Help..I need ONE meal for a week

Options
13»

Replies

• TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We have been known to eat several meals in a week off of a pork shoulder roast cooked in a crockpot with somewhat Cuban style seasonings. The pork cooks down tender to falling apart into shreds and we then made the following with it over the course of 7-10 days (leftovers in the freezer after a couple of days and reheated as needed):

Burritos or Tacos

Southwest Salad (Greens, tomatoes, green onions, seasoned pinto beans, shredded pork, & salsa)

Pork Stuffed Chiles (I use New Mexico Hatch Chiles, Pablanos, or Anchos) w/ Mexican Corn

Cuban Sandwiches

On FoodNetwork.com search for "The Ultimate Cuban Sandwich". I use the pork part of the recipe as a guideline, though my pork shoulder is usually more like 3 - 3.5 pounds, so I double the seasonings and cooking liquids and I cook it in a crock-pot, all day on low, not a pressure cooker. I don't actually make sandwiches as it describes.
  • diva7531
    diva7531 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I get the thin sliced chicken from BJ's and marinate it in Lawrys lemon n pepper and grill it. I can eat that all week. Over a salad, with veggies, on a sand which, in a taco. Very versatile. Sometimes I get crazy and use the teriyaki.
  • racbergs
    Options
    1lb lean ground turkey
    1/2 c chunky salsa
    1 can black beans
    Whatever spices/ seasonings you have lying around, I use onion powder and poultry seasoning

Brown the meat, then turn on low and add the rest of the ingredients. Let it heat for a few minutes and viola!
    Makes 8 servings and you can have burritos (use a large lettuce leaf if you don't want the extra carbs / calories from a wrap) or put it on a salad or make a sandwich or whatever you want :)
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I like to cook chicken breast in the crockpot with a little chicken broth a sliced onion and some salt, pepper and garlic. It seasons it nicely for whatever you want to make with it for the week. I dice it or shred it. You can make chili out of it. Burritos, mexican casseroles, fajitas, barbecue sandwiches, quesidillas-mexican or pizza style. Add to rice with a veggie or some peanuts. Luckily there are a lot of choices and they aren't all mexican,lol.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Thank you all for the wonderful ideas!
    I needed the help AND the inspiration to get up and start making healthy meals!

If anyone else feels like contributing any healthy meals I can eat all week, please add your ideas!

All ideas and help is much appreciated!!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bump
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has some yummy looking chicken recipes- one I got was Chicken enchilaa stuffed zucchini boats however I DID make some changes to my recipe but plan on making it this weekend
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You can do a million things with chicken. I'll cook up a bunch on the weekend and use it in salads, soups, sandwiches, ect. throughout the week.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump