Ladies, if you have a job interview do you wear pants

Or a skirt/dress??

Replies

• lovarie
    lovarie Posts: 15 Member
    I wear a suit, either a pantsuit or a skirt suit, depending on how I feel and the weather.
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    i wear a suit. either skirt, dress or pants depending on the job and the weather.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I wear a suit with pants and heels.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member
    I usually wear a black pant suit with a colorful top underneath the blazer. I go with what makes me comfortable. Pants for me are more comfortable than skirts.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I have always worn a suit with pants or a skirt. It really depends on where you are interviewing. Most places these days don't discredit a woman wearing pants, but a lot of law firms and investment banks still view skirts more favorably, as do well-established companies that are run by older men.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Definately pants. I never wear skirts unless it's laundry day...
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Pant suit.. every single time!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    I always wear a suit with a skirt, not pants.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    There are some arguments against wearing skirts simply because your outfit should be asexual...

I have not found that to be the case. I have always worn a nice skirt and blouse with not too tall heels....

I got follow-up interviews and I got my job that way. I am not sure it matters. Whatever you are comfortable in.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Pencil skirt with blouse and heels.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    before and after the interview.....but not during........wait wut?
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member

I got follow-up interviews and I got my job that way. I am not sure it matters. Whatever you are comfortable in.

I agree with this. Whatever you are more comfortable and present the best in. Since I wear dress pants more than skirts into the office, that's what I'm more confident in.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    I wear a skirt and matching jacket and random blouse, I tend towards purple or any bright colour to stand out from all the white and black. I try to have some form of colour on as it'll create something different about you, visually, and they'll think 'oh yes, the one with the purple blouse that said XYZ'
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 682 Member
    before and after the interview.....but not during........wait wut?

^ this, but leave the heels on the whole time regardless.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Whatever looks best on you. I think pants are OK.

I look AWFUL in a suit. My last interview, I wore an ankle-length, flowy skirt with a shell top and non-traditional jacket with wedge heels. The woman who is now my boss road down with me in the elevator and told me that although they still had interviews to conduct, at that time I was their first choice.

Obviously, I got the job. :-)

I've never worn pants, but I also never wear what one would call a suit. Just as long as you're put-together and look professional.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Skirt suit with heels.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Yes I wear pants.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Depends on the weather but I prefer pants with a nice top and blazer. I think it makes me look more professional. And with skirts I have to worry about sitting properly and I'm already worrying about so much when I go for an interview. Pants are easier for me. :P
  • rumor23
    rumor23 Posts: 21 Member
    Black dress pants, conservative blouse, small heel. I am more comfortable and it makes me more relaxed at the interview as well as looking professional.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    I wear pants. Pretty much all the time. And heels, eventhough they make my feet want to explode.