Life Fitness Treadmills

Options
2»

Replies

• heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Before trying to play with the settings at all, just ask the person at the front desk at the gym first. Whether there's an official orientation or not, any gym employee will answer questions about the different equipment for you.

Because if there is a 30 minute limit on the machines, you won't be able to override it. Even the gym employees might not be able to depending on how they are programmed. At my gym they machines are all set to stop at 60 minutes. At some locations they have a few of a different model, and the employees can override the time limit on those, but not on the main ones that fill the cardio section.

I sorta like it though (the time limit) because it forced me to run outside for my long runs, which I probably would have resisted a bit more if I knew the gym was a possibility. And it also makes me step up my game on my six mile runs that I do happen to do at the gym since they were evening runs when the trail was closed to make sure that I keep up my pace and try to race against that hour shut down limit.

I'd like to reiterate that I am planning on training for a half marathon and weather conditions in Ontario are not exactly condusive in the winter to training outside. It can be done, sure, but I guarantee that I won't run if I have to do my long runs outdoors when it's -30 C...

I'm going to look at the machine tomorrow before I start, even a 60 minute limit would be preferable.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My closing paragraph wasn't telling you to go run outside, I was simply saying that I liked the time limit and what it did for my half marathon training. The main point of my post was for you to check with the staff to see if they can help. :)
  • jypsyjulia
    jypsyjulia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love LifeFitness Treadmills! We use them at the gym I'm at :) And you can set your settings to "Manual" and put in the amount of time you'd like to run for, your weight, and the level at which you want to run.

Edit: On Manual I know you can run for 60 minutes, but I've never set the timer higher than that before so I'm not sure if if will go above 60. I would imagine it would though. I see girls at the gym on the treadmills FOREVER.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i am not sure about Life Fitness...i used to go to (and work at) LA Fitness, and i was able to do an hour at a time before having the treadmill go in to cool down...it always asked me how long i wanted to work out for....unless Life Fitness works differently and LA Fitness has changed it since i last went. But i always did the "Manual" setting.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can opt out of the 30 minute time limit. I was running on a Life Fitness treadmill at the gym today and he started to go into cooldown automatically at 30 minutes, :(

If I'm not mistaken, I think that that is the kind of machine at my gym. I am always able to set it at an hour during the "set up" part. You know like when you enter in your age, weight and then it asks for how long. I am usually doing one of the preset programs though, so that may be the difference. OR, look to see if there is a "Manual" option, that allows me to put in whatever I want.

Hope this helps...:wink:
  • heytherestephy
    Options
    An update, I went for a run this morning at the gym and just hit speed instead of "quick start" and again, cooldown at 30 minutes, so I think that's that and i'll have to be restarting at 30 minutes, sadly.
  • heytherestephy
    Options
    I love LifeFitness Treadmills! We use them at the gym I'm at :) And you can set your settings to "Manual" and put in the amount of time you'd like to run for, your weight, and the level at which you want to run.

Edit: On Manual I know you can run for 60 minutes, but I've never set the timer higher than that before so I'm not sure if if will go above 60. I would imagine it would though. I see girls at the gym on the treadmills FOREVER.

So do I! There is not "manual" setting, just quick start unfortunately! We had LifeFitness treadmills at the Goodlife gym I went to and I know I could go at least 60 minutes on those because at the time I was 283lbs and was only walking on an incline for an hour!
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I realise this thread is about 6 months so, so I guess this may be old news to some of you, but hopefully it'll be useful for a few people too!

I use the life fitness treadmill at my gym, some are set to 30 min max and some 60 min. However, on the time limit screen, they also have 'marathon mode'. This mode overrides the time limit and the treadmill only stops when you press the cooldown/end button, essentially giving you an unlimited workout time! (before anyone tells me off, I only continue on a long workout if there is no one waiting!)

I don't know if this is an option on all life fitness treadmills or just some, but worth checking for those of you who dont want to keep stopping and starting!

Happy running!!!

Han :flowerforyou:
  • mmzeidman
    mmzeidman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I know this thread is super old but I was just trying to figure this out since we own a LFT5 treadmill and it also stops at 30 minutes.

Here’s what I figured out:
    - Tap the Advanced button (left side of panel) and scroll until you get to Marathon. Follow the steps and you’re golden

Instead of a countdown 30-0, it will start at 0 and go up.

Hope this helps.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Useful tip. I had this trouble at Planet Fitness when training for a half marathon, but it would cut out @ 60 minutes. Maybe they updated the default in the past decade!

Not currently doing PF or half training, but I do plan to get back to it when things settle down. And for reference, I'd be there using a treadmill at times when demand is low, so I would be using a machine when many more were also available.
    mmzeidman wrote: »
    Hi!
    I know this thread is super old but I was just trying to figure this out since we own a LFT5 treadmill and it also stops at 30 minutes.

Here’s what I figured out:
    - Tap the Advanced button (left side of panel) and scroll until you get to Marathon. Follow the steps and you’re golden

Instead of a countdown 30-0, it will start at 0 and go up.

Hope this helps.