Lunchtime Work Out? How do you do it?

Options
13»

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I live close to my office, so workout at home on my lunch hour, I generally do weights over cardio on my lunch hour, less sweating. I finish, change, spray body spray and head back to work. I don't generally re-shower, unless I've done Insanity and really need to cuz of the intensity of the workout. I will also do Yoga at my desk on my lunch hour - just close my office door.
  • SBlost
    Options
    I only have 30 minutes for lunch and I work an 11 hour day. I am in a retail clinic setting so I just eat my lunch 20 minutes before I actually go on break and then I either walk around the building a few times at a fast pase or I jug in place in one of the open rooms along with doing squats, and some light lifting with a couple bottles of water or a heavy book. I use what I can and do what I can until I get home and have more time.

Good luck and remember, there are tons of things you can do without every stepping foot inside an actual gym.
  • losingforme11
    losingforme11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a Crossfitter and the work put takes about 45 mins. I work in an office. I have about 10 mins when i get back to wipe down and change. Bad employee here, i change before i leave and alot of tines eat lunch at a later break. The CF workouts are so intense i would be nautious if i eat right away. Works for me...down 35 lbs since starting!:)
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    During the summer i would ride my bike to work (40mile round trip) but now that it's fall, it's too dark for me to do that.

So I started working out at lunch.
    There is just something about going home at 5:30 and RELAXING, know you've done your work for the day.

My desk is in a large large room with another person and we have a "war room" connected. It has no windows or cameras so I can keep my gym bag in there and use it as a changing room. (it locks also)

My lunch begins at 11:15. I walk into the war room, change into my running gear, slip out the back elevator, and head out for a 3-3.5 mile run.

I am usually done in about 30 minutes. I work downtown so it's a blast to people watch during my run. Also, the changing lights at every block keep me guessing my route. I just follow all of the green lights.

I keep a fan at my desk so when i get back, I just sit in front of it to cool off. After that, I walk like 2ft to our war room, change back into my clothes, apply deodorant and put my hair up.

By this time it's about 11:50 and I head to the kitchen to get my lunch ready.

Sit down, watch the office or american dad on netflix and enjoy the last 30 min of my lunch with that fan still cooling me off.