Goal Reward?

Options

Replies

• polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself for my first 10 lbs lost with shoes. I bought two pairs of American Eagle shoes that are just adorable. Once I get to be 135 lbs I will buy me a dress :) I haven't worn a dress in soooo long!
  • Melolicious
    Melolicious Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think rewarding with food is dangerous and demonstrates that your head-space about food isn't right. I believe in getting something tangible that you see daily that reinforces that you successfully reached a goal. A purse, a jacket, a great pair of shoes, something that has enough staying power to be important and prominent until you hit your next big goal, whatever it is.
    I'm a fan of spa treatments and when I want to celebrate, I treat myself that way.
    There is another component that is kind of related... if I make all my scheduled workouts in a month and give it my all... If I eat clean and stay on track with nutrition... If I have a week where I ramp it up to my next level and survive... I think I'm entitled to a massage. I ask a lot of my body and it deserves to be taken care of. If we truly are treating our body as a temple, we need to consider what we do for self-care. I have a good benefits plan that lets me get a massage about every other month and I max that out my allowable. Our body isn't somthing to be punished while we try to lose weight but often that's what if feels like to some people.
    Worked your *kitten* off and lifted heavier than before, ran faster than before, ran further than perfore, nailed the pushup challenge... oh yeah, I deserve an hour of deep tissue massage! I love my massage therapist :)
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My goals: 179- new workout clothes (although I think I need new ones anyway, so I'll probably buy some)
    175- new purse
    170- Highlights to cover this gray!!
    165- sunless sun tanning towels
    160- new family photos
    155- new clothes for EVERYTHING!!!

I'm up higher than when I made this list though, so I need something for my first 5 lbs- to get me to 188 and for the next 5 183, maybe a manicure then a pedi?? Maybe massage for 179?
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Vacation with my boyfriend. Of course I will wear an awesome bikini that will say "I'm hot so you should probably put a ring on it now" :wink:
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When I lose another 5lbs (10 total), i will be buying my first item from Victoria's Secret (we just got a store in my city)
    After that, it's going to be either clothing, or other non-food items.

Mine was a real corset from England (corset-story.com) Didn't know I could be shaped like this! Woot!
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    Anything but food! My idea of reward to myself would be a spa treatment that I've never had done like a deep clean facial or special skin purication treatment. :wink:

This is also how I think. ABF (anything but food) or else you connect (unhealthy) food with happiness, success and reward.
    Any spa treatment sounds great!
    Good Luck.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    2500 for BOOTS?!? You could take a 9 day, all inclusive vacation to mexico at a 5 star resort with your SO/best friend for that!!! You could go to Thailand! You could do a week white water rafting down the Grand Canyon! You could buy a nice car! WOW.

Oops, forgot the quote
    "my reward when i hit goal...and keep it off for one full year is these (or something like them)

http://usa.hermes.com/woman/shoes/boots/jumping/jumping-967.html?xtor=SEC-1004&002=1236496&004=4029710705&005=1075230722&006=14772969785&007=Search&008= "

i take 2 vacations a year. one is usually a week at a 5 star all inclusive in mexico actually. just got back last month. i would take more if i got more time off work.

you can not buy a nice car for 2500. not that i would want to own a car. i haven't in over a decade.

i have, however, wanted those boots since i was about 8 years old. :-)

eta - i have been over a size 16W since i was 13 years old. i was a 22W when i joined here. i am now 34 and a tight 14 (not W) and hope to be a 12 by 35. i think i deserve any ol boots i want if i reach my goals :-)
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a nice purse when I lost my first 30 : )
  • alsi602
    alsi602 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I hit 20 lbs (which is actually two goals in one b/c it will also put me in onederland...finally!) I'm getting me a new Coach purse...I'm a purse-a-holic, but I have cut down on the spending b/c we needed a new kitchen...but I hit 20 and I'm getting me a new purse...

The sexy pics are my goal weight reward.... ;)
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options

Holy Cow! $2500 for boots! Good for you!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    After I finish all the toning I want to do and maintain for 6 mos-1 yr, I plan to reward myself with a new set of "girls". Yes, plastic surgery. That's my ultimate goal reward for maintaining my weight.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    I've been putting money aside since November for my goal weight clothes. When I get to 130 I'll buy the basics a couple pairs of jeans and pants, and a few shirts so I have clothes that fit, and then when I can maintain that size for 6 months then MAJOR shopping spree :) I've already got about $600 set aside for the new wardrobe.
  • hopsywopsy
    Options
    For me, it is either clothes, pampering (manicure/pedicure) or for a big goal, a meal in a nice restaurant (and no calorie counting whilst there).

