Is there a different milk for me out there??

Options

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    You don't have to drink any 'milk' at all.

Yeeep! :)
  • Grohlkins182
    Options
    MILK!!!!
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Soya milk but it's really hard to find one that doesn't have a sweet vanilla flavour to it so I stopped.

Rice Milk is a good alternative and I've heard nothing but good things about Almond milk
  • minime2b
    Options
    I'm a big fan of unsweetened almond milk!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Those of you mentioning hazelnut milk, where do you buy it? I've never seen it and am very curious. Would love to try it. :drinker:
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    almond milk is good.
  • evsullivan
    Options
    I use Almond Milk-Unsweetened Vanilla.....40 calories for a whole cup, and it's sooo good!

I second this! Also... there is even hemp milk. I like almond milk because it has more flavor and is a better consistency than rice milk. Rice milk is very thin.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    try almond milk or coconut milk.

soy is worthless.

Why is soy worthless?

unfermented soy contains trypsin inhibitors which block the absorption of protein. so there's literally no point in consuming it. you're stopping your body from using nutrients properly. soy is trash.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    i use to drink rice milk when i was younger but now i drink almond or coconut milk, i never was a milk drinking...my daughter is the same....
    you can get your calcium in other things anyways....cheeses and yogurt.
  • anjoola
    anjoola Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stay away from Soy Milk, it is not good for you. Coconut milk is the best alternative milk out there. Jillian Michaels is always banging on about it in her podcasts :)

I love chocolate Soy Milk. Coconut contains healthy fat. I don't agree that soy is bad for you unless you're allergic to it. Tofu is a soy product and it is a healthy protein to add to your diet.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    There's also goat's milk.
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I cannot drink milk either. I have never had a bowl of cereal. i just recently tried Silk almond milk and its great!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    The unsweetened Almond milk is a great choice and its not thick. My children (3 & 4) tried it the other day and asked for more:smile:
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    Options
    Soy, Rice, Almond, and Coconut are all easily found in your neighborhood grocery store.
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I use Almond Milk-Unsweetened Vanilla.....40 calories for a whole cup, and it's sooo good!

^ This! Have even gotten my parents to start drinking / using it instead of regular milk now.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it plain, but I use silk vanilla when I make iced mochas. I'm not a big fan of milk in any form, though.
  • mlynnjensen
    Options
    I also drink Blue Diamond Almond Milk Unsweetened Vanilla. It is very good!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    There are tons of different milks on the market these days. Almond, soy, coconut, rice, etc. Check out any large supermarket or health food store.

Skim milk has a much different taste and texture than thicker milk. What milk did you grow up drinking that you didn't like? skim, 1%, 2% or homoginized(sp)? All have different thickness, tastes and such.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all of the previous entries, so I apologize if I am repeating anything. My mom is lactose intolerant and does not like most of the alternatives. We recently tried Walmarts "Lactose Free" milk. That is what it says on the box, nothing else. Very simple and she loves it. Says it has the closest taste to regular milk she has ever had. It isn't very expensive and it lasts a long time.
  • LiliWray
    LiliWray Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Costco makes heavenly organic rice milk.