What's your favorite soup recipe????

Options

Replies

• jesusismyrock7
    jesusismyrock7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love soup :) I have been addicted to Pho for sometime now. It is pretty high in sodium i believe. I wish this app would track sodium.

Seriously Pho is my new favorite too! Love it so much!
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    yummm broccoli soup sounds great and easy

i love a beef goulash soup as an easy meal
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash soup and split pea soup, I could eat them daily in cool weather.
  • jesusismyrock7
    jesusismyrock7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I love the "cabbage soup diet type" soup base recipe,but I add lots of spices. I do not recommend the lunacy of actually following the insane diet it is from, but as an appetizer or a side with normal food, it is yummy!

Cabbage - Raw, 0.5 head, large (about 7" dia)
    Great Value (Walmart) - Vegetable Juice Reduced Sodium,
    Carrots - Raw, 6 medium
    Celery - Raw, 6 stalk large (11"-12" long)
    Onions - Raw, 3 medium (2-1/2" dia)
    Hunt's - Crushed Tomatos (100% Natural)
    garlic
    oregano
    basil
    italian seasoning
    pepper

Also try adding Fennel root and green peppers it's super yummy
  • KimK229
    Options
    My favorite soup is Carrabba's Mama Siclion's Spicy Chicken Soup!:love:
  • PiggySweet
    PiggySweet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i actually just made a big vat of pumpkin soup (vegan if you want, but easy to make non-vegan).

1c onion
    1 clove garlic
    1 chopped apple(pear)
    1c green onion (or more if you like them, i add 2)
    3T sugar
    2t cinnamon
    1t ginger
    1t nutmeg
    1/2t salt (or more to taste, i don't like salt so i don't add much)
    15oz veggie broth (i get low sodium because i don't like salt)
    2 15oz cans of pumpkin (NOT the pumpkin pie kind) or 30 oz of fresh roasted pumpkin puree
    2 cups water
    1/2c of canned coconut milk (i use thai kitchen brand because it's thicker, don't use the lite version, coconut fat it GREAT for you!)
    1/2c of SOY milk (it's heats up differently than nut milks, or you can use regular milk but my family noted a difference in taste..)
    garnish with red pepper, blac pepper, dill, parsley, or whatever. i love adding cayenne because the sweetness cancles the spice but you still get a lingering warmth in your mouth that hot soup alone won't do.

saute onions and garlic in coconut oil (you can use olive, but i find the coconut oils lends a better flavour). then add chopped apple (pear), green onions, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. after a minute or two add in water and vegggie broth and bring to a boil. turn the heat down and let it simmer for around 15 minutes. add in the pumpkin (i use actual pumpkin when they're in season, but throughout the year i'll just used canned. there really isn't much of a difference). Then blend the living daylights out of it, adding in the coconut and soy milk (alternatively heavy cream and cow milk). it should turn from a dark orange to a golden yellow color. Then put some garnishes on top and voila~ Spiced Pumpkin Soup
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds great! And I bet I can make a scaled down version with what I have in the house now and won't have a gallon of left overs! Yummy! Thank you so very much!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    yummm broccoli soup sounds great and easy

i love a beef goulash soup as an easy meal

Hungarian Goulash is soooo good. Haven't found a good one in years though. Maybe I got spoiled having a hungarian friend making it for me. Sadly we don't live close by at all now.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    These all sound great. Thank you everyone for sharing. Keep them coming.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I just made a gorgeous Chicken & Cannellini Bean soup tonight. I've posted the recipe too in the community post under recipe's. My picture is it. Love soup and the weather is certainly getting colder and you need those winter warmers. x
  • ChristineDiet
    Options
    I just made a gorgeous Chicken & Cannellini Bean soup tonight. I've posted the recipe too in the community post under recipe's. My picture is it. Love soup and the weather is certainly getting colder and you need those winter warmers. x
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Carrot-Ginger Soup

Bump for later.
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Chicken tortilla soup by far is my familys fav.... I got it off allrecipes.com
  • ChristineDiet
    Options

What is this and do you have a recipe please? the idea of spicy chicken is enough for me - the hotter the better.

does anyone know how to make an authentic 'Chinese Hot & Sour' soup please?

x
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rodrig462
    rodrig462 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite soup recipe would get me banned from a healthy living forum like this. It will put your nutrition plan in the ditch faster than a bacon & doughnut sandwich. :laugh:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options

Sounded good. googled it and found this http://www.food.com/recipe/mama-mandolas-spicy-sicilian-chicken-soup-204722
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Some time back I was doing Lets Do Lunch diet with some success, but the noticeboards there were full of great soups. Here's the link to a couple of my favorites:

V8 Soup http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=9755.0

Taco Soup http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1508.0

Chicken & Corn chowder http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=400.0
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ahhh but nothing is better than soup with a big ole crusty roll on the side... So what do you use in place of that huge hunk of bread? Is there a more friendly side to swab through the broth?
  • ChristineDiet
    Options

Sounded good. googled it and found this http://www.food.com/recipe/mama-mandolas-spicy-sicilian-chicken-soup-204722

Thanks for looking but this recipe doesn't have any 'spice' other than seasoning. I want 'spicy' chicken. haha. Thanks again though x