Angry Guys

Options
KickassAugust
KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
How often are you all pissed off? Is it normal for a guy to hit, throw and break things on a regular basis? (once a week or so)

To be more clear... this is not about hitting a person.

Replies

• mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I dont get full blow angry too often, I will admit I have a temper ( I think its the Irish and Scorpio in me, haha) Its quick to get lit and quick to put out unless its really something for me to be upset over. I do not throw things and I do not break things...usually I get very quiet...if its something that keeps on getting under my skin and its being done on purpose then I might explode a bit...haha But rarely do I ever get that mad.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Not, not even close. I don't think I've ever throw or broken things in anger.
    How often are you all pissed off? Is it normal for a guy to hit, throw and break things on a regular basis? (once a week or so)
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I never get violent. My dad raised me to always look at every situation when I was growing up. When life gets you down-there is always something funny and always something you can learn from it if u look hard enough. So that's what I do. Must be my Canadian way I guess. Pretty docile for the most part. Not that I don't feel like being an "a" hole sometimes.....
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Meh...My parents beat me enough as a kid to ensure I rarely get out of control as a grown-up.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Never and nope.
  • mommy2AR
    Options
    Meh...My parents beat me enough as a kid to ensure I rarely get out of control as a grown-up.

sounds like my parents... i wouldnt say they "beat" me but I did get my butt whooped a time or two
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    No. It is not normal for a ANYONE to do that "once a week or so". What is his life situation? Is he in control at work? What stresses him? What is his family history? Be careful and make sure the violence doesn't end up directed at you.
  • scottg1024
    Options
    I used to get mad and throw things back when I was young and immature. I got married young and we'd have lots of fights (arguments - never hit a partner in my life). I can clearly remember throwing a piece dinnerware on occasion (but only after doing a mental inventory to see if it made sense - okay, we've got 8 saucers but only 7 cups/6 dinner plates, etc.) strictly for dramatic effect. Yep, grew out of that stage once I had to start replacing dishes...
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You know what, sometimes you just got to release some pent up anger or aggression on inanimate objects. I think a great way to do this is to go to the driving range and smash a few golf balls in the process. It's also a lot of fun exercise that helps with obliques.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Oh lord I dont like the sound of that at all!Guys under 10 years old maybe older ones should have a bit more self control!Ok anyone can get mad but throwing and breaking things no way!
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options

I hear ya , buddy.

One never forgets.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    In my experience, yes. In the world of people who have those healthy relationship thingies and that self esteem.stuff, no.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I have been known to take out my frustration on inanimate objects, but that was mostly around the time my father died. I have a scar on one hand from punching a locker. Not proud of it, but meh.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

in prison maybe.

in the real world? uh...no...unless you belong in prison
  • akafede
    akafede Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    nope never
    edit: only when I lose on videogames, my PS controller can fly.
    But never breaks, it's loser proof. Lol
  • mommy2AR
    Options
    Oh and I am not a guy...but most guys I know do not get angry and throw fits, self control is something that you should look for in a man...if he cant control his temper then you dont want to be around that. With that being said I can understand the occasional outburst but it shouldnt ever be violent.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Totes normal.

On opposite day, that is.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

This is a sign of someone who's not able to express their anger like a proper adult. If it's someone you live with, they may turn their anger towards you, instead of punching the wall, it would be you. Please be careful.

Anger.Management.Classes.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    In 6 years my boyfriend has never once thrown anything, punched anything, or even YELLED.
    Not all guys are giant balls of rage.
    I am more likely to freak out screaming or punch a wall and cry....he just leaves the house for a half hour, comes back and says "are you done now?".
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    See the problem I have with this question is that I dont have enough info. Are you getting mad for little reason? Are you having a super hard time and or lac of control in your life that is driving you to get angry? Are you depressed? Have you always been this way or is this sudden?

I can only speculate what it is. I can say it is not normal to get so angry that you beak things on a weekly basis though. If there is nothing going on in your life to cause it, Id try to figure out if your body is chemically unbalanced. Maybe go get some blood work from your normal doctor. Id follow their advice on what to do after that. None of us are qualified to really tell you what to do. All we can say, yeah it is out of the ordinary.