile:

I didn't realize that you lived near Mackinaw. I want to visit the Island so bad. My boyfriend went there a while couple years ago and said it's just gorgeous. You can keep your snow by the way lol..

I started cardio right off the bat when I started down this life st lye path and quickly learned that I wasn't ready. My knees too have issues with the jumping. But the ab ripper part of the p90x is all on the floor... So it was nice to give the knees a rest... the whole work out is centered around your abs and core... my legs do feel it a bit like around my thighs... We'll see....
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies and Happy Weekend.
    Its a wonderful foggy day here in northern Cal (guees the San Fran fog moved up the coast for a Holiday visit) I think that to mantain for the Holiday is a very good Idea (much less stress) I figure if I can loss abit yeah but if I dont thats ok to. I am so ready for Christmas. Baked 10 dozen cookies for my daughters school and some compant (figured out how many cals in a cookie (90) and they are only one bite cookies, totally kept me from eating more than one) :bigsmile: Hope all of you have a completely awsome week and remember to relax and enjoy the fact that you are are beautifully wonderful people :flowerforyou:
    Happy Holidays
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hey all.
    Most of our snow is starting to melt... our whole half inch I think lol. I'm finally getting my own tape measure this week. I can't wait. I know it's only a dollar or something small but for some reason when ever I remember that I need one, I have no money on me. Silly.. But I'm getting it when I go shopping this week for a few last minute things. I'm excited. I don't think I've lost much in inches, but it's been several months since I've measured. I was borrowing one from some one and then kinda gave up... long story. So I'm getting one. This way I can measure before I really start my new ab work out routine. I kinda want get an estimate of where I am so I can see where I am after.

Later gaters
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    pawprint - you will love the tape measure. I hope you lose lots with the ab workout. Too bad your snow is melting. I figure if your are going to get snow, it should be enough to play in - that's why I love living in northern MI. We spent 45 min snow shoeing at one of the local parks - the woods were beautiful with snow covered pine trees. No one else was out so we let the dog run free - he had to hop like a bunny since the snow was deeper than his legs were long. It was hilarious.

guidosgal - 90 cal in 1 cookie :noway: - I hope they were delicious.

Well, I am off to do some paperwork for my job :grumble:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    pawprint - you will love the tape measure. I hope you lose lots with the ab workout. Too bad your snow is melting. I figure if your are going to get snow, it should be enough to play in - that's why I love living in northern MI. We spent 45 min snow shoeing at one of the local parks - the woods were beautiful with snow covered pine trees. No one else was out so we let the dog run free - he had to hop like a bunny since the snow was deeper than his legs were long. It was hilarious.

guidosgal - 90 cal in 1 cookie :noway: - I hope they were delicious.

Well, I am off to do some paperwork for my job :grumble:

I have only measured a couple times. It's been over two months... But I can't wait. I also hope I start toning up.. I'm so tired of this baby pudge... I don't care if I never have 6 pack abs... no biggie I just want the pudge gone lol.

I have an aunt who lives in Maryland.. she uploaded pics on her face book page and she got a ton of snow... Snow shoeing sounds like so much fun and I can believe that it burns a bunch of calories... I would love to give it a try one day.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Takes a big breath and lets it out in a lonnnnnng sigh......

Well, Ive finally changed my ticker. Ate really good in Baltimore when I was there a week ago and still managed to gain 4lbs on my trip. Not sure what the heck is up with that, but oh well! Came home, started baking goodies for my friends hubby who is in iraq. I sent him 2 big flat rate priority mail boxes full of goodies.. everything from peanut butter balls to chocolate covered pretzels and cookies. I spent 2 days baking and yes, I ate WAY too much of the stuff myself cuz... well I only make these once a year and couldnt help it.. :sad: Lucky for me, the rest went bye bye cuz if they had landed in my freezer, Id be 10lbs heavier by next week. LOL!

HAVE managed to get some time in on the wii. Its been really nasty wet weather for the past week, so Im not venturing out to walk as much. Diego HATES the rain and refuses to even step a paw out the door unless I take him out and MAKE him put his feet in the wet grass. LOL then he gives in and goes so he can run to the back door! I update my ticker to match what the wii says I weigh. My scale is pretty close but Im thinking the wii is more accurate. I have the wii fit plus and told hubby that I want the wii active to go with it. I do like it..the hula hoop challenge is HARD and I finally got up to doing it for 6 minutes straight before I collapse on the couch and let someone else have a turn.. LOL We unlocked the 10 minute level, so Im trying that this week for more of a challenge. I REALLY like what its doing for my butt and abs. Youd be surprised how many muscles you use in your upper abs, butt, thighs, ect to hulahoop...the first couple days I was dyin but I can tell that the motion is doing good things for me.

No Snow for us yet. They said we were gonna get some last weekend but it didnt happen. Its just been monsooning as usual. :ohwell: Maryland did get alot of snow! In fact it snowed a couple days while we were there, but not in downtown. My friend lives in Pikesville and they got about 2 inches one night when we were there to visit. Surprised us when we went to leave that there was snow on the ground.