Sixers: The Resolution Revolution WK 3

Options

Replies

• ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Our running shoes are really erasers. Every step erases a memory of a past failure. Every mile brings us closer to a clean slate. Each footstrike rubs away a word, a look, or an event that led us to believe that success was beyond our grasp." -John Bingham

I like that!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Our running shoes are really erasers. Every step erases a memory of a past failure. Every mile brings us closer to a clean slate. Each footstrike rubs away a word, a look, or an event that led us to believe that success was beyond our grasp." -John Bingham

Omgosh, I love that.
    *dashes off to put that in my signature*
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options

Ahhhh......John the Penguin! He has my favorite philosophy for running a race! You start off slow and ease up from there!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Tiff, I NEEDED to READ this today as I put on my running shoes and head for my gym!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Ahhhh......John the Penguin! He has my favorite philosophy for running a race! You start off slow and ease up from there!

That is a philosophy? I thought it was just the lazy and slow way I ran!! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Tiff, I NEEDED to READ this today as I put on my running shoes and head for my gym!!!

Yay Verda! HAVE A GREAT RUN!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    called to get blood work results.....told that doc would tell me when i go back in 2 weeks, but, everything looked good. asked what A1C was it was 5.9. i had cut my meds in half so proved it was ok. that's my diabetic numbers. cant wait to see what ultrasound read. won't know until the 5th.

night
  • vhuber
    Options
    called to get blood work results.....told that doc would tell me when i go back in 2 weeks, but, everything looked good. asked what A1C was it was 5.9. i had cut my meds in half so proved it was ok. that's my diabetic numbers. cant wait to see what ultrasound read. won't know until the 5th.

night
    I absolutely HATE it when they do that!!! But remember we are praying for ya!!!! Remeber worrying does NOT do any good and yes i know better said than done! Have a glass of wine and relax!!
    Verda
  • vhuber
    Options
    [/quote]

Yay Verda! HAVE A GREAT RUN!!!
    [/quote]
    I HAD to switch the running shoes to my snow boots and my run to snow work!! It was so cold and afterwards my lungs hurt so NO I did not get on the treadmill! I will tomorrow, promise!!!
    Verda
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    SOOO Glad to see everyone doing well!! Though I can't get tooo personal. I did however see that everyone is doing well. I read every word of the past posts. Glad I can catch up!!!

Katy- Glad to see you again. Join in

Kel- Good philosophy about the eating and the menu is wonderful. Man send me a PLATE

Tiff- Amazing Quote!!!

Lauryn- Thanks for the card!!! You know I have mail checking ISSUES. Love ya!!!

Ok here is a brief one. They loved me!!! Offered me the job immediately!!!! Offered me a great salary!!!! I just think I may ask for more knowing I'm the only dentist to be there which means multiple jobs though they don't know what they all are yet. Cheap housing!!! I mean I liked it. Though it was small I felt comfortable. Now, I'm a shop a holic and once i saw I saw a ROSS and MARSHALLs and ChickfilA and ummmmmmm I knew I could do it. Dairy queen too. LOL, but a girls gotta have her pleasure!!!

I will tell you more soon. They called my references today and everyone said they went well.

Tamm
  • drtamm
    Options
    Cathy- I'm glad you found out some good news and will be praying for your other results. Have a restful night!!!!

Take care ladies,

Tamm

Amy- (PDX) Congrats and I'm so glad to see you posting more. YAY
  • chipper15173
    Options
    quick post for me.

yea, tamm. do they provide housing?

everyone have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS..........cheers to a new year around the corner.

need to run and get things ready for tomorrow. got a pay increase now to dash out and get DH a gift. i don't know what i want. he said he would get it for me. thinking hard now. smells something burning, better check out the brain in the oven.

love ya all,

jingle bells, cathy
  • drtamm
    Options
    Cathy!!! Glad to see you posting. No their isn't any housing provided but I could find something!!!

I'm wishing everyone a MERRY Christmas!!! Love you all. Wishing everyone the best!!! Spending time with family and friends can be so helpful to our spirits. Well..... I have a homework assignment for everyone!!!

When you return... tell me what you what to achieve within the first 6 weeks of the new year.

For example... I want to clean out my junky second bedroom or I want to drink 8 glasses of water daily by then!!!

Take care ladies!!

Tamm
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just stopped by to wish you all a MERRY Christmas!!! Glad you all like the quote! It really gotme motivated!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ladies.....

my dogs are crunching away on their bones. they were excited to see them under the tree this morning. windy and rainy out. having the family for brunch in a few. need to shower and dress and begin cooking.

have a great day and don't get upset or down if you eat.

tamm now i am thinking what do i want to achieve in 6 weeks. hummmmm.................join the board, lose at least 5 pounds, exercise everyday.......lets see......

later
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Merry Christmas Sixers!

Have a wonderful day celebrating with your loved ones!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!!! I will achieve getting back on plan, cutting my sugar intake DOWN and be into my 6th week on P90X! You know I always set goals, I achieve them , then I go into reverse and start all over ! Keeps me busy ! LOL
    Verda
  • drtamm
    Options
    Verda, Cathy - Glad to see you ladies alive and well and posting! LOL. Thanks for looking into your next 6 weeks early!!! YAY! That's planning!

Verda- WE do love to achieve goals don't we. That's something fun to do

Amy- Glad to see you here. Keep on posting!!

As for me. I had a wondeful morning! I cooked Brunch at my house and we really enjoyed the food and each other. My mother and sister were over here!!! YAY! Loved it, felt like old times. Just the girls. I got a food processor and crock pot from my mom, she said it will help me continue to remove weight. YAY, support form my family. Couldn't ask for more!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS SIXERS!!! I hope everyone is having a marvelous day!!! Tomorrow I'm back to work so I'll enjoy today the mostest!

Take care,

Tamm
  • chipper15173
    Options
    evening....

i am stuffed with crap......tasted good, life goes on.

tomorrow i get right back at it. will get in some exercise of some sort. have been drinking 64oz of water yesterday and today. what a surprise for me. it just tastes good. in fact time to refill my 32 oz glass.
    doing a shopping tomorrow. getting my Christmas present. still haven't decided what i want yet.

later
  • drtamm
    Options
    Cathy enjoy the shopping! Glad you enjoyed your food today!!!

Take care,
    Tamm