Goal Reward?

Options

Replies

• livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used to use food as a reward, but it kept undoing all my hard work for a loss. Now I reward myself by treating myself to other things like new clothes, mani/pedi, jewelry etc. It's still motivating, but doesn't add those uneccessary extra calories!

^ This. I saw a saying going around online..."You are not a dog. Don't reward yourself with food." Now I do things like a new top, a handful of new songs from iTunes to add to my workout playlist, a watch, a new pair of shoes, and so on. I still get something special without having to work extra hard the entire next week to undo damage done from a food-related reward. But, to each their own. Whatever motivates you!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    my first tattoo! when i hit my final goal weight :)

I like this!

For 10 pounds I went for a pedicure, at 20 I bought a pair of jeans that was 4 sizes smaller than I started with (they fit!), at 30 I'm doing before and during photos, and I may just take your lead and get my first tattoo when I'm down 50 :)

Thanks! Thinking about how cute and awesome it would be to have a tiny little rib cage tattoo definitely gets my to the gym on days when I don't feel like it!
  • moontomoon
    Options
    I have only just started, but I am going to buy myself a beautiful All Saints dress that I tried on a few weeks ago and almost cried in the changing room!!!

To look how I wanted to in that dress, at that time , would be so so nice :)
  • shan1204
    Options
    I'm off to Croatia in a week but I go for a facial every so often depending on progress.
  • caranda8
    Options
    I really want a pair of Miss me jeans, I'm so not the type to buy expensive clothes for myself, usually always goes to my kidd's, and even then I don't really don't care what brand they are as long as they look nice and last!! So I'm hoping to get to my goal and when I do I will go out and get me a pair!!
  • iysys
    Options
    I have only just started, but I am going to buy myself a beautiful All Saints dress that I tried on a few weeks ago and almost cried in the changing room!!!

To look how I wanted to in that dress, at that time , would be so so nice :)

ah man the clothes at all saints are out of control gorgeous! love so much.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Never reward yourself with food, you are not a dog!

^^^ THIS!
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For every pound I lose I put money in a tin with a bonus amount for half stone and stone marks and when I'm at my goal I'll buy new clothes.

I can't reward myself with food, part of this learning curve for me is not seeing food as a reward or something to make me feel better.

I love this, I may have to borrow.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hope to get to my goal of 135-140 by next april....having a pin-up style photo shoot done then so i can have the photos ready by my 30th birthday in may! even if i'm not at goal, i'm still doing it cuz i've worked damn hard!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I hit my 1st goal in July and rewarded myself by getting a very short haircut which I haven't had for a very long time, I love it!! But I'm 9 lbs away from my 2nd and FINAL weight/scale goal.. so I will reward myself byyyyy either getting a belly piercing or my first tattoo ;)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 and rewarded myself with new running shoes and a cute top.
    I lost 7 and rewarded myself with 4 days of no diet (I aimed for maintenance not my deficit and not the sky)
    When I lose 10 I will reward myself with new jeans (I'll need 'em) and a massage

When I reach all of my goals: size 10 jeans looking good, being able to take off my wedding ring (its cutting into my finger a little), having some tummy definition, being able to easily run an 8 minute mile, do 25 real pushups, and 5 deadhang pullups, then I will reward myself with a vacation to Thailand. Yes. Really.
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    New clothes when needed.
    Shoes.
    Tattoo work.
  • iysys
    Options
    I lost 3 and rewarded myself with new running shoes and a cute top.
    I lost 7 and rewarded myself with 4 days of no diet (I aimed for maintenance not my deficit and not the sky)
    When I lose 10 I will reward myself with new jeans (I'll need 'em) and a massage

When I reach all of my goals: size 10 jeans looking good, being able to take off my wedding ring (its cutting into my finger a little), having some tummy definition, being able to easily run an 8 minute mile, do 25 real pushups, and 5 deadhang pullups, then I will reward myself with a vacation to Thailand. Yes. Really.

i like how you plan!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    SATISFACTION!!! xx
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    2500 for BOOTS?!? You could take a 9 day, all inclusive vacation to mexico at a 5 star resort with your SO/best friend for that!!! You could go to Thailand! You could do a week white water rafting down the Grand Canyon! You could buy a nice car! WOW.

Oops, forgot the quote
    "my reward when i hit goal...and keep it off for one full year is these (or something like them)

http://usa.hermes.com/woman/shoes/boots/jumping/jumping-967.html?xtor=SEC-1004&002=1236496&004=4029710705&005=1075230722&006=14772969785&007=Search&008= "
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options

OOOH I love these boots!!!! So wish I still had the leg muscles to wear them and USE them! ;-)
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My goals are at every 50lbs. First 50, I had a party at my house (invited my girlfriends, we had drinks and a healthy mashtini bar). The next 50lbs gone, my hubby and I took a weekend trip and I was lazy all weekend. When the next 50 are gone - we are taking a BIG trip and when the final mark is hit - A WHOLE NEW wardrobe to include, shoes, purses, and diamonds.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I haven't really rewarded myself yet. Just the satisfaction of being able to fit into my smaller clothes has been rewarding enough. Each morning I try on a different artical of clothing that I used to be able to fit into years ago. It's almost like having a whole new wardrobe. However, when I reach my main goal, I am going to get my belly buttoned pierced.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I am waiting as long as humanly possible, then buying myself a new wardrobe. I hope to hit my goal by the end of the year (and if I don't, I'll be okay with that), so anyone who wants to get me presents for Christmas should buy me gift cards for stores I can shop at. I'm gonna go crazy and I'm so looking forward to it.

If I don't reach my goal by the end of the year, I'll aim for March - that's when I'll turn 26 and can ask for even more store gift cards.

So excited!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!