how about the venus index?

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member

this.

Programming doesn't cost that kind of money. Especially not a broad program that "works for everyone". You can pay professional athletes less than this for programming that comes with nutrition and weekly chats.

I feel bad for the people who fall for it, and I'm kind of bummed the mods allow idiots to advertise for them on this site.

• this.

Programming doesn't cost that kind of money. Especially not a broad program that "works for everyone". You can pay professional athletes less than this for programming that comes with nutrition and weekly chats.

I feel bad for the people who fall for it, and I'm kind of bummed the mods allow idiots to advertise for them on this site.

It's really no different than people talking about/comparing their successes with any other program, like 30 Day Shred, Insanity, or P90X.

I am looking for feedback from people who have tried this program.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member

this.

It's really no different than people talking about/comparing their successes with any other program, like 30 Day Shred, Insanity, or P90X.

There are certain basic fundamentals of weightlifting that will be present in any good lifting program, which is really all that you need as a beginner. Your success with a given program will depend on your adherence, not the program itself. Why waste money if you don't have to?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    $600?!? Holy Hell!

If you want a weight room experience and your goal is to lift heavy I will always recommend New Rules of Lifting For Women. If you're concerned about form take the other $590 (if you buy it on kindle) to buy sessions with a trainer that you can use to walk you through the proper form for the various lifts at the beginning of each stage. (the book does talk you through it and give you examples too)

If you want mucsle endurance and a cardio experience I recommend either the Les Mills Body Pump group fit classes, or the Les Mills Body Pump DVD Program.
  • ilovedeadlifts

except the p90x people aren't giving links to the program or posting the website on their profiles.

beachbody coaches catch hell from forum members too, so we aren't just picking on the venus index people. Anyone who tries to make money off of garbage usually gets their *kitten* handed to them.

Either way. I apologize for trying to save you hundreds of dollars / or preventing your advertisement thread......whichever situation it may be...you pick.
  • krys65
    krys65 Posts: 12 Member
    you will love it... and the fact is, it's more about changing your eating habits and understanding your body. the support you get from all who are on those forums is genuine, no BS and supportive rather than getting all defensive about this diet or that diet, or mocking you for making a decision based on your own body. the proof is in the pics... none of them got there easily, but they explain and support you throughout the entire process no matter where you are at now. It's all about encouragement, honest and friendly assistance and a group will to succeed.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member

This. And when you can no longer make gains with SS, but the 5/3/1 ebook or PHAT, or Madcow's for free or Practical Programming for Texas method depending on your goals and what you like. Someone could basically use some 5/3/1 template for their entire life just switching templates as they progress.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    $600?!? Holy Hell!

If you want a weight room experience and your goal is to lift heavy I will always recommend New Rules of Lifting For Women. If you're concerned about form take the other $590 (if you buy it on kindle) to buy sessions with a trainer that you can use to walk you through the proper form for the various lifts at the beginning of each stage.

If you want mucsle endurance and a cardio experience I recommend either the Les Mills Body Pump group fit classes, or the Les Mills Body Pump DVD Program.

I got the package last year and it looks like the price has gone way up but it's high in demand and they offer something all the others don't. In order to understand exactly what you might have to get the basic and get into the forum to find out. No way am I going to try to explain all the stuff you get. I'm not a seller and it's not worth my time. It's not just a workout. It is access to leading edge research, podcasts, The Reverse Taper Diet, and a ton of other stuff. Personally it was well worth the price to me because, well I have a new life now and I have tools for life and access to incredible information from some guys very very educated and passionate. They worked hard and if they make money they deserve it for the awesomeness they have brought into the world. I have some destiny that I know in my gut has noting to do with selling someone elses products.

If you are doing so great with whatever you are doing keep doing it. But if you flounder like I did for 15 years and reach the end of the rope, well just the basic product got me from a size 8 to a size 2 and I'm happy and the price of the rest of the product was worth it to me because it's all still helping me keep what I achieved. Like I said I don't care if they make money, they gave me what I wanted, a new me, a new life, my own destiny.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    every.single.post....sounds exactly like an ad.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    I had the TV to myself one morning and was overwhelmed by infomercials - diets and workouts, and even the kitchen gadgets emphasing how their product can be used to make health food (like Green smoothies).

I say, if you have the money, do what makes you happy. If you find a workout that is fun and you can stick with, then it's all worth it. If you find a diet program that teaches you how to eat right, and maintain it, it's worth it.

It really is as easy as - move more/workout effectively, eat less/eat real food. I hate that it took me this long to figure that out, and I feel bad for the folks that are looking for quick fixes.

So, if Venus helps you get on track, and you can afford to spend the $40 or the $600 - do it and enjoy. If you want less expensive options - try New Rules or Stronglift 5x5. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

:smile:
  • Determinednoob
    you will love it... and the fact is, it's more about changing your eating habits and understanding your body. the support you get from all who are on those forums is genuine, no BS and supportive rather than getting all defensive about this diet or that diet, or mocking you for making a decision based on your own body. the proof is in the pics... none of them got there easily, but they explain and support you throughout the entire process no matter where you are at now. It's all about encouragement, honest and friendly assistance and a group will to succeed.

