Question for the ladies

Options
bradp1979
bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
So at the gym, there's this really attractive woman who I see glancing at me occasionally when she think I don't notice. So although mid-workout isn't exactly the time and or place to meet someone, I've been considering approaching her. If someone at the gym that you found attractive approached you and said "I generally prefer to get to know someone better before they see me covered in sweat, but I'd love to get to know you in a more appropriate setting. How about coffee sometime?"

I know the ramifications if she isn't interested in me, since we tend to be at the gym at the same time around 4 times a week, but I almost feel like I'll kick myself in the *kitten* if I don't try. Any advice?

Replies

• RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    go for it!
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    dooo it!
    theres nothing to lose
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep it light and don't seem like you're crowding her like a creeper, I don't see why not!
    If she says no (more fool her!), then just say "Okay, couldn't hurt to try :smile: " and go back to your work out. Try some flexing to make her quibbly, she might change her mind :wink:

Let us know how it goes!
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Agreed. The worst that could happen is that she says no and you go back to being strangers. What's the harm in asking? :D
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Could hurt to ask...the feeling of not asking would eat at you lol...do it!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt suggest approaching her like that but that's just me and i tend to be super flirty 99% of the time except for the gym since i'm usually really focused in the gym and dont want to stop and chit chat even if it were idris elba or christian bale :laugh:

if you see her regularly then next time why not just go up to her and tell her her routine looks interesting (if it actually does look interesting) and ask her what it is.

spark a conversation first centered around work out stuff and if she's interested she'll respond back. after that the next time you see her you can maybe ask her out for a post workout smoothie on the next workout or something like that.
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's a good line, I'd bite :)

When will you ask her?

Whether I said "yes" or "no" I REALLY wouldn't want the guy who just asked to remain directly in view for the rest of my workout. I like to grin foolishly without being observed (and who doesn't grin foolishly when complimented like that?)

On the other hand, if you asked right at the end of my workout, you'd get a hippopotamus stare and a wheezing "huff huff eh? what? huff huff" so you definitely have to pick the right moment. Good luck!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well she'll probably be flattered ;)
    Go for it
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    DO IT

lifes short.
  • Kishafm
    Kishafm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The pick-up line I find humorous and appropriate for the setting. I will say you have some sexy, or some swagger cause some not women may find the line a bit offensive.
  • D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just say "hi" next time you meet again, as if you already know each other? Seems natural to me if you meet so often there. And then next time again and then that might lead (naturally) to a longer conversation. Asking her out could wait until you're sure, imo.

I'm greeting a few people in the gym who I meet more often (actually mostly women, as i think about it, but that doesn't really matter - it's just the regular basis we meet that leads to a regular greeting).

I walk from home to work. There was a guy I met everyday, walking in the opposite direction. One day one of us just smiled (it was kinda funny really) and we just started to say "hello" to eachother. Never stopped to meet and talk, but it's just nice to get a free smile at 7 am. Now I meet one girl everyday on the same way. She's looking too serious and we don't say hello...

Good luck! :)
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    One of the sexiest things about a first approach is CONFIDENCE. Go for it and don't doubt yourself. Good luck.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Do it. And I like your aproach. You'd definitely get me to agree if you aproached me this way:) Good luck!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    There's no better way to meet someone with common interests than when you are doing something you enjoy.

Strike up a conversation. Wosrt case scenario is you have a friend at the gym. Best case scenario is you have a partner that likes to join you at the gym.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    There's no better way to meet someone with common interests than when you are doing something you enjoy.

Strike up a conversation. Wosrt case scenario is you have a friend at the gym. Best case scenario is you have a partner that likes to join you at the gym.

this.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I honestly think you should go for it, personally i would take it as a compliment for sure if all else. It cant hurt to try and you might just form a good friendship if all else fails... Its always nice to have people in your life that are interested in the same things you are. Good Luck!!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You do not know until you try it
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Do it. Your approach isn't the typical sleazy one that might be expected at the gym.

Women love a confident man. Do it. If she says no, then boo. But I bet she won't.
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't go for that pick up line. I'd be a bit worried about some one trying to pick me up at the gym randomly, I'd be thinking I wonder if he tries to chat up all the girls that come here.
    Have you spoke to her at all before?
    Not sure about other girls but for me I need to know someone is not a sleaze looking for a one night stand.
    Maybe next time you see her just say hi and then the next time say hi how are you.
    Start talking to her, get to know her. Take things slow.
    Instead of pick up lines just talk to her, become her friend find out if you have anything in common. Just my opinion, I don't know her so it's hard to give advice on what kind of thing she likes.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Do it. Your approach isn't the typical sleazy one that might be expected at the gym.

Women love a confident man. Do it. If she says no, then boo. But I bet she won't.

Yep - Go for it! Good luck man!