WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON ZUMBA??

Options
Who has it? Do you like it? Where to get it? And how (if possible) to get the DVD free?

Thanks ^_^
~ Mae♥

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    100's of BETTER exercises for building a beautiful and fit body.
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. It's not the only exercise I do, but it's certainly the most fun, and it burns a ton of calories.

I don't use the DVDs, so I can't comment on that. I do take a class, and I also use the Zumba Fitness Rush game for xbox. If you can find a reasonably priced class in your area, you should definitely try it out. If money is an issue, you can find tons of Zumba workouts on Youtube for free.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't be caught dead in a Zumba class. That said, if it gets people moving then that's a good thing - but, there are certainly more effective ways to get fit...
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Love zumba! I am certified to teach zumba! You will burn lots of calories and definitely work up a sweat. Visit a local gym or dance studio. If you are nervous look up some dances on youtube to get familiar with the moves :)
  • dreams88
    Options
    Zumba is good.. A lot of fun but still productive. It burns a lot of calories and causes you to sweat a lot..
  • hrshygrl00
    hrshygrl00 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it.
    My friend put me on to it about three years ago. It's one of the only exercises I do, and I aim for twice a week.
    I take classes in my town. I've never used the DVD, but I do also have the game for the Wii and like that too. But there's nothing like a live class.
    I lost about 25 lbs on it last year, so I'm trying to get more classes in again.
  • mom2faitj
    mom2faitj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba! I have the Wii set but would love to own the dvd's. Did it with a friend with her dvd set and it does work! Adds a little fun to the routine!
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    LOVE IT!! However I only like it at a class....the energy of the room keeps you going and if your at home you can get bored...
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Love it!! We have a great instructor who does a really challenging hour workout. Fun, and with darkness except for party lights too! If you have the right instructor, it's awesome!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    paying no attention to the nay sayers... My first class starts TONIGHT and I'm super excited. I have seen the prior class and their results and I'm all in!!!

it's costing me $18 for 6 weeks of class and I am expecting to spend the 7th week's 18$ on a smaller size pair of jeans.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    LOVE Zumba!! I've done Zumba for over 3 years now. Have the Wii game but prefer the classes (they push you more). You sweat like crazy and burn a lot of calories. For me, I've noticed it didn't do much to help me lose weight as my HR would skyrocket and then you're pretty much burning sugar. I still try to do it 1x a week mainly because it's fun and cardio is good for your heart health.

Try out a class (find one on zumba.com) most of the time 1st class is free and then $5 - $10 per class depending on where you are. I have seen a lot of women lose weight doing it, but it didn't give me that much loss. Still fun and I enjoy it.

funny.jpg
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I do zumba once a week in conjunction with my other workouts/classes.

It is my 'fun' workout and I use it to reward myself.

It will not turn you into an Adonis but it is a fun way to get into exercise if you were previously sedentary.
  • chars2cents
    chars2cents Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Lovvvvve Zumba! The amount of calories lost in one hour is crazy! Doing zumba, walking up hill for 30 min., and changing my eating has resulted in my 5lb loss in less than two weeks. By changing my eating habit, I've lowered my caloric intake to 1400c/day.
    BTW/ I used to eat upwards to 2500!!!
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I went to a zumba class just yesterday (more by accident than preference). Man, that girl can move her booty ) and mine still hurts )) in a good way.
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii. It really does work up a sweat and gives some good calorie burns!
    I don't do it loads, but it's fun to do every so often to change things up.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I think Zumba is a really fun exercise and it is a great way to get your cardio in. Plus you burn a ton of calories and depending on the instructor you can really get a great burn in your abs and legs.

Remember if you go to a class it will take you 3-4 times to feel comfortable with it unless you are super good at picking up dance moves. Once you get the moves down though its a lot of fun. I also like Hip Hop dance classes. I'm going to one tonight and those are always fun and burn a ton of calories as well.
  • Divamc
    Options
    I love Zumba. It is hard to take it seriously because it's so fun, but it does get me to the target heartrate. I like the classroom environment. I used to be a slave to step aerobics and I find that I'm more motivated in a group class. Even though I feel like a bull in a china shop some times, I don't let it bother me. I don't know if my husband would care for me taking the class if he saw some of the movements that we do. I have the DVDs, but I've never watched them. If you have a chance to go to a class, try it out a few times.
  • genefabes
    Options
    I try my hardest not to think about zumba
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It is fun. That is what counts for me. I do a variety of workouts and Zumba got me to enjoy getting up and moving. There may be "more effective" workouts, but if you don't enjoy yourself it is going to be so much harder to motivate yourself!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Ok i went to my first zumba class tonight..and the instructor said she would take it easy on us because we were new...she lied!! are all zumba instructors liars? But it was a good way..I hit my target heart rate..worked up a sweat...did manage to make it through the whole class without falling into a heap on the floor. I already can't wait for the next one. No, I doubt this would be effective as "the only" exercise a person does..but it IS a workout...and if you say it isn't..you were/are doing it wrong