Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your insights.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    How often are you all pissed off? Is it normal for a guy to hit, throw and break things on a regular basis? (once a week or so)
    That behaviour leads to prison.
    Get some help before it cost you everything.
    I get angry often.
    To lose control is the ultimate fail,
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    I'd say if it's something that happens once a week, you really should do some research on Anger/Stress Management. I've had plenty of friends who suffer from PTSD or Reintegration problems, so you are not alone. But, it isn't healthy and if you don't find an outlet for that anger, you can seriously hurt yourself or a loved one.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.. Hitting is never acceptable (to me)

But my brother (20) Gets angry a few times a month, usually he yells, slams doors and punches the punching bag.

My boyfriend just gets sulky.. like a puppy who didn't get a treat
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    in the real world? uh...no...unless you belong in prison

great answer!
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Lost my temper to the point of not being in control once in my 42 years. It's not acceptable.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but I get angry often.

I'm known for punching walls/doors/trashing my room/yelling.

But I'd never, ever take it out on another person. Especially not physically. No matter how angry you are, being violent towards others is not acceptable.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    I had an ex who used to throw things when she was in a temper. So, the plates, dishes, cups, etc. So, one day, just as it was getting to the part where she lost it, and was looking for something to throw, I walked to the best china cupboard and broke one of the best cups that her mother had given her, by throwing it on the floor
    She gave me a hard stare, so I broke another one. When she had gotten over the sight of me breaking crockery, she asked me what I was doing. So I told her that she did it, so why couldnt I?

She never once threw anything at me again.

So glad she's an ex tho!
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    Lost my temper to the point of not being in control once in my 42 years. It's not acceptable.

Know that feeling. I did once. I regret it 30 years later.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    How often are you all pissed off? Is it normal for a guy to hit, throw and break things on a regular basis? (once a week or so)
    Umm...no. Not normal. Or acceptable.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Not really. The closest I came was kicking a door, but it was a combination of me being irritated and the door being stuck... At least it helped. :embarassed:

I don't think it's generally normal, maybe see someone about that to work out your anger...
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Run.......
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Never
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Not unless he's on roids, or has some other issues.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Meh...My parents beat me enough as a kid to ensure I rarely get out of control as a grown-up.

This... I think Ive punched a wall twice in my life.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I get angry once in a while, but not as much since i've lost 27 lbs. Also, i eat better whereas i used to eat alot of junk and my BP would rise, and then i would become "Mr.Hyde", which is someone i despise to be.
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well I probably get angry once or twice a year. I generally don't get angry.

I did when I was with my ex. He hit me so I hit back.

I was brought up to never throw the first punch (but always finish! LOL)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    if the person is hitting and throwing ****, they probably need to see a therapist.
    that's not just anger, that's a complete lack of self control. they need to grow up.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options

To be more clear... this is not about hitting a person.

A real man (or woman) does not let their emotions cause them to lose control. Someone who routinely has a little temper tantrum like a 2 year old and breaks things is not emotionally healthy. Trust me, it's not a far stretch from punching walls to punching people. It is emotional abuse to be with someone who goes into destructive rages like that. I wouldn't tolerate it from a 2 year old and certainly wouldn't tolerate it from an adult.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The only times I really get angry are when I'm tired. Fortunately, I'm getting to the point where I realize that before I start punching things. I don't like to be violent. As for throwing things? Very, very rarely (like once a year, at most). But, as I said, it's when I'm tired. If I've gotten good sleep, then I never get angry. I'm a pretty stable person (again, when I get enough sleep).