You can get free support from lots of cool people HERE and on bodybuilding.com forums and many others I'm sure. Whoopty Doo pics. Here are pics of what I did with nothing but FREE information in just one year (which is really longer than it should have been).

Before

before.jpg

After

after11.jpg

after3.jpg

after4.jpg
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    I got the package last year and it looks like the price has gone way up but it's high in demand and they offer something all the others don't.
    What BS programming and mid to bottom tier exercises?
    In order to understand exactly what you might have to get the basic and get into the forum to find out. No way am I going to try to explain all the stuff you get.
    Cause you can't give a basic list of exercises? Of course not that would mean they wouldn't get their $600!
    It is access to leading edge research,
    BS, post ONE leading edge research article, probably just 10 year old research recycled and vomited out.
  • Thank you everyone who gave me constructive feedback! The thing I've learned is that the best exercise for a person is the one that you'll do. Everyone's different, but as long as you're moving and being intentional with your health, something is better than nothing. :) Blessings!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    $600?!? Holy Hell!

If you want a weight room experience and your goal is to lift heavy I will always recommend New Rules of Lifting For Women. If you're concerned about form take the other $590 (if you buy it on kindle) to buy sessions with a trainer that you can use to walk you through the proper form for the various lifts at the beginning of each stage.

I got the package last year and it looks like the price has gone way up but it's high in demand and they offer something all the others don't. In order to understand exactly what you might have to get the basic and get into the forum to find out. No way am I going to try to explain all the stuff you get. I'm not a seller and it's not worth my time. It's not just a workout. It is access to leading edge research, podcasts, The Reverse Taper Diet, and a ton of other stuff. Personally it was well worth the price to me because, well I have a new life now and I have tools for life and access to incredible information from some guys very very educated and passionate. They worked hard and if they make money they deserve it for the awesomeness they have brought into the world. I have some destiny that I know in my gut has noting to do with selling someone elses products.

If you are doing so great with whatever you are doing keep doing it. But if you flounder like I did for 15 years and reach the end of the rope, well just the basic product got me from a size 8 to a size 2 and I'm happy and the price of the rest of the product was worth it to me because it's all still helping me keep what I achieved. Like I said I don't care if they make money, they gave me what I wanted, a new me, a new life, my own destiny.

I'm not floundering or asking for advice (or a reworded advertisment), I was giving advice on lifting programs. I spent $10 bucks on a book through Kindle, relieved myself of my trainer, found the macros I want and put them into a free website (mfp) (although NR does come with a suggested meal plan), went from a size 12 to a 0, and started up a crazy supportive group on here for the NROL4W program (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-) pretty much the day they officially opened groups. If this is what worked for you then great, but all of these types of great resources are available to the general consumer at a fraction of the cost or free. It is unnecessary to pay high costs for products and services when the same quality is available without paying for the marketing. In marketing that introductory offer is generally referred to as the hook, and once the fish is hooked they have to fight to get back off the line.
  • Determinednoob
    Thank you everyone who gave me constructive feedback! The thing I've learned is that the best exercise for a person is the one that you'll do. Everyone's different, but as long as you're moving and being intentional with your health, something is better than nothing. :) Blessings!

That is true. Some would have you believe you need a 600 dollar 5 day per week routine when in fact starting out 3 days per week at about 45 minutes each day is enough.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Thank you everyone who gave me constructive feedback! The thing I've learned is that the best exercise for a person is the one that you'll do. Everyone's different, but as long as you're moving and being intentional with your health, something is better than nothing. :) Blessings!

That is true. Some would have you believe you need a 600 dollar 5 day per week routine when in fact starting out 3 days per week at about 45 minutes each day is enough.

well she does have one thing right about compliance.
    If i blew 600 bucks on a program, i sure would follow it exactly.

but....it's still a scam. californiagirl's posts are pretty much copy/paste ads. look at some of her other threads.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Is this whole thread real life.
  • Determinednoob
    Is this whole thread real life.

Lulz. I wish it weren't :(
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member

Glad you are happy. It was the first forum I ever joined and no one trashes you there like they do here. This is the 2nd forum I've ever joined and I've been run through the mud more in the last couple of days compared to any place ever in my entire life. But I'm not mad. I have compassion for the human behavior they exhibit.

Mainly, I'm glad you are enjoying it over there. It is nice to post a question or offer an opinion somewhere and not get trashed.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Glad you are happy. It was the first forum I ever joined and no one trashes you there like they do here.
    That because everyone is doing the same work out, they are just fan boys
    This is the 2nd forum I've ever joined and I've been run through the mud more in the last couple of days compared to any place ever in my entire life. But I'm not mad.
    Because you are spamming...
    I have compassion for the human behavior they exhibit.
    Wow someone took psych 101