I see a lot of people disagree with food-related treats, but surely you ARE improving your thinking about food if you are having your favourite foods as treats and in limited amounts, rather than daily / uncontrolled quantities? I still allow myself some treats as long as they fit in my calories (in addition to a generally healthy diet).
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    After I finish all the toning I want to do and maintain for 6 mos-1 yr, I plan to reward myself with a new set of "girls". Yes, plastic surgery. That's my ultimate goal reward for maintaining my weight.

I wanted to do this too :) I just decided to wait until after I have kids, no point in getting them fixed and then ruining them again!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    2500 for BOOTS?!? You could take a 9 day, all inclusive vacation to mexico at a 5 star resort with your SO/best friend for that!!! You could go to Thailand! You could do a week white water rafting down the Grand Canyon! You could buy a nice car! WOW.

Oops, forgot the quote
    "my reward when i hit goal...and keep it off for one full year is these (or something like them)

http://usa.hermes.com/woman/shoes/boots/jumping/jumping-967.html?xtor=SEC-1004&002=1236496&004=4029710705&005=1075230722&006=14772969785&007=Search&008= "

i take 2 vacations a year. one is usually a week at a 5 star all inclusive in mexico actually. just got back last month. i would take more if i got more time off work.

you can not buy a nice car for 2500. not that i would want to own a car. i haven't in over a decade.

eta - i have been over a size 16W since i was 13 years old. i was a 22W when i joined here. i am now 34 and a tight 14 (not W) and hope to be a 12 by 35. i think i deserve any ol boots i want if i reach my goals :-)

Definitely wasn't trying to say you were wrong, just shocked at what different people think of as worth their time/money/effort. You should absolutely have them if that floats your boat!

I have a very nice car that we bought for about 1500 that my husband and I fixed. It has leather, seat heater, and a sun roof. It gets 35 miles to the gallon on the highway, but kicks butt if I want to go fast because of the supercharger. 2002 Buick Regal Grand Sport. Again, people's ideas of what is nice or rewarding or whatever are very different...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    TL;DR Arf arf!

My husband is taking me out for a steak dinner.

I like to eat. I find food, really good food, enjoyable. It doesn't make me a dog. I have a friend who enjoys an end-of-work, weekly, 2 fingers glass of $300 scotch. That doesn't make him an alcoholic.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Once I get to my goal weight and am "comfortable frolicking at the beach" (my husbands words) then we will go to Hawaii for 2 weeks:)

In the mean time, I buy myself clothes/shoes for every ten pounds.
  • HeinzPrincess
    Options
    Vacation with my boyfriend. Of course I will wear an awesome bikini that will say "I'm hot so you should probably put a ring on it now" :wink:

Bwahahahahahaha! I also have a bf (2 years this December). Do you think you could order me the same bikini when you get yours? :laugh:
  • kandijo0306
    kandijo0306 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both trying to lose weight. We made a deal that when we lose 20% of our body weight, we will book a cruise. We've always wanted to go on a cruise, and what an awesome reward to work for! I hope to lose more than 20% of my weight though :)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options

Oops, forgot the quote

Definitely wasn't trying to say you were wrong, just shocked at what different people think of as worth their time/money/effort. You should absolutely have them if that floats your boat!

I have a very nice car that we bought for about 1500 that my husband and I fixed. It has leather, seat heater, and a sun roof. It gets 35 miles to the gallon on the highway, but kicks butt if I want to go fast because of the supercharger. 2002 Buick Regal Grand Sport. Again, people's ideas of what is nice or rewarding or whatever are very different...

i completely agree. i remember dating a guy once that couldn't understand why i didn't have a big nice tv. i remember saying to him you know that can buy a round-trip plane ticket anywhere in the us or mexico right?

that quite cool. i loved working on cars back when i drove. i got rid of my last car in 2000. not driving is pretty important to me these days. my husband doesn't even know how. it saves us a TON of money. we would save enough for those boots on insurance alone in a year. not to mention that gas is $4.70 a gallon here last i checked. hahaha :-)

what can i say i loooove clothes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!