Calling All Low Carbers

Options
13»

Replies

• Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    40/30/30 f/p/c although I never eat the 30% carbs allotted.

How do you achieve such low carbs? I've only recently found my macros, and mine is around 35%, or 116g per day.
    I usually eat filling foods like rice, and I have vegetables and whatnot. Excluding processed snacks, I feel like I still easily managed to go over that set amount.

What are you eating? Lol!

I don't eat any grains. It's actually pretty hard to eat a lot of carbs without them. Most of my carbs come from vegetables, then fruit, and some starchy veggies (like sweet potatoes) when I'm feeling fancy :-)

Btw, I don't think 116g/day is very high. I just keep mine under 100g/day to stay in a nice weight loss zone. Maybe you could try a smaller portion or rice or subbing it for some vegetables to decrease your numbers.

It's probably a good idea to cut my rice and substitute in some veggies. But then I need to figure out how to reach my calorie goals. This is going to take some tinkering! C:

Easy: increase your healthy fats. Don't be afraid of fat, it is necessary and good for our bodies. The low fat insanity since the 1980s sure hasn't helped everyone get healthier imo.

^^^^Exactly :-)
  • EgglessKeto
    Options
    I recently started keto - set to 65%fat 30%protein 5%carbs - recommended 20g or less of carbs
    My gross carbs are over that, but I'm getting my carbs from high fibre foods so my net carbs are really low.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Fat 55% / Protein 30% / Carbs 15%

Carbs come from vegetables and may hit 20% if I have a small piece of fruit
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    My macros are 65 fat, 25 protein, and 10 carb. Not only am I losing weight, my health issues have vanished. I feel awesome!

Yup, pretty much me too.

I like to hit at LEAST 65% Fat, the more fat I eat the more fat I lose. Saturated too, lovely.

And I keep the salt and water intake up.

People tend to hit a wall on the Low Carb because they don't get the fat up, it's a psychological thing given what we have been told but necessary.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    20% carbs
    30% protein
    50% fat

and my diary is open
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    seriously! i have so much trouble not eating a butt load of carbs. :( i just don't know how to stop.

I feel the same way! I would like to try eating lower carbs, But its the first thing i crave!

You crave them because of what they do to your body - eating them makes you want more. If you force yourself to beat the carb addiction, as I call it, the cravings will go away in less than 2 weeks.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    20% carbs
    30% protein
    50% fat

and my diary is open

My macros are 15% carbs, 50% fats, and 35% protein. This works best for me or losing...I can increase to 25% carbs (veggies and fruits only) to maintain weight.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    10% carb, 30% protein, 60% fat. But I've been changing it around, from between and 5 and 15% and I think 10 is good for me.
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    45P/35C/20F is the goal. While staying under daily calories
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 5% carbs, 70% fat, and 20% protein. I'm trying to reach ketosis and stay in it for a while.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My macros are 65 fat, 25 protein, and 10 carb. Not only am I losing weight, my health issues have vanished. I feel awesome!

^^^^100% with you on this!