Arby's??

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Well I would typically prescribe to you the roast beef. However, Arby's roast beef is not beef at all. They make the "meat" from a gelatin mix and then bake it and slice it. It is not real meat.

Hey, I've got a bridge to sell you!
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Eat it! Anything you get from a restaurant, even if it sounds healthy...it isn't. Such as their Market Fresh sandwhiches...they are loaded with sodium, fat , calories and whatever else. You're better off with a roast beef sandwich. Even the healthy things at McDonalds are not healthy. So my point is eat it anyway....just in moderation. I eat Big Mac's medium fries and a soda every once in a while and still haven't gained weight, because I eat bad things in moderation and stay near my calorie goals.

Just omit cheese and mayo
  • If you are having trouble fitting in a 200 calorie sandwich, you should adjust your goals and DEFINITELY exercise more. The more you burn, the more you can eat.

200 calories is equivalent to 1 ounce of nuts or 2 tablespoons of peanut/almond butter. That's not a meal.

Remember - to get results you have to sustain this lifestyle for MONTHS even YEARS. Eating tomato and mayonaise sandwiches for lunch will make you hate dieting and you will relapse to your previous bad habits. Same goes with being hungry all the time. Go for slow, sustainable weight loss and learn to appreciate the taste of healthier foods.

Also, how come your only options are Arby's or McDonalds? Are you on vacation somewhere?

I may not be back to respond but I just want to get you (and everyone else) thinking.

Best of luck.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Eat whatever the hell you want if it fits in your numbers.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Please, start making your own food and try to cut down processed food to maybe 1 time ever 3 weeks. Can you make fast food fit your diet? Sure, but you're better off bringing lean meat, vegies, greek yogurt, almonds (not too many), beans, fresh fruit....etc, from home. Get a kitchen scale for less than $35 and you in business.
    What about a smoothie or a grilled chicken sandwich from Mc Donalds??
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    My gma bought me a sit and spin.
    She get mad when I twirl in front of the TV.
    Especially if Price is Right is on.:glasses:
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Is it possible to find something on their website that is low(er) calorie and still appetizing to you?
    Lower than a 210 calorie sandwich? Are you serious?
  • Ruthe8
    i think they have turkey sandwiches now so i would try one of those. mmmmmm
    They've had turkey sandwiches for over 10 years, and they range in calories from 490 to 800 per sandwich.
  • lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Yum Arby's its been a while since I have ate there but my favorite would blow my calorie's off the charts Beef and Cheddar yummy. The chicken snack wraps from McD's are good also and not alot of calories in them. but looking at the last couple of day's of your diary you have not met your calories nor have you had much protein.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    mmmmmmmmmm Arby's.....
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    I don't want to sound mean....but you are 30 years old....you should be able to analyze this issue and make the best decision for you without needing others to advise you.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Try planning your meals ahead that way you know exactly how many calories you have for lunch.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    it has a ton of protein and you should NEVER make mayo one of the ingredients on a sandwich!

Why no mayo? I put mayo on EVERY sandwich, Lite Mayo that is.
  • Ruthe8
    I don't want to sound mean....but you are 30 years old....you should be able to analyze this issue and make the best decision for you without needing others to advise you.
    Well you do sound mean, because she has a learning disability.
  • Gramps251

It's never too late to learn.

It would be nice if everyone just knew this stuff but that's not the case.
  • Light Miracle Whip only has 20 cal a TBLspoon. In case you are making it yourself or bringing it with you.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member

How is this total stranger supposed to know she has a learning disability? In general someone in there 30's should be able to make a decision about what to eat for lunch. If you don't want someone to criticize you then don't post on a PUBLIC forum.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Rule of thumb....if it fits in your goals, eat it

^This

A mid-sized roast beef fits in my macros quite nicely. I also add the three pepper sauce to it, just because it's yummy.
  • Gramps251

How is this total stranger supposed to know she has a learning disability? In general someone in there 30's should be able to make a decision about what to eat for lunch. If you don't want someone to criticize you then don't post on a PUBLIC forum.

One would think this is just common knowledge but I've found that is not the case. If you don't know something you can research it on the web or ask on a forum.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    It's 210 cal and 6 grams of fat.

Have two

:laugh:
    I was thinking the same thing. 210 calories is nothing.